Trezor, is it legit

So I paid 150AUD for one, got one.
Rather unimpressive piece of kit, light tacky, no dust cover on USB port…
Ok Ill give it a run, install instructions printed on a piece of cardboard about the size of a matchbox, hmm… ok got my glasses out, ready to roll.
Install instructions “Go to Trezor.com/start”.
Hmm ok, added my email, then downloaded the “Bridge”.
Run as admin, install dead, cannot write… blah.

So this is what Jeff recommends to keep your Nem safe?

Well Trezor banned me after they asked me to buy a new computer and I said why?
Very sad, I will bet nobody from Trezor has the decencey to address me here or help me implement their broken software.

Oh yes its all very trendy to bann the “bad guy” but sorry Trezor your software will not install on Win 7 and modern intel core chip with 4GB ram.

Isn’t Saleem a mod there, the 15 yr old that hacked Trezor?

Trezor you banned me, gave me no support apart from directing me to some rubbish site.

Buy this kit at own risk!

No but seriously I bought one (the old one available, the one they was selling while the new product was in), and the “Bridge” did not install… no answers from Telegram, just some guys talking rubbish with internet memes and the usual trash.
Eventually I goaded some folk into a response Wile.E.Cyote, and he/she suggested I use Google Chrome…lol ok I will just hand over my crypto finances to Google?
Next guy recommended I buy a new computer… oooh Im rich?
My computer is ‘new’ albeit second hand it has some very good components.
Then I was banned, kicked.

@xemnewbie
I’m sorry pretty sure you are banned because of spamming :smiley: Please look at your posts above. You can edit post (it will be nicer to read it)
Here you have some instructions below:

No swear words mate, nothing to edit.
No I was not spammig, everything I posted was 100% truth.
Nope I am not trolling you, I suspect you would be aware if I was.

Yet I can only imgaine the distress of having thousands locked up in some usb stick with buggy software and poor support.
My first impression is a red flag, if this happens now to an intermediate user… pfft what of the rest incoming?

Trezor is considered as one of most secured hardware wallets but of course it’s not so impressive.
Trezor 2.0 looks better :wink:

1 Like

Yeah they had the old one selling it off, while the new one was ready to be released.
legacey product straight out of the box, bit of a sell off ey?
I will not be buying any more until they dig deep into their pockets and spend 5c on a dust moisture cap.
And really their software failed to install in seconds, this is major suspect considering how much software i have installed over the years.
These folk must think money is to burn for me…eh, …I wish, but no.

I feel now my best and only security option is to delete my nano account.

good, you do that. bye.

I am guessing you are a great proponent of this device.
It was only seconds into setup (could not install the bridge), I received an error.
I do not have a lot of time to mess around with errors immediately on install.
I have things to do.
Just why an error? Answer that.

Also now I am removed from Nembria, Nem Red and now Trezor support.
I ran Trezor with Universal client and Chrome and got it functioning.

I have a question though, and cannot access support.

Other than that maybe OtterBox, Pelican or LifeProof can design a case for this.
I would buy one.

You’re guessing wrong. Don’t have one, never used it before. It’s just that I trust the thousands of positive voice more than one negative that makes 10 posts in a row.

I think your over exaggerating.
My posts are not all negative, most are positive.
Obviously you have a differing perception of negative and positive to me.

Trezor has been a great tool for myself and many others that I have personal interactions with. I would recommend it to all, its randomizing PIN keyboard is spot on. No one will get your tokens via that route.
When it comes to storing XEM on it, it appears to be a failure. I could not get that functionality to work. These things happen, perhaps future versions will be better.
Everyone should own a hardware wallet.

I would not go as far as to say failure, I got mine setup to the point that I log in.
Yet I stopped, I did not want to lose my old nano address.
Hence my need to access a few questions and answers.

There is a bit of a learning curve. I went through the same thing. Try using a different USB port. I used a different computer the first install. After that I used a different USB port after someone else recommend that. Once you’re up and running you’ll feel better about it. The support super sucks but the device is very secure. You will probably have to use the myetherwallet (Ethereum) section to secure your NEM which if you are unfamiliar with will be a challenge as well. Good luck. Any questions contact me.

Yes I’ve heard the same thing about Trezor.