Bug: XEM nano wallet calculates fees incorrectly

I am still trying to figure out how NEM calculates transaction fees. It looks like no one knows how it works so I am looking how my NEM nano wallet does this.

So when I try to transfer 10000XEM, my wallet suggests 0.05 XEM as a fee. Documentation tells the it should be 1 XEM.

Documentation tells that to transfer 45000XEM I need to pay 4XEM fee, but wallet asks for 0.2XEM.
To transfer 500000XEM documentation asks for 25XEM, the wallet suggests 1.25XEM.

What is going on?

Hello @nem_curious
Documentation is not up to date :frowning:
In last fork fees was lowered by factor 20. This was because NEM price grow a lot.
https://nemflash.io/nem-beta-0-6-93-release-fee-fork/

@mizunashi could you or someone with access update documentation? I can do it but I need access and some instruction how do this. You can sent private message to me.

1 Like

Thank you very much for a reply.

This is not the first incorrect entry in the documentation. I hope nem developers will realize that without nice and up to date documentation there will be little adoption from the other developers.

1 Like

As developer not related with NEM core I must agree with you. Up-to-date documentation is very important.

About Fee calculation, I am doing debugging considerably over time.
It is both an NIS server formula and a NanoWallet formula.
Calculation of the mosaic should be no problem.

@BloodyRookie Is the latest formula written somewhere?

Thank you.