Anybody with low power computer (or even single board computer) running NIS/NCC?

[code]#!/bin/bash

cd nis
java -Xms512M -Xmx1G -cp ".:./*:../libs/*" org.nem.core.deploy.CommonStarter
cd -[/code]
to
[code]
#!/bin/bash

cd nis
java -Xms512M -Xmx768M -cp ".:./*:../libs/*" org.nem.core.deploy.CommonStarter
cd -[/code]
and then start NIS again.

Otherwise it will happen that NIS takes 1 GB RAM, but your system also needs a little bit, so that can't work.

Things are looking better. Top is showing 90% memory utilisation for NIS. Will see what happens overnight, but impression is a more responsive machine.

KC

Two days and six hours since system start (http://nembex.nem.ninja/#nodes) and the KingPi still appears to be responsive, memory utilisation for Java is now >90% so will see how things go from now on.

NIS version 0.5.16-BETA @ block 45765

KC

Some Cubie board 3 stats…

- NIS (with default mem settings: 1G max) and NCC running
- Local harvesting running
- no spam bot running

30 minutes time window (2015/03/06 13:06:35 UTC - 13:36:35 UTC; block 46670-46693)

Status bar is showing:
synced: 16 minutes 59 seconds
synchronizing: 6 minutes 6 seconds
retrieving info: 3 minutes 12 seconds
not available: 3 minutes 52 seconds

zero :wink:
Cubie board 3 has 2 GB RAM.

I would say less than 5 Watts, but I didnt measure. So yes, possible, but depends on your solar system. A battery buffer is needed for sure (but I guess thats clear).

I
  • Local harvesting running
    - no spam bot running

NIS (with default mem settings: 1G max) and NCC running
    30 minutes time window (2015/03/06 13:06:35 UTC - 13:36:35 UTC; block 46670-46693)
    -> 1037 transactions in this time

Status bar is showing:
    synced: 16 minutes 59 seconds
    synchronizing: 6 minutes 6 seconds
    retrieving info: 3 minutes 12 seconds
    not available: 3 minutes 52 seconds

NIS (with custom mem setting: 1280M max) and NCC running
    30 minutes time window (2015/03/07 15:14:35 UTC - 15:44:35 UTC; block 48215-48247)
    -> 2780 transactions in this time

Status bar is showing:
    synced: 20 minutes 50 seconds
    synchronizing: 5 minutes 10 seconds
    retrieving info: 2 minutes 7 seconds
    not available: 1 minutes 52 seconds

This shows clearly that it helps a lot if NIS gets 1280M instead of 1G. Edit the nix.runNis.sh like this:
    #!/bin/bash<br /><br />cd nis<br />java -Xms512M -Xmx1280M -cp &quot;.:./*:../libs/*&quot; org.nem.core.deploy.CommonStarter<br />cd -

Of course this is only possible if your machine has more than 1 GB RAM (cubie board 3 has 2 GB).

@mixmaster

ODROID-XU3 Lite, Cortex A15 & A7

5 V-/4 A
CPU: SAMSUNG Exynos 5422, Cortex-A15 & Cortex-A7 big.LITTLE
RAM: 2 GB LPDDR3 RAM
Grafik: Mali-T628 MP6 (OpenGL ES 3.0/2.0/1.1 & OpenCL 1.1 Full profile)
HDMI: Micro-HDMI (FullHD, 1920x1080)
Audio: Audio codec, HDMI Digital-Out, Headphone 3,5 mm Klinke
USB: 4x USB 2.0, 1x USB 3.0, 1x USB 3.0 OTG
LAN (10/100 Mbps)
Memory:microSD, eMMC 5.0
30-Pin (GPIO, IRQ, SPI, ADC)
94x70x18 mm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- 24 / 7
- Local harvesting some weeks, now Remote harvesting -  ~1 Day
- no spam bot running
- Memory 1.7 GiB (88.8 %) of 1.9 GiB (2GiB)  ::)                              I hope it is enough at the moment.
- Swap (Linux System) not available (I will change this)
- Community Client - Mozilla Firefox

Samsung Exynos5422 Cortex

I tested the raspberry Model B and Cubieboard 2, but the odroid is the
only one to work properly at the moment.
He have more power supply, RAM and CPU. The disadvantage is the price and
the operating system without a swapfile.The windowmanager is openbox-lxde.
The operating updates work properly at the running system. I rebooted the system
normaly for a new version of NEM or a specific Update.

On board is a small cooler(removable). He works circa 10 second per minute and sometimes per 30 second

Yes, it should definitely be enough.

Can't you get a better housing for the board? Shouldnt be a problem…?

Certainly not but I have not enough time at the moment to do this.  :frowning:

screenshot system monitor

Looks good.

About memory usage: I think linux tries to get as much in the cache as possible, so there is nothing "free", but whenever something is needed the "cached" stuff will be dropped and can be used for needed data. Not sure how system-monitor displays this…

Anyway, odroid is looking pretty fast. Do you have numbers for power consumption?

Expensive but looks cool

http://www.flickr.com/photos/115713021@N02/16055266251/

https://twitter.com/bigboardsio

I run in vps service, 1GB RAM and 30 of HDD for $ 19 / year  :D

19 A YEAR?! - WOW,  :o did you noticed any problems with availability? (I mean random reboots and so on)

That is pretty good. I have a few for $15 a year with 512M and 256M swap. Unfortunately they do not do well. Both the memory and swap fills up and the file system eventually gets corrupted

No problem for availability. NEM is running nicely in it, together with NODE and NHZ.
They are a 99.9% uptime, 1 down in 2 or 3 months.
The support is fast.

PS. They have sent me a promotion of 12/anually

Exclusive tip for this topic. ;)

[code]http://mandrillapp.com/track/click/30010984/core.weloveservers.net?p=eyJzIjoiM2gxTGxBTXR6cER5NS1MS0IyZE15enhYVlFZIiwidiI6MSwicCI6IntcInVcIjozMDAxMDk4NCxcInZcIjoxLFwidXJsXCI6XCJodHRwczpcXFwvXFxcL2NvcmUud2Vsb3Zlc2VydmVycy5uZXRcXFwvY2FydC5waHA_YT1hZGQmcGlkPTE5M1wiLFwiaWRcIjpcIjM2N2UyODZjYzQ2ZjRiOWM4MTc3OWM1MTVkMWFjNjg3XCIsXCJ1cmxfaWRzXCI6W1wiNWU1MjJlZjM2M2E3MWZhMWNjNWQ1YWI1ZWZhMWZiNWJkNTI2ZTA5MlwiXX0ifQ[/code]

Do you think the raspberry pi 2 can handle NIS without problems? And can someone direct me to a guide on how to setup NIS on a vps or linux computer?

Do you think the raspberry pi 2 can handle NIS without problems? And can someone direct me to a guide on how to setup NIS on a vps or linux computer?

Pi 2 should handle it like a boss. You may run into problems in the future when the blockchain starts to grow.

Checkout the Guides & Tutorials section..plenty of stuff there :)

It works for sure, yes. You might talk to sheld0r here on the forum, he is running a Rasp Pi 2.

Hello,
after a lot of problems with my Cubietruck with previous beta versions i stop try, I'll try now after launch.

I remenmber you that i want run on my Cubie NXT and NEM at the same time. Is it possible now? With previous version i can run on Cubie only NXT and NIS, while NCC from my pc.

NXT use abou 350-400 Mb.

Sorry for may bad english  :smiley:

Important: NCC should always run on the computer, where you also open the browser (GUI).

I have NIS on my cubietruck and I don't really have problems…