Can't send XEM from iPad to iPhone

Hello there-

Yes I logged into my wallet, but still could not export it to my iPhone. Not sure what the problem is. Is it because I can’t see my private key on my iPad? If there’s some software patch to enable me to see the private key I could import it from the iPhone
Thanks for your help, I’d really like to get this solved. I’m interested in buying more XEM but this glitch has me backing off this crypto.
William

Its too late, I and countless others have this same problem. We “did” buy XEM and hold them in this “black hole wallet”. I really can’t afford to lose the coins or chalk this up as a learning experience. It’s unfortunate you can’t fix this “bug” with a software patch. I know there are many people who have the mobile app on their iPad with XEM “trapped” there that believe the app should never have let us download the mobile app on their iPad. I think NEM support can verify the buys and credit us with the XEM we “lost” due to this technical error on your part.
Please help get me my existing XEM to a wallet I can actually send and receive these coins to and from.
Thanks in advance,
William

Regarding these correspondence, we can not deal with support with volunteers, so we will contact the development side. Could you wait for a while?
Thank you.

1 Like

Of course. I understand your very busy these days so have your hands full. Can you give me an idea when I should expect progress?
Thank you

I stumbled upon someone mentioning that the secret key “can” be seen on a newer iPad with a larger screen (12 1/2" I think was mentioned). Is it possible that I could buy a newer iPad with larger screen and when the data is transferred from old to new I could then see the secret key? Would the existing code prevent the “whole” wallet including secret key to be transferred to the new iPad ?

Based on this what Thomas (IOS wallet developer) have written in topic:

You probably can try:

1. Create encrypted backup with itunes (should contain keychain data)
  2. Restore this backup on iphone (if you have one)

If you still have your private key on ipad device it should work but you may want to wait for @mizunashi answer.

I am waiting for reply from the person in charge. please wait.

1 Like

Ok, waiting patiently
Willieb

Anything yet? Still patiently waiting to hear how to import existing NEM tokens from iPad app (where I can’t see the private key) to my iPhone where I have downloaded the app and importing it to.
Your guidance will be greatly appreciated.
Willieb

Great success with encrypted backup to iTunes then loading to my new iPhone. I now see the balance of coins AND my private key…wohooooo!!!
Thanks for holding my hand thru this dilemma.
Willieb

Great I can help :slight_smile: Don’t forget do backup of your key! :slight_smile:

Hello again @mizunashi and @thomasoehri, I loaded an encrypted backup to my iPhone from my iPad (which I was not able to see my private key) and it enabled me to actually see a private key but the private key is corrupt in that it has too many characters. Not sure what to do.

Private key has now 96 length.
@thomasoehri please check if it’s possible to fix this.

@Willieb Can you please send me an email address of yours?
I’m going to send you an invitation to a recovery version of the app, that makes all data visible. That way we can check what data is available and why the private key is 96 characters long when it gets decrypted.

Please make sure that you still have the encrypted backup you created in case we need to restore from there. If you don’t have the encrypted backup anymore, please go ahead and create a new one.

Hello @thomasoehri - thanks for reaching back to me regarding my dilemma. As requested my email addy is williambmenz@comcast.net
I’m looking forward to gaining control of my NEM wallet. I’m looking forward to the time I can finally ADD to my position knowing the monies will not be lost in a “black hole” LOL

looking forward to hearing back from you when you have time…I know your busy!

Hello @Willieb

I’ve sent you an invitation to your email address. Please go ahead and install TestFlight from the App Store as described in the email on your iPhone. You’ll be able to install the recovery version of the NEM wallet from within TestFlight. We will leave your iPad as is for now and just work with the iPhone.

Please make sure you still have an encrypted backup of your device around, in case something goes wrong.
And please don’t share any screenshots on here, since it may show sensible information.

It would be the best if we’d continue figuring your issue out via private message. I’m going to send you a PM, please respond there with the results of the recovery version installation.

1 Like

Thank you Thomas, I would like to address this when I return from vacation this Wednesday and will be in touch as soon as I perform these tasks you have laid out for me.
Take care
Willieb

1 Like

Sorry Thomas , could you PM me again so I may respond with my progress after I installed TestFlight
Willieb