Xem - xym - binance

I’m struggeling to figure out how to find the “private key” i’m supposed to add in the Symbol wallet app.
I have XEM in my wallet on binance, but i want to figure out how i can qualify for the XEM to XYM “promotion”

Do i need to transfer my crypto from binance to somewhere else?

I’ll apprecaite all help :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m not an expert and please correct me if I’m mistaken, but as far as I know, the snapshot has been delayed probably until at least the end of February, and it’s not certain yet. But I would rather transfer them to my NEM Wallet and opt-in via the app, then wait until further announcements

So i should transfer from binance to nem wallet, and transfer them from the nem wallet to the new symbol wallet?

The snapshot seems to be delayed, as they still offer the XEM to XYM on their website. I’m just trying to figure out how to qualify

Thank you for the help!

Binance is supporting the airdrop of XYM and announced it already. So you are safu for participing in xem airdrop when it finally take place on binance.

1 Like

You dont need to do anything as binance wallet is opted in.

1 Like

Ok great, so in other words, i can just have to XEM on my wallet, without doing anything yet? :slight_smile:

1 Like

tolya is correct in that Binance have announced support of the airdrop and they will automatically opt in to receive XYM on your behalf, in your account.
I have a Binance account. I also have an iOS NEM Wallet and an iOS Symbol wallet on my iphone. I have connected the two and my XEM balance in the NEM wallet is succesfully connected to the Symbol wallet and i have opted in for the airdrop.
I dont have the desktop wallet but may download that before airdrop. To be honest though… the easiest thing at the moment will probably be to leave my XEM balance on Binance and trust it to the professionals to take care of everything :grinning:

Does anyone know how soon Binance are likely to support trading of XYM after launch?

Ok, that sounds good. I’ll just keep all my XEM on binance, and pray that it’s sorted that way. Do i have to connect my accouts for it to “activate” the airdrop? Sorry for alot of dumb questions…

Hi,

You dont need to do anything on Binance.

• We will take a snapshot of XEM tokens held by Binance users at the above time, and will distribute XYM tokens at a ratio of 1 XEM = 1 XYM.
  • Deposits and withdrawals will be reopened after the snapshot has been completed.
  • Please note that trading of XEM will not be affected during the airdrop.

More info on that page (date is not correct): Binance Will Support the Symbol (XYM) Airdrop Program for NEM (XEM) Holders | Binance Support

1 Like

I notice that on the Binance page it says they will take a snapshot at 2021/01/14 04:00 AM (UTC).

Do you think that is still correct given the delays that have occurred?

The NEM community had voted to postpone the initial snapshot time for the Symbol (XYM) airdrop program for XEM holders in accordance with the delay of the Symbol (XYM) network launch date. A further announcement regarding the revised snapshot timing will be made once an update has been provided by NEM.

Check that page: Update to the Symbol (XYM) Airdrop Program for NEM (XEM) Holders | Binance Support

1 Like

Thank you CiciTrader.

Thank you for the explanation Cici!
I will just hold my XEM in my binance wallet, and wait for the XYM.

Thank you again, and have a good day.

have you backed up your private keys passwords and account from the mobile phones?!

have you backed up your private keys passwords and account from the mobile phones?!

Yes

1 Like

Is it too late to buy xem on binance now to receive xym?

block height of 3,025,200 or approximately 2021/01/14 11:07 AM (UTC)

After reading this I’m assuming so but I’m finding it hard to get a clear answer with the snapshot not happening yet

The snapshot will happen in 10 days and few hours: https://symbolcountdown.com/

Is the Binance opt-in still good? There has not been any new information about that. The latest info still states the old opt-in date of 14th of January.

Raise a support call with Binance, they should be able to confirm. As per previous post the snapshot is occurring on 12th March. To receive XYM the XEM need to be present in your NEM wallet at the snapshot block height and you opted in. With Binance it’s best to check with them it’s probably just the date hasn’t been updated on their website

CiCiTrader, what you are saying is that Binance have not completed the snapshot for XEM?