Wallet warns Wrong QR type - NEM iPhone wallet

Hi , I’m new to the forum and I’m having a problem restoring My Address to my NEM iPhone wallet. Back in April of 2018, I installed the wallet and have not visited since. When I try to open the wallet, it acts like a new wallet. It accepts my login code, but when I try to add my address from the QR or saved address, I get the message Wrong QR code type. I tried deleting the current wallet and downloading a new one from the Apple Store and have the same issue. I hope that my coins are not lost. Can anyone please help? Thanks. Rudi

You probably have wrong QR. In wallet you have two types of it:

• address QR - containing only address - you can’t restore account using it
  • account QR - containing encrypted with password private key - you can restore account using it
1 Like

Seems that you are right. Is it still possible to find and print the correct QR? Or are my coins lost?

If you don’t have backup and the wallet is removed from the device then it’s not possible to export it now.

I do have a backup on ICloud of the original app. If I restore the original wallet, How would I export the key?

iCloud backup doesn’t contain by default keychain data (secured memory) which contains private key.
That’s why sometimes after restoring from it app crashes when exporting key.
But you can try:

When you restore and login you can export it by More -> Export account -> OK -> Show private key