Cannot send NEM from Iphone

Did you have a version prior to v1.1.2 installed on the device, or is v1.1.2 the only version you had installed?

1 Like

So Iā€™ve been on this forum loads of times without getting anywhere. Iā€™ve put up a video on YouTube as Iā€™m just so sick of this to be honest. I just want my private code or the ability to send my NEM to my mates. Is that too much to ask?

I would be extremely grateful if anyone has any idea whatā€™s going on.

Cheers

no its not the touch id, its the same result without it.
the app is broken, so itā€™s not safe and shouldnā€™t be promoted as a safe way to store coins.

1 Like

What can I say. Iā€™ve tried so many times for someone anyone to help me but no one can. Only conclusion thatā€™s itā€™s a massive scam. Warning to everyone donā€™t use NEM wallets they arenā€™t safe. And if there are issues NO ONE can help you. I had had an issue with my trezor and someone helped me. Even the exchanges have people to help you (might take a week), but not a billion dollar crypto ā€˜companyā€™. It has a forum with no support. I think that says it all really. I used their wallet!!! For full details Iā€™m made a video as a video explains it all easily. https://youtu.be/OYkrjkWmrXk

Hi Conor ā€“ sorry to hear about the issues with the app. I hope I havenā€™t go the wrong end of the stick here, but could you not just copy and paste a text address to send your XEM to another account (e.g. one set up on Nano, perhaps?), rather than scan a QR code/save to a contact, then send?

Ive tried sending it to my mates address, every possible way, but the app crashes whatever way I do it.

Ah, okay. Reason I ask is people often overlook the new transaction button (itā€™s doesnā€™t exactly scream its presence up on the top-right, being a small icon), as the video only showed you trying to send via the contacts, which is going to be a different process.

Have you also tried quitting the app via the app switcher and starting it up again?

Are you using version 1.1.3 now?

Iā€™ve updated to the latest version and Iā€™ve lost everything. I now need to set up a new NEM account with zero coins!!! I donā€™t know what I was expecting but not that. Live and learn, loads of scams out there. People need to be careful.

@Conor_Clancy Iā€™m not sure if my answer is not too late for you. Have you tried to export private key from application and import private key into nano wallet desktop app?
On Android app export wallet option is available when you click more button. Should be similar in IOS.
Maybe still you can restore to previous state (before update) from backup?

https://pasteboard.co/images/GL9iKcB.jpg/download
https://pasteboard.co/images/GL9jdFR.jpg/download

If you can export private key in this way I provide you instructions to import into nano wallet.

Pawelm, I get the impression you didnā€™t look at the vidoe. The whole problem is I cannot access my private key. The app crashed when i go into it and has for the last 3 months. Its a scam stay away from NEM, the sooner the government clamp down on these ā€˜companiesā€™ the better. I downloaded the app, sent coins, decided i better get the private key, it wouldnt let me, decided i should send them to someone else it wouldnt let me.

Hi sorry but on your vide I missed moment when you click ā€œmoreā€ button.

Also had this issue. Went away after reinstall.

@Horka Thatā€™s why backups of private keys are so important :frowning:

In this old account have you tried switching to another node?

Warning NEM is a massive scam, They stole $5k of my money and NO ONE can help. No email, no contact, no help.Cant wait for the feds to start clamping down on these ā€˜comaniesā€™ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYkrjkWmrXk&t=22s

Hello:

1. Why you donā€™t backup private keys? This should be the first thing you do after creating account.
  2. Why you sent money if the application doesnā€™t work correctly on your phone?
3 Likes

i am sry for your loss but see i hold xem to and myn is okay, why would nem get 5000 from you if the generate billions selling the xem they hold.

To everyone who uses NEM products.

Not only mobile wallets, all wallets of NEM are warned to take backups when creating wallets.

Using Wallet without taking a backup can not be guaranteed whatever happens afterwards. If it is a mobile wallet, if the hardware is destroyed by dropping, you will not be able to access funds again.
For this reason, I think you will find that backup is absolutely necessary immediately after creating the wallet.

In other words, do not use Wallet in the absence of backup.

It is not limited to NEM. If you have a backup, you can restore the wallet.
Please use with confidence.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Im not sure if you have actually used the NEM wallet but unlike Trezor, Doggie coin, or any other wallets it doesnt make or or warm you to write down the private key. so i was pretty nieve i suppose and assumed it was safe. it was only after i made the transfer did i think, ok i better back this upā€¦ How on earth was i suppoed to know it wouldnt work, it could generate an NEM address to send it to so why would i thnik this could be a scam?? Ive one question for you, do you know ANYONE, any email address, any phone number, any adddress, ANYONE in NEM that can help me? I know the answer!

thats not trUe is it? Ive used lots different wallets and they all make you take down the private key or back up code before you use them. this is not the case on NEM. Read all all the forums on Redddit. im not the only one.

Nem does warn you to back it up

on nano wallet

on IOS mobile wallet

2 Likes