[VOTE NOW CLOSED - GreeOx] - World's First Decentralized Indoor Farm

Thank you for the support. We seek all NEMembers continued support to this clearest real-world applications of NEM blockchain.
https://t.me/joinchat/HWPwcQ12-z5nEl88Fw2VBA

Kia ora team @Greeox2050

The future of farming is a massive field and I love that you guys are using vertical farming. I would like to see more detail on the use of the NEM blockchain for this project.

Looking at your Milestones - #1 & #2

a) Could you please elaborate on how a “foundation” will integrate with GreeOx and its current business structure
b) I would like to think you have surveyed and could provide data on how many people would like to buy a GreeOx container seeing the business has been around for 4 years? How many have you sold to date? How many orders do you have? Can I buy one now?
c) All 4x points in Milestone 2 should already be clearly defined in your proposal before it goes to vote and I therefore see this as not required for funding.
d) some more schematics of how the tokenisation of each container would be great for the rest of the community to understand how NEM will work with GreeOx

I look forward to seeing you and the team create a solid proposal for vote :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Alex

The goal is to provide a decentralized foundation that is autonomous which will grant and provide financial distribution and GroBinn placement decisions based on the owners of the GROX token holders. The data collected over the past four years at GreeOx are regionalized and localized, primarily in Vietnam, Czech, and parts of the U.S. GroBinn containers are readily available under our B2I business model as we transition from our brick and mortar to a decentralized blockchain platform. We are continuously refining our milestones to ensure it best fits the community, as agriculture is one of the oldest market segments that has the most active layers on the physical chain. Stay tuned as our Marketing group is continuously adding more media visuals to display the tokenization of our GreeOx containers.

1 Like

Hi GodTanu -

1. We have not fully finalized the details of the ICO
  2. We intend to complete NEM integration into our services/product first
  3. We continue to build partners and support globally
  4. If and when ready, we work on ICO at a later date [With full details then]. We have fully intention to give a big thanks/respect/honor to the NEM community who help us succeed
1 Like

It’s pretty clear that the ICO is an inevitable part of this project, but the guidelines allows to ask for funds before launching an ICO.
Instead of real state ICO, this is a Container ownership ICO. Some ICOS are tokenizing properties so you can buy a % of token that represents a property. Then the company can sell or rent that property so the token holders can get some profit depends how much tokens they own. (This is 100% security token case)
I’m ok with this kind of ICOs but here you want to create the blockchain system before the launch the ICO using nem features such as apostille, mosaic, messaging, name domain or multisig).
So I think the feedback has to be related to the milestones and use of NEM and no about the ICO.

4 Likes

GreeOx CEO John Tran on Latin America media.

Sorry, I will vote against this proposal.
In my opinion it won’t bring any additional value for NEM, it looks like you guys want to create a project using NEM community fund yet you don’t even started research. This is not a way of building products and having a PoC in point 3 is just something unreal. NEM had one working project in the same use case area (ecoBit) and they haven’t put the best light on NEM. I don’t think it will bring more value to NEM in current shape so I will be against it untill you make some changes in the proposal.

2 Likes

While we value everyone’s opinion, it’s nearly impossible to satisfy everyone’s goal. There has been 4+ years in R&D and real-world application usage with revenue structure through deployments to distributers, grocers, and even consumers. The bulk of the NEM funding proposal is for the blockchain development as stated in the Usage Case for Blockchain Technology. To avoid repeating much of what has been articulated, we look forward to utilizing NEM’s support as we continue to refine the process, as a project of this scale has never been done before successfully and it is our goal to change that. While ecoBit may have reflected poorly on NEM, we do not judge others failures. However, we appreciate you bringing this use case to our attention and it’s in our best interest to study and learn from their mistakes. Again, we look forward to more constructive criticism so we can ensure the correct funding is applied to further the development and then rewarded back to the NEM community.

HOTTABLE MEDIA WAS HERE.
IN CONVERSATION WITH JOHN TRAN ABOUT SUSTAINABLE FARMING!

A) The philosophy of our business stems from what I pursued as a need for my own family, which subsequently turned into passion & finally born as a Company with a manifesto to make a difference to everyone’s life. The revenue model is an egalitarian system where the fractional ownership is the game changer. So to keep the core of democratization & transparent operation, the foundation lends stronger credibility. It underpins our philosophy, clearly. Furthermore, the foundation helps facilitates education support & investing in research for expanding the farming ecosystem. The Company Greeox would cease to operate in its current form because blockchain technology makes it self operational & self-sustaining with its crypto currency being held by the owners themselves. They predictably would belong to the urban farming community who have a global reach & standing. This is hence envisaged to become a global network of partners, urban farmers, customers, and investors who collaborate to operate an indoor farming infrastructure worldwide.
B) Our container farm (Grobinn) is in high demand by groceries, schools, resorts, consumers, companies, and governments. They can either buy the whole container for their own use or request for the community to manage it for them. You can buy one now and run it anywhere, and since we will be offering tokens - we can convert dollar for dollar conversion into GROX tokens. Also, to explain our business model further - community members could buy into our GROX tokens to build more farms and the foundation will help place the container at your location to further expand produce requirements.
C) The community has been asking us to provide deeper and clearer NEM tech integration for these milestones. We will update the milestones with more in-depth information immediately.
D As stated above, Greeox will update technical details in the coming days.

