You are not using the correct Symbol Ledger account

hello,

I am running into an issue accessing my XYM wallet on the Ledger. I created a new profile using the Ledger in the Symbol wallet desktop application and successfully transferred the airdropped XYM to the new ledger wallet. Now the Symbol wallet is showing me an error “You are not using the Correct Symbol Ledger account.”. The address being displayed on the Ledger is not the same address shown in the Symbol wallet.

If I attempt to create a new profile using the Ledger I do not see the address containing my XYM balance.

Please advise.

Logout and recreate profile.

Thank you for your reply but I do not think you clearly read my initial post.

"I created a new profile using the Ledger in the Symbol wallet desktop application and successfully transferred the airdropped XYM to the new ledger wallet. "

and

“If I attempt to create a new profile using the Ledger I do not see the address containing my XYM balance.”

I created a Ledger wallet and transferred the XYM to the Ledger wallet. I then updated the Ledger XYM wallet app on the Ledger to the latest version. Now the Ledger shows a different XYM wallet address.

I believe my issue is caused by what is stated on this page,

"Ledger Users

A new version of the ledger app will be released shortly (version 0.0.9), it contains the same fix as above, in the meant time your will be able to import your opt in accounnt. But you should not add any accounts to the profile, if you do they will use an incorrect path and probably cause you issues later.

There is no problem logging in to check you balances, just don’t add the extra accounts until the new version is published (I will update this announcement).

HD Wallet Issue Explanation

An issue was identified with the HD Wallet library which was causing problems importing the mnemonic reliably. The exact details are a bit involved for an easy forum post, basically it had default set that it shouldn’t have had, the effect of that meant some keys wouldn’t work as expected.

"

Ok. Now I got it. Well yeah, it’s some issue if you did that.
You can solve it at least in one way like importing Ledger mnemonic into old wallet (0.14) and exporting private key for this account where you transfer coins.
Of course, you should move funds and change the mnemonic on Ledger after doing that (because you imported it outside Ledger).

You can ping me on Telegram and will guide you if you have doubts how to do that (@cryptoBeliever)

Ah, I got it. Thank you.

How does the 25th word work with the Symbol wallet? My Ledger uses the 24 word mnemonic with a 25th word.

Oh. I you using an additional passphrase I think we need to use a separate tool to generate this private key (you will be unable to generate key by importing 24 words as regular wallet because you have 25)
I can ask devs

Ok. Please ask and let me know. Thank you.

Ping me with your addresses.

Unfortunately I do not use Telegram.

There are private messages here.

i am facing a similar issue as i receive the same message when i try "show on ledger " button.
When i puss "approve " on ledger says that i am using the wrong ledger account.
I guess this is the reason i cannot harvest too.
What is the solution? Should i create a new account inside the Symbol wallet and link it to ledger?

You should logout and create a new profile from scratch.

Thank you CryptoBeliever , it worked like a charm! :slight_smile:

I messaged you on Telegram.

1 Like