What happens after all of the coins are distributed?

Once all of the XEM coins are distributed, will the harvesting process stop? How will NEM continue to invest for the currency sake? Could I create a new unlimited coin using the NEM network?

How can I encourage people to support XEM and NEM if they have don’t have money to invest? How do I answer the “What’s in it for me?” question.

Thanks,

Harvesting comes from transaction fees, my basic understanding, so it has nothing to do with total supply, it has to do with usage of the network.
Cheers

Coins were distributed in 2015, harvesting doesn’t need new coins creation.
No inflation here.

You can create mosaics with mutable supply if you wish.

If you are a developer you can create your app using nem tech.

1 Like

Thank you for the response. I guess another way to ask, if I don’t have enough money to start harvesting, why should I donate my resources? With “all” other coins I get money and I don’t need to “vest”.

Nobody gets free money.
Lets just get that out of the way so we can understand resources and creation of resources.
With harvesting you do give money, yet harvesting costs no computer resources to yourself, other than downloading nano wallet and checking it every now and then.
To me harvesting is a nice little side benefit, some weeks you might harvest .5 xem, some weeks you might not harvest anything and some weeks you might get lucky and harvest 20 or 30 xem in one block.

You do not just plug in and get a lot of cash from harvesting especially around 10- 30k xem, any coin that guarantees large returns from dividends is a scam.
Crypto is a representation of real world transactions, it does not make money out of thin air, any coin that claims to do this is most probably a short lived endevour.

Reading this thread, I suddenly found out that I have way more gaps in my knowledge of crypto market, than I expected :slight_smile:
I would rather stick to rigel’s suggestion, because he actually knows the subject, IMO. I mean XEM and NEM network.
But according to NEM’s official website- https://nem.io/ this technology looks pretty good (in comparison with BTC). Also, found this article from Finder- https://www.finder.com/nem, which will probably dispel your doubts.