Video tutorial on youtube

guys are going to hire somebody from the community to upload professional complete tutorial for all the features that you add for each wallet …

I can bounty them if you have somebody in mind

the only person i know who introduced me in the nem is my bro but in the family we dont speak well English …and we are struggling to understand this technology.

sorry i cant help …maybe in he future when we master this tech we can upload some video without sound …

why i asking for tutorial because we converted my wallet to a multisig min 1 cosig which is my bro …

now we cant figure out how to control the mutisig account …
we were expecting additional option showing in the android wallet of my brother telling him that he is in control of an multisig …but nothing

now we are stuck .

we are not using the same wallet my friend…
mines are from app store it is green and the option “from” is missing from the wallet of my bro …when he clics on new tx

I’m charging my Android phone, so I took a screen shot from my iphone. it should be more or less the same though.

what is your brother’s account address?

what is the address of the account you put in multisig?

If you don’t want to publish here, you can also PM me.

my brother is a mumber here for sometime he is nickname dondorae

bother account is NB4BQN-CQNCQ3-PKUNW6-436MBF-4CZRUA-P2RISP-UE5N

my account · multisig "
NBOGNM-IWZWIN-KEV2AD-QF32PR-AECBA3-HVCXRI-YA4N

Hmmmmm, I think you will not like this news.

it seems as if the account you added as the 1-of-1 signer is not your brother’s account, but instead is http://chain.nem.ninja/#/account/NAAEQBTQR7RI23RYV72XLIGXV4E7JA62BCK646E4/0

do you or either your brother happen to control the account NAAEQB-TQR7RI-23RYV7-2XLIGX-V4E7JA-62BCK6-46E4?

in my wallet multisig cosigner option i added this public key that the wallet was asking for
the address of my brother didn’t work in the android wallet strange no?

the publick key that was added as cosigner
b1060697decbb113c3ecf3bce3594ffc8d0ccef0e4776023b933c80e37b02117

i dont recognise this adress at all NAAEQB-TQR7RI-23RYV7-2XLIGX-V4E7JA-62BCK6-46E4

there is no such adress on my wallet

I have identified the problem.

Your brother’s public key : b1060697decbb113c3ecf3bce3594ffc8d0ccef0e4776023b933c80e37b02117
The one you entered was: 01060697decbb113c3ecf3bce3594ffc8d0ccef0e4776023b933c80e37b02117

i feel so bad for my brother …damn that was stupid . is it possible i didn’t copy the whole stuff
then…but why the system accepted a public key that doesn’t exist or in use

i mean the wallet should have some kind o security like · this public key doesn’t exist or in use"··like i dont know when sending money with a bad address . the system will tells you something is wrong …errors happens

ok i have to find a student jod to refund him this piss me off …thank you jabo
i will go back to bitcoin this is very complex stuff for me

this is the first time this has happened with the mobile app. I feel bad about it too. Actually, the app was only supposed to be edit multisig by address only, just like you mentioned but the dev wasn’t very good. In NanoWallet it is also edit by address only too which prevents these problems but also makes it easier to work with multisig.

As for public keys, they have to be on a curve. I guess some random numbers will produce and address and some won’t. It is sad that this one did.

I will make sure that future updates address this issue. It is a terrible thing to happen. the other option which we normally enforce wallet side is to make sure the account being added as a signer has to have at least 1 transaction going out so that we know that somebody controls it.

yes jabo this should be fixed as soon as possible .

other-way more people are going to lose more money

the addresses are easy to copy just one clic on the bottom but the public key is different you have to select all and copy with a small phone like mine it is easy to make errors

at least the Dev should adds a dead line to this feature .
a mutisig account become valid only if all co sig validate it within lets say 3 days
other-ways the multsig account go back the original state

2 -the option of the possibility of limiting the life of multisig account is very useful too
why not

all this will prevent a lot of misery and sadness

this kind of misconception who push people away …it feels like in the wild west movies one error and you head get chopped . this is not good

i dont see a poor guy with a family to feed in Africa…will risk that much.

I really like your idea of time-lock multisig contracts. Actually, it is possible to implement that today, but is a bit tricky and way beyond that Android developer’s level.

We are very far away from NEM being used by poor guys in Africa to feed their family but that is the long-term goal we are working towards.

And yes it is very much like the wild west. One of my NEM friends lost 3,000,000 in a Supernode!!!

Right now all our software is in beta. by the time we are ready for the mass market, I hope all these problems are worked out.

1 Like

Guys,

I want to create a series of introduction videos with my friend who is 6y old Chinese Malaysian with great English pronounciation. I think we could even do two versions in English and Mandarin. (or do Chinese subtitle)
I would do a script and train it with him. He would then explain how he downloaded the Nanowallet and tried it out with Test-Xem and it was so easly.

Next one, he converts pocket money allowance from Btc to Xem and then checks exchanges for development of his “investment”.

Other one, trying out Apostille and other features.

For the Supernode-Setup on Linux Debian I may do a one-on-one video me+him to assist him with that. :wink:

(Location of the filming: his children’s room work desk, one of the videos then in a coffee shop for grown-ups to create confusion)

Would there be a bounty for such “series” to share 50/50 with him?
I hope such videos could go viral just for the fascination how a young buddy can navigate through NEM technology.

Rene

I personally think it is a great idea to have a cute international kid teaching in English how to use NEM.

How much do you want per video?

It would be great really to have a kid doing our tutorials, especially if there were a lot of them and it was a series.

This could be one inspiration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p7sdK9mOYI

Reg. amount… perhaps US$ 250 per 2-4min video? Need to pay the professional cutting etc. I guess… so about $150-200 goes for technicalities and $50-100 for the scripting and the kid? Just an idea.

Hello, here coming some parts for video, but please contribute, because I need also food. http://nem-art.weebly.com/

Please do contribute with some XEM, so I can go on, if you appreciate what I’m doing: NBN5HR-SNU36Q-FSX2YR-DKMF3W-R7JNAY-RK7MTN-CU73