[VOTE] Lost NXT / BTT Accounts

As some of you may already know there are some people that have lost their accounts on btt and are unable to proof their idendity because they don't have access to the original nxt/btc addresses anymore.

There are also some people who had their stake sent as asset on the AE and have now lost access to those NXT accounts.

These people have requested that they still get their stake, in case it's still unclaimed after distribution.

We've decided that we'll let the community decide on this matter, so please vote.

Here's my take on it:

Since at some point we're going to stop redeeming NXT Assets, I think we can give those people their stakes, if the account it was originally sent to still hold the asset.

I don't think btt users should get the stake, no matter if redeemed or not because anyone could come and claim to be someone from the stakeholderlist. It looks like we're going to have quite a few unclaimed stakes so just picking some inactive accounts and claiming to be them would  be easy enough.

Lost BTT accounts should get their stake,
but only if they can prove that
(send message or small amount from same BTC/nxt address)

Lost NXT account isn't something that has a deal with NEM;
everybody can say that they don't have access to NXT account.
quote Pat:
Since at some point we're going to stop redeeming NXT Assets, I think we can give those people their stakes, if the account it was originally sent to still hold the asset.

Pat way is most fair way :slight_smile:

Lost BTT accounts should get their stake,
but only if they can prove that
(send message or small amount from same BTC/nxt address)

As I've written in the OP, they can't prove their id because they don't have access to those accounts anymore. If they did we wouldn't be having this vote as that has happend numerous times :)

;D

I vote NO for BTT and YES for NXT

Lost btt account have last chance in telmos

;D

I vote NO for BTT and YES for NXT

I think you can change your vote. Right now you can't have voted for that because there is only 1 vote for that option and that is mine :)

there is no option to change the vote…

I agree not btt but yes for nxt acc. Can't vote won't show on tapatalk

i voted for Both should get their stake because i know how one can feel when they cant get their precious stake  :stuck_out_tongue:

I need some clarity before I vote. 

If somebody loses their account on BTT that really sucks for them. 

But if they still have control of the original Bitcoin account or original NXT account that they originally used to pay their membership fee, can't they just send some small money from that account with a message proving that they still have control of the original funding account?

It seems like to me if nobody claims the token sent to the BTT account then the owner might have genuinely lost the password.  If they can send more money from their original donating account, it seems like that should be proof enough.  This is as long as the account is uncontested.  If there are multiple people claiming rights to the same NEMstake, I am really not sure what to do at all. 

As far as the NXT Asset exchange goes, if somebody sends you a message and says that this certain account has a NEMstake but won't be claiming it because they lost control of the account, I think they have made a fair case to receive their NEMstake.

But if they still have control of the original Bitcoin account or original NXT account that they originally used to pay their membership fee, can't they just send some small money from that account with a message proving that they still have control of the original funding account?

Like I said. In these cases they don't have controll over those accounts anymore. If they did we wouldn't be having this vote as that happens all the time.

I would only agree for giving them the stakes if they sent you a message saying they lost access to their account by 2 days ago.

Like I said. In these cases they don't have controll over those accounts anymore. If they did we wouldn't be having this vote as that happens all the time.

It's hard to lose someone's BTT account, NXT and BTC Wallet, all while
So what if we use common sense and require proof that the holder has at least one or more accounts?
How else which could cheat the authenticity?
Only if any of the accounts/wallets were stolen and the thief is asking the stake.

PS. OP, add to change vote, plz.

Only lost NXT accounts should get their stake. BTT is a much more vulnerable system.

I voted for neither, mainly because I just don't see why everyone else should burden the cost of other peoples neglect or mistakes. It also opens up a whole new avenue for people to scam their way into the currency, which will happen, if given the opportunity - and if they can't get their way, FUD will be their resort.

If the majority of people felt differently, perhaps reimbursing a partial amount of what they lost, provided they supplied sufficient evidence to prove they had ownership. Just an idea.

I really dont understand how people are so careless while dealing whith money.

I'm pretty sure since Utopian's time it was given an enphasis to the ACC secure and how important it was.

I know shit happens but dont have acess to the BTT ACC or bitcoin ACC or NXT is really complicated.

I look this and imagine that guy which has won the lottery but lost the winning ticket…

???

I voted neither also…if you lose your account you probably have been neglectful or have broken the rules to get banned…

Okay, so somebody lost control of their BTT account and their original NXT/BTC account.  Both of them!  At that point I just can't see how to give them NEM.  It is too hard to know for sure what the exact situation is. 

For somebody who bought their token on NXT AE and are locked out of it, I think they should be able to claim their stake after a certain time has passed and the token has gone uncontested. 

It is entirely possible for people to get locked out of their NXT account.  Those pass phrases are so long and just a sing miss key when setting up the account can do somebody in. 

If they lost control of their NXT AE and somebody transferred the token out to a third account, I say it is tough luck.  It is just too hard to prove at that point. 

In the one case of the poster who bought, and then sent his NEM into a dark account, I think he has made a case to get his token back.  Again, as long as it goes uncontested.

For these reasons I am going to click "only NXT accounts" but I would like to qualify it.  The token must be lost forever and not being moved around or claimed by another.  A person need also make a reasonable explanation of what happened too. 

I vote for both. I am completely against personal property being seized by anyone under nearly all circumstances and "you snooze, you lose" does not seem like a compelling reason to me personally.