[VOTE] Lost NXT / BTT Accounts

The votes from the option "Both should get their stake" should be added to the vote for "only nxt" and "only btt", as the people who voted on "Both should get their stake" also want the two other options I mentioned.

That means if there are 8 votes for "only nxt" and 3 for "both" the "only nxt" option ought to have 8+3=11 votes.

This is the most fair way to handle it as the people who voted on "both" would've voted on "only nxt" if they knew that their vote would be worthless otherwise. For a voting process to be democratic there should only really be 2 options to vote on (say a group of people were to vote on what they should do on their vacation and the options are skiing in France, skiing in Italy and sun vacation in Thailand. If 5 votes go to skiing in France, 5 go to skiing in Italy and 6 goes to sun vacation in Thailand it's not fair to go to Thailand. A better way of voting would be to first vote on "should we ski or go on sun vacation?" And then vote on France/Italy).

I need some clarity before I vote. 

If somebody loses their account on BTT that really sucks for them. 

But if they still have control of the original Bitcoin account or original NXT account that they originally used to pay their membership fee, can't they just send some small money from that account with a message proving that they still have control of the original funding account?

It seems like to me if nobody claims the token sent to the BTT account then the owner might have genuinely lost the password.  If they can send more money from their original donating account, it seems like that should be proof enough.  This is as long as the account is uncontested.  If there are multiple people claiming rights to the same NEMstake, I am really not sure what to do at all. 

As far as the NXT Asset exchange goes, if somebody sends you a message and says that this certain account has a NEMstake but won't be claiming it because they lost control of the account, I think they have made a fair case to receive their NEMstake.

I think pat means people who can't access their account and can't send a tx from the acc they used to register ether.. Perhaps if there are people who notified pat of their inability to access their account prior to the token being sent out and that token doesn't get redeemed, those people could be allowed.

The end of the day, picking one account prior to redemption or in the early stages of redemption process and that aaccount being one that no one else claims is theirs or gets redeemed is highly unlikely so in that situation I think it could be ok. I think if two people claim the same stake near the same time then no one should get it unless further proof is brought forward.

If people cannot prove anything, we would create the wrong incentives if we would allow anyone to just claim dumb stakes. This should be pretty simple, either they have something to show or it's a big NO.

what is the problem with signing a message (if used BTC) to prove it's the owner of that account or creating a token in NXT? then the link between the accounts and the txid would be automatic

what is the problem with signing a message (if used BTC) to prove it's the owner of that account or creating a token in NXT? then the link between the accounts and the txid would be automatic

Thats the problem. some of them cannot proof anything.

In normal justice, if you cant proof, you are arested, depending on what you did.

If people cannot prove anything, we would create the wrong incentives if we would allow anyone to just claim dumb stakes. This should be pretty simple, either they have something to show or it's a big NO.

I agree with xtester on this.

Since the beginning NEM was crystal clear that BTT account was the ONLY THING that would allow you to claim your stake, then NXT AE came. Like someone said in BTT, if the person isn't interested in NEM enough to follow it day-by-day or doesn't care about ensuring that his account is safe, it's their problem

I will vote for both. I'd like to share a story about my stake with you guys aswell.

I am an early investor. When I heard about NEM, I got really excited and wanted to be part of a New Economy Movement.
When I checked my BTT account after investing BTC, around 4 to 5 months later, my message was removed from the topic
where you had to send your trxID of the investment made.
When I send a message about this I had to make several printscreens of the message that I've got on BTT and
of the account where I've send my BTC from.

I did and they told me that I wouldn't be getting my stake, but I could get a refund.
Offcourse I don't want a refund as I'm an early investor and want to be part of the NEM movement.
Especially when my investment became worth more money.

The reason why I was removed, was that I've send my BTC from an exchange, something that wasn't
allowed and I've misread.
There will be a lot of unclaimed stakes as well as accounts which are discussed in this topic,
with all the proof of my made investment I hope everybody thinks it's right to have a vote for my
stake.

