What are the Freezing accounts?

Reading Catapult white paper on page 8 there is the following phrase:

In addition to the above, the existing functions and features already present in the current release of NEM, will be enhanced and ported across to the Catapult project. These include: Freezing accounts, Transaction reversal with full audit trail and accountability

The paper claims that these features already exist. But I have not seen anything related to these 2 features in NEM whitepaper. So what is a Freezing account? And how can I reverse a transaction?

Never heard about any of those. It’s probably either fancy names for mondane functionality/combination of such, or this is just incorrect.

I’d would also like some answer on that though.

Let’s page some people who would know:

@jabo38 @gimre @BloodyRookie

Could you please enlighten us :slight_smile:

I definitely want to freeze the account clearly making a hack.

Isn’t this features available only for private chains (not public)? If transaction could be reversed in public chain it will be very bad in my opinion. Who should decide?
In private chains it easier to make such a decisions.

1 Like

mijin is basically centralized and has administrators.
Such a function is considered compulsory.
I think that it is necessary to think variously in bringing it to NEM.

I’m not sure it will be good. First step it will be blocking (or reversing transactions) hacker accounts (looks interesting), next step people related with various criminals and so on.
It will be very bad for NEM in my opinion:

• only private key owner should do the transaction.
  • who should decide to reverse transaction or block account? big place for abuse.
  • such a mechanism could cause lost faith people in NEM system
  • the public chain is decentralized. When it will be possible to rollback transaction or block account XEM price drop immediately

But I agree that hackers are a big crypto problem.

I’m sorry. I am talking about mijin.
In NEM, its authority is fatal.
However, the hacking account deprives XEM, transfers it to another address several times, and finally changes it to anonymous currency rampant.
This is my blog which makes it very easy to deal with once accounts are frozen.
Personally I monitor the movement of hacker’s funds, but time is wasted.

So I am currently working mainly at making things stolen.
I will withhold procedures etc. here.

1 Like

That is in refernce to mijin implementation of catapult, which will be centralized. These features will not be in NEM.

1 Like