[VOTE] Lost NXT / BTT Accounts

I had my Nxt token sent to the wrong Acct.

It is still sitting there. When the Tokens are worthless on the asset exchange and it was never moved, I don't see why anyone would vote for me not to get my stake.

I have a copy of the PM that I sent to get the token. I put the wrong acct number on the PM. Yes, this was my mistake but I made it aware to Pat a long time ago and the token has not moved since.

If I can prove that I am not scamming and prove that I never sold the token and prove that it is locked in a account and can no longer be redeemed or sold, why can't I get my stake the regular way, since I can prove that I never did anything with the "token" that was supposed to represent my stake?

It is obviously mine. I never used the token. There is no way for me to use the token. So there is no reason not to give me the stake the regular way since the token was never used.

THANK YOU who voted not to take my stake away. I have been waiting to get it many many months.

I thought that it would be more secure on the Nxt exchange, but I screwed up the password.
I had never used Nxt before and I have only used to accts where if you type in the wrong password it says "error".
I understand now that it just makes you a new account.

The fact is that I can prove that it's my token. No one is disputing that.

I can prove it is still locked in my Nxt account once that it becomes invalid.

So, do I really have to have the ability to send it back to be destroyed? when it is worthless anyway at that point.

I made a BIG mistake and it was my fault.

I just want to thank those in the community for standing up for me and helping me get my stake. I just wish everybody understood that there is no way for me to be scamming another stake here. I hope everyone just understands that.

What was the problem with your nxt account and passphrase? Because, as you say, your nemstake is lost, if you PM me detailed story about not accessing your account with wrong passphrase, I can try to play with your passphrase. I helped few nxters to recoup access to their account, when they made some mistakes with passphrase.

It is the original multiple word pass phrase they automatically give you when you set up the account. I have spent about 10 minutes a day retyping it in with every way possible for months.

It was my first time using Nxt and when I made an error typing in the password I didn't realize it and then I sent the wrong Acct number to have the token sent to.

Then when I logged in to see if it was there it wasn't.

Then I checked the acct number and compared it to the one I sent in to have the token sent to, I realized it was the wrong one.

I just can't see why people would vote for me to lose my stake, when I can prove it's mine. That account number that was sent in was sent by me, and the token is locked in there.

Once the token is worthless, I just don't see why people wouldn't want me to get my stake since my token was never moved or sold.

What would be the reason to stop me from claiming my stake the regular way?

Everybody that has left an explanation as to why they voted not to give me my stake, seems to think that there is some way for me to be scamming a second one, and that would be impossible.

PM me your original passphrase and account No where nemstake is locked. Also describe in PM, how did you enter passphrase (copy paste, by typing it, are you using other than english, us kayboard layout, etc.). As I said, I can play with your passphrase, as I had success with other people problems for accessing right account. In any case, your nemstake is locked for ages. Now there is only nice fairy tale, that you can't access your account. Just it seems personally for me, no offence :)

The reason why I think a vote is unfair for the people who have lost their BTT account is because people who vote against the reimbursement have something to GAIN when they vote for neither. After all, those people might only act out of self-interest keeping in mind that those NEM stakes probably will get redistributed into the NEM economy and into THEIR wallets.

This puts an incentive on voting AGAINST reimbursement, leaving the already duped in an even more negative position.

Therefore the vote will always be biased and can not result in a fair outcome for the people who lost their stake.

It is the original multiple word pass phrase they automatically give you when you set up the account. I have spent about 10 minutes a day retyping it in with every way possible for months.

It was my first time using Nxt and when I made an error typing in the password I didn't realize it and then I sent the wrong Acct number to have the token sent to.

Then when I logged in to see if it was there it wasn't.

Then I checked the acct number and compared it to the one I sent in to have the token sent to, I realized it was the wrong one.

I just can't see why people would vote for me to lose my stake, when I can prove it's mine. That account number that was sent in was sent by me, and the token is locked in there.

Once the token is worthless, I just don't see why people wouldn't want me to get my stake since my token was never moved or sold.

What would be the reason to stop me from claiming my stake the regular way?

Everybody that has left an explanation as to why they voted not to give me my stake, seems to think that there is some way for me to be scamming a second one, and that would be impossible.

