Cannot send NEM from Iphone

On the iphone 6s with the latest app, when I go to create a new contact, I keep on getting the same error ‘Info Couldnt create contact’ i cant manually enter it or cannot scan the QR. Basically i cant do anything with NEM and they are stuck on my phone. Please advice. Is there any email or phone number i can ring, I’m pretty sure this cant be fixed

Did you allow the app to access the contacts? If not, go into your settings and permit the app access to your contacts. Otherwise it won’t be able to create the contact.

Note: Deleting contacts from within the NEM app will also delete from your phone’s contacts.

no it was turned off. Now it can access my contacts, but when i paste in the address it just saved the first and last name but not the address. I still won’t let me scan my Polo address, it just keeps on blinking trying to scan it.

So I’ve been on this forum loads of times without getting anywhere. I’ve put up a video on YouTube as I’m just so sick of this to be honest. I just want my private code or the ability to send my NEM to my mates. Is that too much to ask?

I would be extremely greatful if anyone has any idea what’s going on.

Cheers

I was unable to recreate your issue. Perhaps because I do not have touch ID enabled.
I will tag @thomasoehri He is currently maintaining the app.

So I’ve been on this forum loads of times without getting anywhere. I’ve put up a video on YouTube as I’m just so sick of this to be honest. I just want my private code or the ability to send my NEM to my mates. Is that too much to ask?

I would be extremely grateful if anyone has any idea what’s going on.

Cheers

now that you copied it the NEM address send it directly to that copied NEM address?

instead of adding it as a contact?.. send 5XEMs first…then once you got it into your NanoWallet…send the rest of your XEMs

Install Telegram and click
t.me/NEMHELPDESK for adhoc support…

goodluck!

My mobile wallet (Android & iOS) is working without problems, exporting accounts, importing addresses by QR, manually importing addresses.

Which version of iOS’s mobile wallet is used?

thanks

No doesn’t work. Nothing works, I’ve tried everything

1.1.2 the latest one. I accept that yours and 99.999% of wallets work.
But if .001% doesn’t and there is no support and no one can help you, no contact number.
Absolutely nothing…then I think people should think twice before investing/buying in potentially nothing, when you are guaranteed no help if anything does goes wrong.

There are cases where you can repair by the following method.
· Update OS
· Stop all software running in the background
· Reinstall wallet application
· Uninstall the loaded application.
· Restart iPhone
· Completely reset iPhone and restore from backup.

Actually, these things have happened.
· Insufficient free space in system memory
· Application trouble (bug)

• The application accessed a function that is restricted by function restriction (access prohibition to file etc)
    · The application is incompletely downloaded / installed

Since there is a track record of actual malfunctions, these are not understood unless you test it.

thanks

I didn’t have audio so apologies if you did explain it but I don’t see how your coins are lost. You have access to your account so how are they lost ?

Access that same account from nano wallet and you’ll be able to send it.

The mobile wallet isn’t exactly great, no argument there, but there’s no need to dramatize things.
It also clearly states that it’s a BETA wallet so issues are honestly to be expected and using it as your main wallet isn’t recommended (Though I’ve been using it without issues as secondary for 2FA).

I dont have a nano wallet on my desktop. so are you telling me i can download the nano wallet and access my coins even though i dont have my private key? How would that work? Dramatise things? I cant get my private key and cant send the coins to someone else, so when my phone breaks that are all lost. where does it clearly state that the mobile wallet is not safe, i honestly must have missed that warning.

I tried everything except restoring from a back up. as the chances are ill probably be in a worse position afterwards, at least i can log in as it is. but after a back up i wouldnt bet on it!

Have you tried removing touchID? I have tried to recreate your issue, but am unable to. The only thing I have not tested, is trying to recreate the bug with touchID enabled. There is an option in settings to remove touchID.

[quote=“Conor_Clancy, post:8, topic:6455”]where does it clearly state that the mobile wallet is not safe, i honestly must have missed that warning.
[/quote]

It states that it’s BETA in the splashscreen. I’d agree that it should be made more clear, ideally in the discription of the app

Definitely try to remove touch id. I agree that this might be causing the issue.

Anyone know how i cant access my coins on the NEM ios wallet?

the app is broken and i cant send the coins or access my private key

ive been trying for a few months now, but this forum is the only place that has any sort of support but no one has been able to help me on it after 5 posts?

Its a forum for making complaints, and make it appear legitimate, but youll never actually get a helpful answer.

a massive warning for people stay away from NEM

Have you tried doing this?

thanks for the reply. unfortunately its the same result, it just takes longer. I’ve tried absoultely eveything. Its so strange, i actually just dont understand why it doesnt work

@thomasoehri Can you help out here. I am not sure how to go about replicating this issue, I have not ran across this one before at all.