Token goes down. Wait or sell?

We all know that the situation with market is not that good as we want it to be. Thus it affects a lot of ICO projects. On the one hand people don’t invest in coin so much money as they did last year. On the other bounty hunters sell tokens fast and the price goes very low. That is why some projects prefer list their token on Index first. They want to see how a coin plays on market.

And what investors should do in such situation? Sell all they have for small money or wait until a token will go up?

I’m asking as a person working in such project. After ICO token price went down ( KCY, I’m sure you heard of it ).

What is your idea?

1 Like

The good projects will see their coin price increase. Failed projects will see their coin price go to 0. It’s all about the community and the actual practical use of a coin.

2 Likes

In the long-term you may be right, but in the short-medium term what matters is how much the company spend on market making. Generally, better projects will devote less of their resources to market making and price will not do well unless the whales who invested in it pump the price. Once the whales pump it enough and get out, the price should die, case in point Vechain. I guarantee you, almost every pump you see is 100% manipulation. I have heard stories of founders being physically threatened by investors and then hired market making teams to make their investors happy.

You need to think about what are the whales doing, not about what you see in the market or in the media. Look at the top wallets for the token. If you had done this for Vechain earlier in the year you would have seen the largest wallet completely empty itself when the price was pumping to $8. If you find the wallets and they have been steadily offloading, then maybe you should do the same. If they are still full, then wait and offload with the whales. If the project raised less than 15-20 million though, this advice is off.

3 Likes

In this period of dip, I think the best and most profitable thing to do is to hold your coin patiently until when the market recover fully from the bear because selling now will be at more loss but if you hold, when the market recover and the bull run starts, the price will rise.

1 Like

Since crypto is now my life, so I depend on it a lot, I can not risk the hold of the altcoin that I am holding. So I sold the altcoin that I felt could not raise prices in the near future to ensure my life is not affected psychologically when the market fell. Dump a bag with a rush may be the ugliest choosing that traders would need to opt for because that this presses many of us to be plain simple to manipulate and rises the frenzy. At present, all one could do is sit tight to improve the economic situation, and the value of the coins would go up again.