Exactly the same happened to me.  Just don't have fluent enough english to explain it. Random number account and mixed up with my own. The evil account wasn't a valid one, only 17 digit which we could never login again.

And people are still wondering why a brainwallet just sucks.

You mean "people are still wondering why a brainwallet doesn't suck"?

PM me your original passphrase and account No where nemstake is locked. Also describe in PM, how did you enter passphrase (copy paste, by typing it, are you using other than english, us kayboard layout, etc.). As I said, I can play with your passphrase, as I had success with other people problems for accessing right account. In any case, your nemstake is locked for ages. Now there is only nice fairy tale, that you can't access your account. Just it seems personally for me, no offence :)

Well, our problem here is that we actually don't have a passphrase to give, just misused the brainwallet gived account with our own.
Just NXT account No, and nothing to do about it.
If you can get something useful on that, please send help  :P

What do you mean

just misused the brainwallet gived account with our own.

?

You must have entered something.

Well, our problem here is that we actually don't have a passphrase to give, just misused the brainwallet gived account with our own.

What do you mean

?

I believe he was trying to say that he sent the token to some account that belonged to someone else. That may be dangerous because that someone may just lay claim to it.

What do you mean

?

I believe he was trying to say that he sent the token to some account that belonged to someone else. That may be dangerous because that someone may just lay claim to it.

Sorry I was busy working and helping my collegues.
Now I can give  this account information to ensure no one would claim my NEM token.
The information I originally sent was:
"
I'm sorry, but did I miss the chance to get one NEM token?
I want one if I still get the chance
NXT Account:  26641360721550350
Thanks!
"

Maybe you want to write that in chinese so that someone hopefully can translate what you are trying to say. Hard to understand what you are trying to say here.
  1. If someones btt acc is in early stakeholder list, he lost password to that acc and also lost NXT/Bitcoin acc from witch he payed registration fee (or his registration was free), he should NOT get stake, because there is NO way he can prove it is him. It can easily be someone else, who is checking early stakeholder list for unused btt accs (accounts, that have no posts lately) and trying to scam NEM stake.

2. If someone has NEMstake in NXT and lost his private key (password) he should NOT get NEM stake, because it is easy to check NEMstake stakeholders in NXT blockchain and see which NEMstakes are not being redeemed and hen falsely  claim them.

but there are many individual cases, that dont fall in any voting options really. If they can sufficiently prove, that NEM stake is theirs, they should get them. If not they should NOT get them.
    Dont forget, that some NEM stakes were already scammed by using sophisticated loophole in NXT NEMstake token redemption process.

What do you mean

?

Now I can give  this account information to ensure no one would claim my NEM token.
"
Thanks!
"

Maybe you want to write that in chinese so that someone hopefully can translate what you are trying to say. Hard to understand what you are trying to say here.

Well it's awkward to accpet that my english doesn't make sence.
About the nxt account, it's more like I copied something from some password of mine as passphrase to login NXT wallet.  I don't have access to the passphrase of anyone else.
Since I have announced the account here, I don't see there's any possibility that anyone could claim the stack in public.
If there's still some misunderstanding please ask me about it.

You should send PM on bitcointalk to patmast3r about this situation. If you have access to bitcointalk acc from witch NEMstake token on NXT AE was redeemed, ti should not be problem to "un-redeem" it back to that bitcointalk account.

What do you mean

?

"
Thanks!
"

About the nxt account, it's more like I copied something from some password of mine as passphrase to login NXT wallet.  I don't have access to the passphrase of anyone else.
Since I have announced the account here, I don't see there's any possibility that anyone could claim the stack in public.

You should send PM on bitcointalk to patmast3r about this situation. If you have access to bitcointalk acc from witch NEMstake token on NXT AE was redeemed, ti should not be problem to "un-redeem" it back to that bitcointalk account.

You see this is the problem here. So far we are 3 votes away from being able to do so because [u]we have 33 people who have voted that it is a problem to unredeem the token back to the bitcointalk.org account.[/u]

It was much worse and  more and more people from the NEM community are voting to help us who CAN prove that it is our NEMtoken that is locked in the acct.

