Tried to import wallet failed

Tried to import wallet ,

copied wallet code i was given to blank note pad text file , renamed file mywalletsname.wlt

but it will not recognise it .

This is most difficult crypto wallet ive set up ive had so far , i only purged as a test to see how easy it was to recover before loading xem bit put off now , i had NEM picked as one of the best .

Are you trying to import .wlt file into your nanowallet?
If you want do so, only you need to do is puts the file into the same directory of start.html, under nanowallet directory.
Is this doesn’t work?

No start file in OS sepcific download.

Come on - this should be basics , only did it to test how easyand its not easy at all , doomed to fail if its not simple .

Im following instructions copying 64bit key to note pad naming the title mywalletname.wlt importing but it will not recognise . glad i did not send money ill give it a few day but i think ill be selling off my NEM as too complicated for average users .

OK managed to get it open with saved file when i initially opened wallet , for some reason the copy to note and rename file yourwalletname.wlt does not work , so may need sorting .

Ive opened wallet and node is red again and i have no access to wallet features ,

Ive tried selecting different nodes but nothing opens .

Crazy difficult this is guys , trying to find an easy to set up low price coin to send payment via my businesses but this is not it , how can i send details to set up to my other people when i cannot figure it myself and ive set up 5-8 wallets .

Im nearly out , but i know this could be great .

this is probably one the best coins ive studied , but worst organised altcoin , if you cannot access wallets very very very easy its a failure .

Im out for now .

Is it about 64 characters in length?
In that case, it is not the content described in .wlt, but it is likely to be a private key.
If it is a privete key, you need to create a “private key wallet” with that string.

thanks for reply MIZ but im after something simple and easy to contruct into my business to business payments structure .

I sorted the wallet in the end but then had node connection issues , i need fast instant simple set up .

Ill try again in a year or two i have 10,000 xem ill keep in my broker account .

I would argue that the way most wallets work, where you need to load the entire blockchain, is much more difficult then selecting a node from a dropdown list.

If you are unable to connect to any nodes, you are probably behind a firewall.

I do agree the notifcation that you are not connected to a node could be handled better.

1 Like

thanks for reply , its not firewall , 2 reasons it worked the first time i loaded wallet ( luckily i did not send xem to it as i wanted to test a few thing first ) , i turned off firewall to test if node would load and obvioulsy it did not .

it did not works nor did going through every node or imputting own node from list of top one i foind somewhere , it of no use to me if i cannot access wallet at all and any times and i have to rely on luck or the wind or something to access my wallet .

Needs sorting as i hear/see a lot of mumblings about this on internet

https://www.google.pt/search?q=cannot+access+wallet+nem&rlz=1C1CHBD_en-GBGB729GB729&oq=cannot+access+wallet+nem&aqs=chrome..69i57.6856j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=cannot+access+wallet+nem+node

You are kind of just proving my point. Look at the answers to those issues, the vast majority is having an issue because they are trying to connect to an offline node.

It sounds like your issue is unrelated to those.
When no nodes are available, it is usually a firewall issue, or the internet provider is blocking the connection.
Can you try accessing from a different location/provider. Just for troubleshooting.

1 Like