I would be very grateful, in the end I made an investment which could build this movement we are
all trying to create here. Please let's not make this technicality a reason to handle an early investor with a refund.

Warm regards

I had my Nxt token sent to the wrong Acct.

It is still sitting there. When the Tokens are worthless on the asset exchange and it was never moved, I don't see why anyone would vote for me not to get my stake.

I have a copy of the PM that I sent to get the token. I put the wrong acct number on the PM. Yes, this was my mistake but I made it aware to Pat a long time ago and the token has not moved since.

If I can prove that I am not scamming and prove that I never sold the token and prove that it is locked in a account and can no longer be redeemed or sold, why can't I get my stake the regular way, since I can prove that I never did anything with the "token" that was supposed to represent my stake?

It is obviously mine. I never used the token. There is no way for me to use the token. So there is no reason not to give me the stake the regular way since the token was never used.

THANK YOU who voted not to take my stake away. I have been waiting to get it many many months.

I thought that it would be more secure on the Nxt exchange, but I screwed up the password.
I had never used Nxt before and I have only used to accts where if you type in the wrong password it says "error".
I understand now that it just makes you a new account.

The fact is that I can prove that it's my token. No one is disputing that.

I can prove it is still locked in my Nxt account once that it becomes invalid.

So, do I really have to have the ability to send it back to be destroyed? when it is worthless anyway at that point.

I made a BIG mistake and it was my fault.

I just want to thank those in the community for standing up for me and helping me get my stake. I just wish everybody understood that there is no way for me to be scamming another stake here. I hope everyone just understands that.

It is still sitting there. When the Tokens are worthless on the asset exchange and it was never moved, I don't see why anyone would vote for me not to get my stake.

I have a copy of the PM that I sent to get the token. I put the wrong acct number on the PM. Yes, this was my mistake but I made it aware to Pat a long time ago and the token has not moved since.

If I can prove that I am not scamming and prove that I never sold the token and prove that it is locked in a account and can no longer be redeemed or sold, why can't I get my stake the regular way, since I can prove that I never did anything with the "token" that was supposed to represent my stake?

It is obviously mine. I never used the token. There is no way for me to use the token. So there is no reason not to give me the stake the regular way since the token was never used.

THANK YOU who voted not to take my stake away. I have been waiting to get it many many months.

I thought that it would be more secure on the Nxt exchange, but I screwed up the password.
I had never used Nxt before and I have only used to accts where if you type in the wrong password it says "error".

So, do I really have to have the ability to send it back to be destroyed? when it is worthless anyway at that point.

I just want to thank those in the community for standing up for me and helping me get my stake. I just wish everybody understood that there is no way for me to be scamming another stake here. I hope everyone just understands that.

What was the problem with your nxt account and passphrase? Because, as you say, your nemstake is lost, if you PM me detailed story about not accessing your account with wrong passphrase, I can try to play with your passphrase. I helped few nxters to recoup access to their account, when they made some mistakes with passphrase.

What was the problem with your nxt account and passphrase? Because, as you say, your nemstake is lost, if you PM me detailed story about not accessing your account with wrong passphrase, I can try to play with your passphrase. I helped few nxters to recoup access to their account, when they made some mistakes with passphrase.

It is the original multiple word pass phrase they automatically give you when you set up the account. I have spent about 10 minutes a day retyping it in with every way possible for months.

It was my first time using Nxt and when I made an error typing in the password I didn't realize it and then I sent the wrong Acct number to have the token sent to.

Then when I logged in to see if it was there it wasn't.

Then I checked the acct number and compared it to the one I sent in to have the token sent to, I realized it was the wrong one.

I just can't see why people would vote for me to lose my stake, when I can prove it's mine. That account number that was sent in was sent by me, and the token is locked in there.

Once the token is worthless, I just don't see why people wouldn't want me to get my stake since my token was never moved or sold.

What would be the reason to stop me from claiming my stake the regular way?

Everybody that has left an explanation as to why they voted not to give me my stake, seems to think that there is some way for me to be scamming a second one, and that would be impossible. 

