(UPDATED) Find Rookies Egg and win 10 Million NEM's + secret bonus!

A while ago Rookie decided to have some fun and hide one of his eggs.
So far nobody has found it !

Winner will receive 10 Million NEM's and Rookies has pledged to add a secret bonus.

Rules :
1st one to post evidence as such by means of a link or picture of Rookies Egg is the winner.

Where to start ?
https://forum.ournem.com/beta-launch-discussion/nem-beta-0-4-20/msg9078/#msg9078

Let the hunt begin and may the holy spirits of NEM be with you !!

My guess:

There are natural rollbacks in every crypto currency. This happens each time when you are on a fork and NIS resolves the fork. Those rollbacks are performed automatically but can only happen up to a certain depths. In the current version the maximum depth for resolving a fork is 360 blocks. If you are stuck on a fork deeper than this you will be stuck forever (means you have to delete the db and resync from scratch).

Manual rollbacks are of course possible if the developers release a new version which hard forks the blockchain. But it is up to the users if they want to use the new version or not (webstart kind of undermines this concept as it automatically upgrades the software at start). I personally think that if something catastrophically happens which kills NEM we should really consider a rollback. But it should be up to the community to decide.

If you gain more than 50% importance you have won and control NEM. But that is true for all other crypto currencies as well. In fact, even if you gain 40% importance, the chance that you can create a fork which is deeper than the above mentioned maximum depth for automatic resolving forks is quite high. So I think a single entity should not have more than 25% importance because this leads to big problems (the trust in the currency will fall).
There is no check for an account having more than x% importance. This would be useless because an attacker can always spread his importance among many accounts.

Bloody Rookie

There is no bug free code that is that complex ;)
But we coded a lot of tests so I guess it contains less bugs than nxt in the beginning.
Once we open source, we will give bounties to the people who find bugs.
Rigel already found a fatal bug and will get a bounty :)

This is my suggestion.

And in what way are those things easter eggs?

I'm guessing I'm excluded from this egg hunt ? :slight_smile:

yea, I guess it would look stupid if a team member finds it :slight_smile:

It's this:

TALICE-LCD3XP-H4FFI5-STGGNS-NSWPOT-G5E4DS-2TOS

@wirralnick: why is that an easter egg?

hamm… another language, in MonitorNIS/NCC

Tomek, hast Du den NEM Ordner vor der Installation gel

interesting… but Im out of time to make some search =)

the answer haven't been found so far

Were there Any clues given as to what we are looking for?

I have been looking.  I thought maybe an egg hidden in the client, or somewhere on the net.

Were there Any clues given as to what we are looking for?

I have no clue where Rookie hide his egg ! ;D

I have been looking.  I thought maybe an egg hidden in the client, or somewhere on the net.

AFAIK it's in a post in this forum. One from Bloody obviously.

Is it in a thread that pat posted in?

@wirralnick: why is that an easter egg?

I think it's due to the numbers

TALICE-LCD3XP-H4FFI5-STGGNS-NSWPOT-G5E4DS-2TOS

Was there something particular at block 34542?

Or could it be that it appears that some people are using scavengers from Star Wars to run Nem?

Usual Troubleshooting Guide:

egg:

Quote from: Rockethead on November 05, 2014, 09:56:45 AM
Thanks. Does it mean then that if it is under remote harvesting, I can switch the terminal off and leave the remote account to continue harvesting from elsewhere, effectively making the wallet "cold"?

Subsequently if people keep sending NEMs to me this will add on to the remote account and gives rise to some incremental importance while at the same time losing some importance for not sending NEMs out?

1) Once you start harvesting (no matter whether it is the normal account or another (remote) account which received the importance from the former) you can shut down ncc and it will still harvest. Again, "remote" in the term "remote harvesting" has nothing to do with the physical location of the NIS, it just says that the account that could harvest locally leased its harvesting power to another account (which is called remote account, a term which obviously causes confusion).

2) If the original account is receiving NEM and its importance grows, the remote account's harvesting power grows too. There is nothing like losing importance for not sending NEM to others. It is the other way around, you gain importance by sending NEM to others.

Bloody Rookie

so this is the egg?  I am still a little confused. It seems like I can set my account balance to add to the PoI of another account?