XEM not received to newly created Nem Wallet

I am new to this. I have a CoinSpot exchange account. I created a Nem Wallet, and tried transfer of 50 XEM to the Nem Wallet public key. CoinSpot transfer complete more than 36 hours ago. No XEM showing in Nem Wallet. What could have gone wrong? Thanks, Shane.

Generally, we will send money to the NEM’s address.
Although it is said that you sent money to the Public Key, which did you actually send money to?

Ex)
NEM Address: NDL5VM-MA3TS6-BYRNDG-CDC6CW-P2XQR4-VQ5JAF-2PAM
Public key: 5d641ee42e3237bb4f5043596badda3e7059850793893cccc812dcfc71ee63b6

Since I want to check the history in the block chain, can you tell me your NEM address?
Thank you.

First time trying to transfer XEM. Likely I don’t understand what I doing. Maybe I am not set up right for NEM. All I have done is downloaded NEM Wallet. My account on it has public address fa85158f668951f590231b7f5fb6af276f258c37ccb9c843ef2178426d00b2de
However, since doing transfer from my CoinSpot exchange account (which had an approved status) they have a couple of hours ago somehow canceled it from their end.

For future, can you tell me whether my sending to the Public address of my Nem Wallet account is correct process? Thanks, Shane.

In NEM deposit and withdraw basically do not use public key.
We will use the NEM address.

I usually have no problem as long as I take care of this only.
However, when sending to exchanges etc., many exchanges will ask you to fill in “message”.
If you forget to enter this, it becomes inquiries correspondence, and it is forfeited at a certain exchange.
It’s okay if you are careful only here.

Thanks

I have a bit more to learn. So when I send from exchange, I send to NEM Address: NDL5VM-MA3TS6-BYRNDG-CDC6CW-P2XQR4-VQ5JAF-2PAM
But how does the transfer then get to my Nem Wallet?
Thanks, Shane.

In NEM, the remittance method has been improved.
When sending from NEM to NEM address, remittance to an address without public key is possible.

Currently this address has no public key.
NDL5VM-MA3TS6-BYRNDG-CDC6CW-P2XQR4-VQ5JAF-2PAM

In order to issue a public key, it is necessary to remit money from this address once.

On some exchanges, they may not send money to NEM addresses that do not have a public key. This applies to Bittrex et al.

An address that does not have a public key may be an unused address.
For this reason, there is a possibility of a mistake in the destination input, so it seems that such measures are taking place.

Thanks

What can people do about this?!
I see lot of people having this problem by buying xem on litebit.eu
and then not be able to transfer it to their address as there is no public key available.

So they have 0 XEM but they need to make an outgoing transaction from that wallet to be able to receive XEM.

Here are some latest reference posts on that thread:

Is there a simple solution to this?!

The currency that became the predecessor of NEM had to first issue a public key.
NEM does not have to do it.
Some companies are forcing NEM to issue a public key.

If it is an NEM’s legitimate product, public key can be received regardless.

As a solution,
· Make money remittance from the exchange that will send money even if there is no public key.
· Have the remittance of 0.05 XEM from acquaintance.
And I will remit 0XEM to myself.
0.05 XEM is the commission at that time.

thanks

A post was merged into an existing topic: Exchange Support. Lost XEM at an exchange? Post here!

Hi I am having the same issue , and I have used my NEM address NAOFBP-NQ3N27-Z6NXTC-I6RFCH-VSABBF-B4BRM7-LT2C

@Russ944
Which exchange?

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz

@Russ944
Check if transaction exists in blockeplorer (explorer.ournem.com). If not contact with Cryptopia because for sure it’s problem on they side.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Exchange Support. Lost XEM at an exchange? Post here!