[Vote Successful] Community Fund Proposal for RocketShoes - a NEM-powered digital asset platform for the future of education and work

Another update on the Vote!

I’m very happy to say that the vote is overwhelmingly in our favour, with 94% by POI. Amazing support, thank you everyone!

At 18% of the requirement for 3% community engagement, we are certainly closer to our goal but with a little over 4 days to go we need to get plenty more votes for it to count. The more people who know about the project the better, so feel free to share. We need your help! Tell people in the NEM community about the project and that if they haven’t had time to vote yet, please do so. Refer them to this thread to read the proposal and decide for themselves. Retweet our vote details, and join our Telegram. All the details are at the top of this thread. Thank you!!

We are asking for funding from NEM specifically because they have shown the most support for education out of all the blockchain communities.

If we were looking for just “money” we would most likely go with Dash or an ICO, or even go .gov funding, We are focused on education and community, that’s why we chose NEM.

Cheers :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Gordon!

We should collaborate in the future :slight_smile:

Cheers

I agree with the NEM approach with education, but at the same time you have an ICO/VC funds in the milestones.
Some of the feedback provided here is coming from NEM devs, so I guess they know better if its necessary or not develop a new Apostille or spend a big ammount of time/money to recreate something that is already done.
I can’t say anything about proximaX because is still in developing. I like your POC though, I believe blockchain is going to be useful for education institutions, and you guys can contribute to that, but still I think you need need to simplify more the idea to get a better understanding from the community.

3 Likes

Been busy. I see lots of hair splitting here. Not good for NEM. ProximaX was built on NEM and not on Ethereum. If it is to be castigated as a bastard, I should see no future in NEM.

As a community member, I certainly would not want this to happen.

1 Like

thanks for the feedback…

I actually see NEM as the way forward in terms of blockchain architecture and blockchain education because of the community and diversity of the tech (I try to be as blockchain agnostic as possible as well.)

I’ll take that on board though, we need to simplify our goals you think?

Cheers

Been busy. I see lots of hair splitting here. Not good for NEM. ProximaX was built on NEM and not on Ethereum. If it is to be castigated as a bastard, I should see no future in NEM.

This isn’t a matter of yes ProximaX or no, in fact, the storage solution fits in their problem. We agree here. But if NEM has already some working features that they can focus on and start creating a working product after getting the funds, why should they wait until you have the SDKs late this year? It’s on your roadmap. If there’s other roadmap, I don’t have it or at least I didn’t find it.

My recommendation was:

1. Use the current features NEM has to build a working product. Apostille + IPFS. Phase MVP
  2. When you have a working product, get the early bird adoption & feedback
  3. Migrate to ProximaX for better storage layer when required. Probably, Milestone: Content management.

As a community member, I want to see the adoption happen and create working products. As tech guy, I recommend based on previous experience and I gave my feedback to help projects and other community members have the required information to make better decisions.

This industry is hard, and there are projects failing because of the tech side taking not the best decisions. I suggest to take the path is more recommended to make a working project, so the company can focus on adoption instead of technical unknown yet problems (with the recommendation I did it will be technical issues, don’t get me wrong, this is not the panacea, just the path I think you will have less technical issues to start). When required, switch to ProximaX storage layer for more features.

I explain based on the current information we have available today.

You can

a) ignore my recommendations. Totally legit since I don’t know inside info, so maybe it doesn’t make sense what I said
b) consider it and focus on the business problem with applying the tech decisions with less risk based on working software today.

I’m analytical because I care about projects that build on NEM and I look for what it’s beneficial for the ecosystem.

Without taking in the tech side decisions, both are good and easier to develop compared to other blockchains, I think this project is beneficial for NEM as the usage makes sense to be built on NEM and I think you found the potential of NEM provides to a company :slight_smile:

My humble feedback.

3 Likes

One more question, cause I’m not sure I’ve seen answer to this anywhere.
Will the network providing storage be a private network?
If that’s the case, what will be kept in the public nem network?

1 Like

It seems that there is a level of opposition just because of a small misinformation about the version of ProximaX product. Let me try giving some clarity on this.

When we develop the MVP, we were using NEM NIS1 and IPFS. For the purposes of clarity, lets say this is the 1st version of ProximaX. The core storage concept of the first version was to extend the data that can be stored as part of the NEM Transaction. Basically its linking a IPFS data hash to a NEM Transaction. We then built a bunch of features that surrounds this idea including privacy controls, easy integration using REST API endpoints and a fully built SDK to ease the integration.

This is all available on NIS1 testnet, privatenet using either a public IPFS or a privatize IPFS (either hosted in our ProximaX environment boxes or if requested by the client, on their own premise).

