Branding Proposal

When will my question be answered?

I felt it was very dishonest to have no answer during the voting period.

Dishonest behavior detracts from brand value.

1 Like

Sorry your question got lost between timing and past updates. Please don’t assume the worst and accuse the team of being dishonest. There really was a time period between holiday break and new year where people were off (we posted about it in a Brand update before holidays.) The good news is that this was answered in the latest brand update a few days ago. Catapult Brand Update #9 The short answer is usage around the trademark policy will be specified in the final Guidelines (due end Jan). Until then, we wanted to share with community that the trademarks will be open to our community but will also need to be followed so the brand is not misused, used to deceive or mislead others. More details will be forthcoming on this.

4 Likes

Thank you for your reply.

Thanks to you, I understand the trademark policy.

What about the other question?

I have one more question.

I understand that the last poll was a “voting with no enforceable results”.

So, the name “symbol” was decided by the branding team with reference to the voting results, right?

False reports of “passed by vote” are noticeable.

For example:

Finally, I do not want to burden you, the representative.

I hope your subordinates answer my questions.

Please tell me who is in charge of the branding team. I will ask that person.

I’m a lot frustrated, but I’m still assured that I’m rooting for you.

Thank you.

Hi there, let me answer what I can for you, but to note that Alexandra is the lead (Foundation) for the Brand Steering Committee. We hired an outside consulting firm that you can read about in earlier updates.
To say that the name was approved by a vote is not false. Support was well over 80% and mostly positive.
The ‘non-binding’ section of the poll is part of being a transparent organization.
Just as NEM Labs was supported by the community, but did not receive core support, so could the branding. We are thankful that they did support the name.
I’m not clear what you mean by policy vs. hope so I do hope you can clarify that a bit so that we can answer you more fully.

2 Likes

Wasn’t “XBL” one of the original choices? I thought that was the best option because A) it should be 3 characters because of how people speak it out loud. If people are used to saying “XRP” they can say “XBL”. I think “XEM” was hard to articulate because the X and the e sounds clash.

Are you guys happy with the preposition “from” in the proposed title of Symbol?
(“Symbol from NEM”)

I am not a mothertounge English speaker, but that from looks somewhat sub-optimal to me.

What about
by”?
Symbol by NEM

[ “by” indicates the creator of a work: Existing through the authorship etc. of.
There are many well-known plays by William Shakespeare ]
Source https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/by#Preposition

1 Like

I am not a mothertounge English speaker too, and I completely agree.

I don’t like “Symbol from NEM”, so I would not use that words.

However, I think the meaning and usage of the words “Symbol from NEM” is correct.

1 Like

‘Symbol by NEM’ sounds better to me as well.

But grammatically you can use either one …

1 Like

The proposition ’from’ is perfectly fit for this statement.
Like anything with branding/creative, it’s subjective and different people will have differing opinions.

1 Like

You are correct the the statement is more clear and correct for purpose.
Grammatically sound as well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

When will the official site appear at the top of google?
What is your marketing and SEO progress?

What are some of the results your marketing experts have produced?

5 Likes

They said they would use paid search ads but haven’t done so. The multilingual website launch is also behind schedule. One month until the planned launch date. I think it’s lazy. I am completely disappointed in the marketing team.

6 Likes

Multi language site will launch Monday, Nov 16th. SEO is coming along, but it takes some time.
Hope you will enjoy the multi language versions of the site when they launch.

1 Like

I’m not amateur, so that excuse won’t work for me.
Please do your work at a high level.

5 Likes

What are the numbers, both planned and actual, for the following items?

When do you need to be #1 on google?
How long do you spend on SEO for that?
When do you need to launch your website considering the SEO period?

What is the purpose and target of the website you are launching?
(Details. Not in the abstract, like “for branding purposes.”)

Do you think your branding is currently on track? Or is it not going well?

If things are not going well, what do you need to do now?

2 Likes

At the moment, the name is very inconvenient when searching.
I can’t get to the information I’m looking for.
I have given up searching.lol

Speaking of which, when I criticized the name Symbol, it was explained to me that
“Apple is Apple”.

I miss it very much. :joy:

3 Likes

So, I take your point that when you search for ‘Symbol’ we may not come up #1 - when you search for Symbol Platform, Symbol Blockchain and Symbol crypto, however we do.

The multi language sites will launch today and have the same target audiences as the English Symbol Platform site.

With new entities coming online (such as Software co.), the targets will change and branding will evolve.

I don’t have hard numbers for you but I will bring it to the higher up Marketing Team. There was an October metrics report in the recent newsletter that tracks engagement and numbers (both up and down) for all of our channels.

2 Likes

It’s funny.

2 Likes

What are you talking about?

貴方はいつも何を言ってるか分かりません。

1 Like