What is XEM's usage for regular people?

Hi all,

What is XEM’s usage for regular people?

I understand what NEM is and I do like the professional ring to it other than some shockingly bad sales pitches posted by a few people on this site (get rid of those!), but I would like some clarity on XEM.

XEM is stated on another website as doing the following (exact excerpt):

“As the time of writing this in September 2017, NEM and its XEM coin are still very much in the early phases of the platform. While NEM has been adopted by Mijin, XEM is only currently being used to pay other members of NEM and to pay transaction fees on the NEM platform.”

My conclusion:
XEM has only one single real life use for regular people…to pay the salaries of the employees at NEM.

If anybody knows any other use for it, please be extremely clear with your reply. I really hope there have been developments since this article was written. Maybe the author was misinformed.

Most people perusing this website will already know everything that NEM is trying to achieve, but I am specifically referring to XEM usage in real life by regular people.

Thanks

Actually there are a lot of articles and stuff about the (future)usage of NEM(XEM), just google a bit.

And btw, this “XEM is only currently being used to pay other members of NEM and to pay transaction fees on the NEM platform.” dosent mean this “XEM has only one single real life use for regular people…to pay the salaries of the employees at NEM”.

Im not sure if you understood correct what NEM is and which part XEM takes. I dont mean it badly, its just how i think about what you wrote.

Thanks for the reply. I do appreciate it.

Basically, it is easy to interpret information from bloggers/authors in either a positive or negative way. Please feel free to direct me to some of the references that cover the answer to my question. I find nothing when Googling unfortunately. I have only joined this discussion thread to get this question answered.

I have read a lot about the future usage of NEM, Mijin, Catapult, just to name a few topics within the realm of NEM. However, information is hard to find about the (future) usage of XEM by a regular small-time investor with less than 10,000 XEM.

Perhaps one sentence will answer the question. Anybody have an answer?

Thanks

I’ve been looking into this myself recently - I might just have another look at the whitepaper. If you come up with a trite simple statement then I’d be interested to hear it :slight_smile:

Hello 4qc,

I am still looking.

The frustration is that NEM has a massive future for private companies as far as all of the hype articles go. As for XEM, its utility to an average investor is never discussed.

I have too much respect for NEM to consider XEM to be a mere gambling trinket like 95% of all altcoins. However, maybe it is a trinket.

So, does anybody out there know if it is worth holding XEM? Are we talking US$5-10 per coin or what? I was saddened when it got hit with the hack. It would be higher in the rankings if it didn’t become subjected to such negative news. I do not want EOS ahead of NEM. There’s no reason to say this, but I did, and it felt good.