I AM the bitcointalk acct who sent the PM for the token. There is no question that it is my Nxt token locked in the acct. I just cant get into it to send it back to trade it for my stake and claim it the regular way. Chris001 sent the PM for the NEMstake. Chris001 is on the stakeholder list. Chris001 still has contol of his acct lol. Chris001/tradecraft same person. and no tradecraft is not a stakehoder lol

BUT so far the majority of the NEM community is voting for me not to get my NEM.

EVEN THO THERE IS NO QUESTION IT IS MINE. I SCREWED UP THE PASSWORD. SO most OF YOU ARE JUST LIKE ... HA HA TO BAD.

Yes I made a mistake, but I am a stakeholder, and I can prove I didnt get my stake, and I can prove that no one else did.

At that point, why are you people VOTING for it to go to someone or somewhere else???

THANK YOU ALL WHO HAVE SUPPORTED US, WHO CAN prove WE ARE NOT SCAMMERS, THAT THE STAKE IS OURS, AND WE JUST MADE A MISTAKE.

I never in a million years. Would vote to TAKE AWAY someones stake if they can prove that they did not get the stake and no one else did, and they were on the stakeholders list. I WOULD DO EVERY THING I COULD DO TO HELP THEM.

and yes, I am yelling where there are all caps lol

again, thank you so much for those of you who are trying to help me get my stake. You are the people in the NEM community that care, truly care, and thank you so much for that!!!!!!!

The rest of you, I just don't know what is wrong with you.

This is like I lost my password to my bank acct and I show up with my ID, and the bank says, "yes, we know its you, but sorry you should not have screwed up with the password, your money is now ours" ha ha

This is what you people are voting to do. Do you realize that you are the bank in this story if you vote for a NEMstake  holder not to be able to just claim their stake the regular way once the token is never moved or sold, and the tokens become worthless.

What is so hard to understand? or why are you so heartless?

What do you mean

?

"
Thanks!
"

You see this is the problem here. So far we are 3 votes away from being able to do so because [u]we have 33 people who have voted that it is a problem to unredeem the token back to the bitcointalk.org account.[/u]

It was much worse and  more and more people from the NEM community are voting to help us who CAN prove that it is our NEMtoken that is locked in the acct.

I AM the bitcointalk acct who sent the PM for the token. There is no question that it is my Nxt token locked in the acct. I just cant get into it to send it back to trade it for my stake and claim it the regular way. Chris001 sent the PM for the NEMstake. Chris001 is on the stakeholder list. Chris001 still has contol of his acct lol. Chris001/tradecraft same person. and no tradecraft is not a stakehoder lol

BUT so far the majority of the NEM community is voting for me not to get my NEM.

EVEN THO THERE IS NO QUESTION IT IS MINE. I SCREWED UP THE PASSWORD. SO most OF YOU ARE JUST LIKE ... HA HA TO BAD.

Yes I made a mistake, but I am a stakeholder, and I can prove I didnt get my stake, and I can prove that no one else did.

At that point, why are you people VOTING for it to go to someone or somewhere else???

THANK YOU ALL WHO HAVE SUPPORTED US, WHO CAN prove WE ARE NOT SCAMMERS, THAT THE STAKE IS OURS, AND WE JUST MADE A MISTAKE.

I never in a million years. Would vote to TAKE AWAY someones stake if they can prove that they did not get the stake and no one else did, and they were on the stakeholders list. I WOULD DO EVERY THING I COULD DO TO HELP THEM.

again, thank you so much for those of you who are trying to help me get my stake. You are the people in the NEM community that care, truly care, and thank you so much for that!!!!!!!

This is like I lost my password to my bank acct and I show up with my ID, and the bank says, "yes, we know its you, but sorry you should not have screwed up with the password, your money is now ours" ha ha

This is what you people are voting to do. Do you realize that you are the bank in this story if you vote for a NEMstake  holder not to be able to just claim their stake the regular way once the token is never moved or sold, and the tokens become worthless.

How can you prove, that you can't login to your nxt account?

Yeah, how do you prove that you are the person who has a token?