1 Like

GREEOX CEO IN CONVERSATION WITH JOHN, TAMER & DEM ABOUT GREEOX ON NEM BLOCKCHAIN

Speaks about his vision on the future of farming and how decentralisation will scale the agricultural industry to new heights utilising the NEM blockchain. GreeOx’s indoor farming solution and passion to help the farming industry around the world is something that will prove to be a complete game changer not only to organic food but also sustainable farming.

1 Like

Simple doubt. What do you do when insects enter the container?
Are not you exterminating?
Insects enter when you open the door, right?

In Japan, there are already companies that grow vegetables at the factory, but the vegetables are expensive.
I do not think that it will be profitable with containers.

1 Like

I have worked around and in and still do work in shipping containers daily.
Personally I cannot see them holding any biomass at all of any value what so ever.
Even a 40 footer would yield a very small amount.
I have to admit it is an interesting project though, yet I still cannot grab the jist of it.

1 Like

Although we have designed our growing area with carefully calculated insulation techniques, there might be some pests entering the growing area.

We have been very successful in keeping pests like aphids and thrips under control by bringing in a natural predator to these pests: Ladybugs. This is the most common beneficial insects used and the best biocontrol that we use in our own farm.

Our plan is to build military-grade AI facial technology to identify where pests are and proactively managed potential large infestation of pests inside the growing room.

Japan is definitely the leading country of indoor farming and if we ask any indoor farming operator, we will all admit that the cost of production is higher than traditional outdoor agriculture. However, growing technologies have seen pricing decline over the years, which in turn will push down the cost of farm development in the near future. GreeOx have developed both container growing system as well as modular system designed for warehouses and factories. The economics in operating container farm for our business model has been sustainable and profitable for owners based on the current pricing of vegetables/herbs in most international markets. We use every inch of the container to maximize productivity. We aim to cut out all middle-men to pass on the savings to customer. Our operating costs will be lean and streamlined through automation and robotics. No more long distance travels from farm to table. We have a very clear short-term and long-term strategies to deploy both container farms and modular farms concurrently to maximize output and minimize operating costs for all participating owners.

1 Like

COUNTDOWN 1

Only 6 days left to vote, community show your support by voting to bring the first NEM Farming project live in a neighbourhood near you!

To Vote YES: send 0 XEM to: NAFIFY-3TUP77-IUAPVK-ASM77D-JTEUIQ-ZSWJ7N-R2FX

To Vote NO: send 0 XEM to: NDLC37-MTOMKC-626V43-N3P63A-QL65EL-LUSYDL-Y6LP

1 Like

To put in simple, this GreeOx is investment package that is using NEM platform? Otherwise out there are many Investment package offer that 'promise" some return after some period of investment, the medium can be stock, gold commodity and also livestock or Farming harvest. Hmm imho there is nothing new, only using NEM platform.

Definitely a great point to clear up. We are currently operating two different growing systems, horizontal and vertical. In this 40 ft. shipping container we are able to grow stacked vertically that would be equivalent to a few acres of land. We will provide economic details (ROI’s) for container farming soon, expected immediately after the votes.

CEO, H. John Tran, in a long day discussion on agriculture technology, food security, and indoor farming with the Chairman of Ho Chi Minh City Nguyen Thanh Phong, Vice Chairman Tran Thanh Liem and the team of HCMC’s People Committee. We are pushing through with real food initiatives in Vietnam, to follow across Worldwide cities in a phase manner.

Tomorrow at 8AM VN time/ 1AM UTC: Join us for a Facebook Live where we’ll answer your questions about @greeox-nem-worlds-first-decentralized-indoor-farm: https://www.facebook.com/GreeOx/videos/1219883344809390/

3 questions/comments from today’s Facebook Live with GreeOx CEO.

"Eddie Dawson Ferreira: profits made in fiat is converted into GROX token by the foundation and then distributed to the community based on their market share. Block chain could definitely enable this because of its transparency, ensuring the community can individually monitor the performance of the farms.This however, relies heavily on the value of the GROX token - how will you ensure the value of the token will stay high enough for the operation to continue?"

"Thanh Le We also have a question from members of the community. What would be the running cost of a container? And how would we go about owning and runnjng this on a decentralised platform"

"David, in a nutshell, could you please give us an overview of how an indoor famring like GreeOx would benefit the growth and production of organic food being powered by blockchain tech?"

Click at http://bit.ly/Live-GreeOx-9May-2018 to see the answers and many more benefits to NEM and community at large why you should support by voting YES. http://bit.ly/greeox-whitepaper

To Vote YES: send 0 XEM to: NAFIFY-3TUP77-IUAPVK-ASM77D-JTEUIQ-ZSWJ7N-R2FX

To Vote NO: send 0 XEM to: NDLC37-MTOMKC-626V43-N3P63A-QL65EL-LUSYDL-Y6LP

Every single vote counts towards this incredible project.