I retyped NXT passwords too and got the wrong account.  I can understand how this can happen. 

Because I ran into this problem, I have to check like three times that I can type it right.

I retyped NXT passwords too and got the wrong account.  I can understand how this can happen. 

Because I ran into this problem, I have to check like three times that I can type it right.

Yeah,

I hope some of the people will switch their votes and others will come join the vote and help. I just don't  understand how anyone would support me losing my stake over this. ???

It is the original multiple word pass phrase they automatically give you when you set up the account. I have spent about 10 minutes a day retyping it in with every way possible for months.

It was my first time using Nxt and when I made an error typing in the password I didn't realize it and then I sent the wrong Acct number to have the token sent to.

Then I checked the acct number and compared it to the one I sent in to have the token sent to, I realized it was the wrong one.

I just can't see why people would vote for me to lose my stake, when I can prove it's mine. That account number that was sent in was sent by me, and the token is locked in there.

Once the token is worthless, I just don't see why people wouldn't want me to get my stake since my token was never moved or sold.

Everybody that has left an explanation as to why they voted not to give me my stake, seems to think that there is some way for me to be scamming a second one, and that would be impossible.

Exactly the same happened to me.  Just don't have fluent enough english to explain it. Random number account and mixed up with my own. The evil account wasn't a valid one, only 17 digit which we could never login again.

And people are still wondering why a brainwallet just sucks.

PM me your original passphrase and account No where nemstake is locked. Also describe in PM, how did you enter passphrase (copy paste, by typing it, are you using other than english, us kayboard layout, etc.). As I said, I can play with your passphrase, as I had success with other people problems for accessing right account. In any case, your nemstake is locked for ages. Now there is only nice fairy tale, that you can't access your account. Just it seems personally for me, no offence :)

The reason why I think a vote is unfair for the people who have lost their BTT account is because people who vote against the reimbursement have something to GAIN when they vote for neither. After all, those people might only act out of self-interest keeping in mind that those NEM stakes probably will get redistributed into the NEM economy and into THEIR wallets.

This puts an incentive on voting AGAINST reimbursement, leaving the already duped in an even more negative position.

Therefore the vote will always be biased and can not result in a fair outcome for the people who lost their stake.

Exactly the same happened to me.  Just don't have fluent enough english to explain it. Random number account and mixed up with my own. The evil account wasn't a valid one, only 17 digit which we could never login again.

And people are still wondering why a brainwallet just sucks.

You mean "people are still wondering why a brainwallet doesn't suck"?

PM me your original passphrase and account No where nemstake is locked. Also describe in PM, how did you enter passphrase (copy paste, by typing it, are you using other than english, us kayboard layout, etc.). As I said, I can play with your passphrase, as I had success with other people problems for accessing right account. In any case, your nemstake is locked for ages. Now there is only nice fairy tale, that you can't access your account. Just it seems personally for me, no offence :)

Well, our problem here is that we actually don't have a passphrase to give, just misused the brainwallet gived account with our own.
Just NXT account No, and nothing to do about it.
If you can get something useful on that, please send help  :P

What do you mean

just misused the brainwallet gived account with our own.

?

You must have entered something.

Well, our problem here is that we actually don't have a passphrase to give, just misused the brainwallet gived account with our own.

What do you mean

?

I believe he was trying to say that he sent the token to some account that belonged to someone else. That may be dangerous because that someone may just lay claim to it.

What do you mean

?

I believe he was trying to say that he sent the token to some account that belonged to someone else. That may be dangerous because that someone may just lay claim to it.

Sorry I was busy working and helping my collegues.
Now I can give  this account information to ensure no one would claim my NEM token.
The information I originally sent was:
"
I'm sorry, but did I miss the chance to get one NEM token?
I want one if I still get the chance
NXT Account:  26641360721550350
Thanks!
"

Maybe you want to write that in chinese so that someone hopefully can translate what you are trying to say. Hard to understand what you are trying to say here.