You are NOT showing your ID to the bank because you lost your ID! There simply is no way to identificate you.

Every person could come and say: There is an unclaimed stake, there is a token which wasn't used, there is a bitcointalk account which is dead because of a lost password and I AM THE ONE.

Me for example: I could now say: No, you are lying, its my stake.*

What now?

*Of course, it's not. Just making sure nobody thinks I'm really trying to steal a stake.

What do you mean

?

"
Thanks!
"

The BTC account Chris001 is me.
Chris001 sent the PM asking for the NEMstake
The Nxt account has had no activity since the NEMstake was sent there.
I still have access my Chris001 account.

If the NEMstake is still in the account after the NEMstake tokens are worthless, I don't have to prove that I can't log into my Nxt account at that point, because even if I could, I couldn't sell it anyway at that point.

All I am saying is if it is still there, when the tokens become worthless, consider that the same thing as sending it back to get the NEM as anyone else would.

This is a trustless decison.

There is no question that the token is mine.
There will be no question that I never sold the token on the asset exchange.

So since I got a token that represented my stake, and never used it, and no one else used it, what is the problem with giving me my stake at that point.

Like I said, I am proving everything.

No one has to trust me on anything I am saying.

It is a trustless decision.

The only reason not to give me my stake is because I screwed up, not because I can't prove that I am on the stakeholder list and did not receive a stake, and no one else got my stake either. So what is the problem, unless people just want to punish me for making a mistake?

You are NOT showing your ID to the bank because you lost your ID! There simply is no way to identificate you.

Every person could come and say: There is an unclaimed stake, there is a token which wasn't used, there is a bitcointalk account which is dead because of a lost password and I AM THE ONE.

What now?

*Of course, it's not. Just making sure nobody thinks I'm really trying to steal a stake.

No you can not say that it is your stake, you are not the one who sent the PM to get it.

I do have my ID, my bitcointalk.org account that requested the NEMstake.

This must be why so many people are voting the wrong way, because they don't understand.

I can prove it is my token that is locked in that nxt account, no one else can do that.

The fact that it is my token is not even in question at this point.

The Bitcointalk acct is not dead!!

I still have access to the Bitcointalk acct. I have not lost my Bitcointalk acct!!!!

What now?

No you can not say that it is your stake, you are not the one who sent the PM to get it.

This must be why so many people are voting the wrong way, because they don't understand.

I can prove it is my token that is locked in that nxt account, no one else can do that.

I still have access to the Bitcointalk acct. I have not lost my Bitcointalk acct!!!!

Hi I support your case.

Well, both renolteng.li and tradecraft (Chris001) seems valid after checking stakeholder list and corresponding nxt accounts with them. Both accounts even do not have public key.

My proposal for this individual problem:

1. Temporary blacklist these nxt accounts during redeem period from NXT AE.
2. Keep an eye and monitor these accounts during redeem period. (Not easy task :))
3. After redeem period, when all AE Nemstakes are redeemed, if no action in these accounts, give them their stakes.

Of course, final decision will take devs :slight_smile:

Ok, sorry. I misunderstood you. Your explanations weren't really clear for me. Maybe you should try to write less sentences with less repetitions and more and clear facts... ;)

Ok, sorry. I misunderstood you. Your explanations weren't really clear for me. Maybe you should try to write less sentences with less repetitions and more and clear facts... ;)

Yeah, I am just tripping out lol  :(

Could have used less words I guess.

Does everyone understand now?

And is it possible for people to change their vote if they decide to?

Hi I support your case.

THANK YOU !!!! :)

Well, both renolteng.li and tradecraft (Chris001) seems valid after checking stakeholder list and corresponding nxt accounts with them. Both accounts even do not have public key.

2. Keep an eye and monitor these accounts during redeem period. (Not easy task :))
3. After redeem period, when all AE Nemstakes are redeemed, if no action in these accounts, give them their stakes.

Of course, final decision will take devs :)

THANK YOU!!!

This sounds like a good way to handle it  :)

Of course, final decision will take devs :)

That's what the plan is for AE stakes IF the community aggrees.
I'll also add the votes for "BOTH" and "NXT ONLY" which currently still isn't enough but might be when the vote ends.