The WP version is the second version which will be purest form of ProximaX with all the technology stack mentioned including the first version (storagee. This includes the storage (DFMS), consensus, catapult integration and the streaming/routing layer. If you are basing it only on the whitepaper then yes, the whitepaper version is not yet complete and is still under development but we do have first version that’s already working and can be used by interested companies like rocketshoes.

@gimre , we provide private hosting (either we host it in our servers or we provide the storage contributor node artifact to the companies and they host it locally) and its either connected to NIS1 testnet or privatenet. The data on the blockchain is just a reference hash with some metadata we built to give enhancement features such as simple searching and content validation.

2 Likes

When we develop the MVP, we were using NEM NIS1 and IPFS. For the purposes of clarity, lets say this is the 1st version of ProximaX.

I wasn’t clear at the beginning, it makes sense to me now! :slight_smile:

Thanks for clarifying @alvin-reyes

3 Likes

Hi all,

@gimre, @deleted_user_1, @alvin-reyes: thank you for the discussion above. We really appreciate your engagement with key issues in this project. For us, it feels like this is an important part of sorting through things and communicating our message clearly, because it’s easy for us to forget what we’ve already moved beyond in other discussions.

The NCF vote has to be undertaken on the basis of public discussion, and you have provided a lot of insights that have helped to raise the awareness of the community!

Just to add one thing to what Alvin said above – it has been explained to us that once the full ProximaX solution is available, it will actually be possible to deploy a public or private distributed file management system, and a public or private NEM blockchain. So any permutation is possible. Our end state goal is to offer a variety of solutions based on this for enterprise (B2B), as well as a public solution (B2C). Hope that makes sense, and again, this is all fairly new but it’s on the long range road map.

Which brings me back to a point raised by @Trikar_Blockchain above:

I just want to clarify, that’s not quite true as this is not in the NCF funded project milestones – it’s for the stage following that to go to scale. I hope that’s fairly clear in our documentation.

1 Like

Hi NEMbers,

An important update on the RocketShoes NEM Community Fund vote!

2 Minute Video update:

We’re down to the final 48 hours, and things have heated up a bit as we near the finish. At 5.30pm Melbourne time we had 93% YES votes, but then in the space of 20 minutes we had 31 large POI votes come in, which pushed that all the way back to 50/50! Even though we had 154 votes in our favour by then, those 31 extra No votes (to bring the total to 38) were enough to push the ratio back that far.

As NEMbers know that’s the way this race works – if someone with enough POI wants to make it tough, they can. The good news is that we can just as easily swing the vote back in our favour, with your help. But time is running out.

Thanks for your consideration.

1 Like

Hi NEMbers!

We are down to the final few hours in our NEM Community Fund Vote folks! As of this minute we are at 85% of our POI target for Yes! Just 8 hours and some change to go, and every vote counts! Thank you all for your support so far, it’s been awesome!!

To vote YES, send 0 XEM to:
NB3HZIQSQGD7ZV73JWPASLIENNUL2H6AQ5SCEGB6

To vote NO, send 0 XEM to:
NCJ3EFL6FVGO6LR7HPQQUKFCRPQHMGWDVN4S2NYH

All the best guys, looks like you’re nearly there!

1 Like

Congratulations we look forward to watching the project progress!!

1 Like

Yep, we did it!

Thank you to everyone for their input and for voting for us. We’ll build something awesome, and we’ll keep you informed every step of the way here. :rocket:

2 Likes

Congrats, looking forward to the future to see what the team will produce! Just keep the attitude where it is now, push through the hard times and you will deliver on your promises.

1 Like

Vote NOW on the RocketShoes Logo Design

RocketShoes is a nem-powered digital asset platform for the future of education and work, recently funded by the Nem Community Fund. As a member of the NEM Community we have decided to ask you which logo design you prefer!

You can vote using your NEM NanoWallet by finding the RocketShoes Logo Vote (24h), or simply send 0 XEM to one of the three options below:

Option A, send 0 XEM to:
NCR3AZ7XA43WZTYKTOUXR7I3USM5OL6PY2UWDBUV

Option B, send 0 XEM to:
NBBW4URNBQHQRIFKQJ4TOZDGH7NQ3PITLB5HKAGU

Option C, send 0 XEM to:
NDUFYYVXDEC7KTS65YYZO6EW7NY34BKJKHJ3RPVE

Both the POI and the number of votes in each category will be taken into account as a recommendation to RocketShoes of the preferred option.

1 Like

Went with A.

1 Like

@MattRiddle Congrats guys, and long live RocketShoesi
Voting C :slight_smile:

1 Like