XEM SYM snapshot cycle

Hey Guys,

this is my first crypto airdrop since years, so i am relatively new. I have a few question about the Snapshot situation.

For example:

Let’s say the price will raise up to 3$ until the snapshot started which will be at March 13th around 11:00 UTC. Could i sell all my XEM at 11:01 UTC and get all my SYMs afterwards? I mean is that even possible? ^^

Or am i thinking completely in the wrong direction ?

best regards

3 Likes

Hi, yes, if you sell your XEMs after snapshot, you will still receive XYMs. But you really need to sell XEMs after snapshot and not before :).

4 Likes

thank you very much

1 Like

According to the team, there will be no stoppage for trading. Binance claims the same. After the snapshot, you are free to do whatever you want with your Xem. But it makes sense to hold it until Xym is fully credited to your wallet.

1 Like

Please note that the snapshot block could be rolled back. If you sell immediately without waiting for the rollback limit and a rollback happens, it’s possible the transactions could get reordered and you’d receive zero XYM. Depending on your risk tolerance, you’ll need to decide how many confirmations you’re comfortable waiting. The snapshot is not considered final until it passes the rollback limit.

8 Likes

The arrival of our XYM
With Mainnet Launch( 3 days after snapshot)? or
(March 12 at approximately 00.50 UTC) with the snapshot?

1 Like

How does it work for exchanges?
They have a NEM wallet, opt-in and will the receive the total amount and then redistribute it?

1 Like

How can I confirm the finality of the snapshot block?

2 Likes

Well, for previous planned date 14.01., Binance intended to stop trading XEM during snapshot for several hours at least (this is not info for this time, just an example):

1 Like

Yes, in general, but some exchanges will not support airdrop of XYM (I know Bittrex didn’t announce support for previous date of snapshot), so you have to check with your exchange.

Reasonable remark.
Maybe Binance’s support received a tool from Nem’s support that will allow not to restrict the trading activity of Binance users.
At this time, we have such information.

2 Likes

Interesting is: Poloniex (which also announced support of previously planned airdrop) planned to stop trading several hours later, from 10AM, so choice of exchange might pay an role, at least for those who intend to sell quickly

1 Like

If Airdroper wants to “get and sell”, he will still find a way to do it as quickly as possible - do not focus on this issue :expressionless:
“Everything that they sell out We will buy …” © :shushing_face:

1 Like

Hello. I am confused about procedure i have XEM >100 at Binance but i don’t know what will happen after snapshot. Which wallet i take my XYM . Should i complete drop-in procedure please help

Binance will take a snapshot of your balance at snapshot time, the snapshot time can be seen on symbolcountdown.com . You will receive XYM in your Binance wallet as long as you hold xem in your Binance wallet at snapshot time.

Does the rollback limit be 360 blocks or something like that?

So around 6h after snapshot and then you will be sure to receive XYM.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.