VNL Zerotime "whitepaper"

I can’t believe I’m actually posting a whitepaper of a coin that has one of the undoubtedly shitties names ever but there’s been some controversy around it so why not discuss it.

Some of the supporter are the worst of our trolls, the dev is super fishy and btc devs have cautioned about VNL as well (they also accused them of using the bitcoin code and advertising it as new code).

Still the claims are bold and development seems active.

1 Like

I mined it for a bit when it first came out and could be mined by cpu. Developer seems active, and they have had a very basic mobile wallet out for awhile, though I haven’t tested it. Last time I checked on it, there was one dev, but he was working on the project full time. The Dev is really shady, and way too secretive to put real money into the project, in my opinion.
Oh I also checked out their IRC once, really disturbing, felt like a cult. Everyone was praising the dev like he was a god, he certainly has some interesting followers

1 Like

I was there once as well. Trying to ask some questions. Cult is definitely the right word allthough they were kind and not excluding to visitors (which I guess is a good idea for a cult :slight_smile: ).

I posted the document mainly to get some opinions on the actual confirmation mechanism not because I’d advise anyone to invest in that thing.

I know developer of VNL well and i can say to you that he discoverd flaw in bitcoin core. You can find that post on redit. Also he has a secret supporters with big money investments so you cant say that is fishy. Maybe it is but not like scam fishy. And yes there is only one developer who is very stubborn and secretive.

Is that the flaw that he pointed out to gmaxwell who then proceeded to open a topic on btt how that dude has no idea what he’s talking about and that people should be carefull witht that guy because he basically stole the btc code and advertised it as new code ? (serious question cuz that actually happend)

1 Like

Didn’t mean scam fishy, don’t get me wrong. I don’t think VNL is a pump-and-dump or something like that. However I do consider a secret investor a bit ‘fishy’. If the investor, or atleast the investors intentions were revealed, I would be more interested in VNL.

Here is the Gmaxwell thread. I stopped paying any attention to VNL after that. I respect his opinions. Well… That and the fact Decentralized Econimics was pumping it and the white paper had mistakes in it that a high school kid wouldn’t make.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=920344.0

1 Like

They just released their node rewards program. People running a node (but not mining) and have their ports open will get 1% of the PoW reward.