The NEMly Awards

A few of us in the Telegram chat have been kicking around the idea of some NEM sponsored awards.  It could coincide with the launch and maybe turn into a yearly thing.  The 2014 NEMly Awards.  The "Nemmies" if you will :slight_smile:

Award winners could receive a NEM stake or part of a NEM stake or maybe just a t-shirt, who knows, we can decide as a community if this even makes sense as a marketing tool.  The goal would be to bring like minded revolutionaries of their respective fields into the NEMfold.  These persons may have never heard of crypto or Bitcoin, nevermind NEM, but that's not the point.  Perhaps one of them will accept their award and in turn spread the gospel that is NEM. 

So please reply to this thread if you think this could be a possible marketing strategy.  How much of a NEMstake, if at all, should he or she receive?  Should we have categories for each award?  Should we just have one award and select only one person be the NEM's Person of the Year?

Other considerations is perhaps a time to expiration for redeeming their award.  A bonus prize for mentioning NEM? 

Example: I nominate Mr iPad Chains for a NEMly award because of his contributions to crypto-education, full stake.

Also, if you aren't in the Telegram chat already, please come onboard and check it out.

this could be a very powerful marketing tool.

Lets get our thinking caps on…Im going to check out…most popular celebs…will be back.  If done right this could reach millions of people.

I would give out 1 NEMly award per year, giving 100K NEM to the person and 1 NEMsilver. THEN, I would give 1 NEMstake to a charity of the person's choice (it has to be a real charity, not just given to the person).

Also, I would give out the awards for people who worked to help realize a NEW ECONOMY. What would that look like?

I would say a new economy should have the following properties:

- environmentally sustainable
- creating companies/economic systems where everyone have equality of opportunity (i.e., empowering individuals)

So, people that empower individuals in an environmentally sustainable way are helping to realize the new economy. Let's reward people like that. Any nominations?

Good +1
:wink:

I like the idea!

It will probably be Mr. iPad Chain's first award

This sounds like a great idea makoto.

There is only one guy for the job:

Tom Cruise

Everybody know's him and he have backround
for it. Another story is if he is interested in any
way and who will call him ; )

great idea, can we give 0.1 Stake to Bill Gates?  :stuck_out_tongue:

There are a few on this list I would be happy to award a NEMmmy to.

http://www.coindesk.com/10-influential-people-bitcoin-year/

Your idea seems really great.I jst loved it.