Community Fund Proposal: LuxTag - A holistic commercial application powered by NEM - Voting has ended -

Hi xemnewbie

Apologies for the late reply. We probably missed your posts.

For us at LuxTag we are actually expanding to multiple verticals of industry, luxury being one of them. Some of the other verticals are art, documents (degree certs), pharmaceuticals and apparels. In this regard, counterfeit is one of the problem we are trying to solve.

We actually have plans to open access LuxTag for personal and limited commercial use. The plan is to allow freemium use (free, enterprise and customized tier). With this people can tag their products on the NEM blockchain for free.

So far we have no exact discussion with Copyrightbank for collaboration but this is definitely something we are keen to look for in the future. But for now, our focus is in deploying the best product and service.

1 Like

I see VeChain has a lot of similar projects, one project indeed focuses on luxury goods.
As a matter of fact a lot of Vechain stuff appears to be in the niche.
Can you compete with VeChain? and how?
Dan

1 Like

Hello Dan, i read your question and just registered in the forum so i can answer you.

I’m Pablo Guerra, business developer director at Luxtag. I will try to answer you with the best information possible and trying not to sound too biased :wink:

In Luxtag we aim to protect the authenticity of the items and track their history using a blockchain powered solution. Our focus, what we are talking everyday at the office, in our chat, in our events and boards, is always the product, the manufacturer, the item, the client, the distributor. We truly believe on bringing the great flexibility of NEM into everyday lives, and protect the history of the most special items that you can own.

We understand this idea of “putting certificates in the blockchain” is not original or unique. Several projects have born in the last two years, like this Vechain or Waltonchain, for example. I’m not an expert on those projects, as my lifetime background is in collectibles, luxury items and authentication, but two things that made me choose Luxtag (amongst many others, they are the best people around!) were this:

1- Vechain and Waltonchain focus.- They focus on crappy tokens! When you read about them, or check their website, medium, reddit, etc etc. there is an spam of ICO announcements, propietary blockchains, mining, splits, incentive schemes, Proof-Of-Whatever, Exchange Listings…Price here, price there, billions of tokens released, premines … It feels like the utility of their project is just an excuse to raise some Millions USD. Do you think that Art dealers, watch collectors, warehouse operators, luxury retailers will install a waltonchain wallet? will buy VeChainTokens on Coinbase? All to sell a bottle of wine? Thats not going to happen.

2- Their technology .- One of the things i’m more proud of NEM is the flawless record of never been hacked. There is a really small club out there, and we share table with Bitcoin. I know the NEM ecosystem, and their goals and how they are moving forward in a responsible, professional way. I know the basic NEM properties, and i’ve been unable to find them in other blockchain. Hundreds of nodes around the world protect our data. When i look to those newly created blockchains, one started as a crappy ERC20 token, then ported (again with a token scheme, always centered in the economics!), with (schemes again) a complex Masternode-multilevel system validators, with made-up new (and untested!) Proof-Of-I-Don’t-Know algorythms for validation… Eww. No thanks.

So, this was basically the long answer, sorry for the brick :wink:

The TDLR to your question is: Of course we can, can they compete with this NEM powered company? Because we are already delivering, and this is just the beginning!

Regards,
Pablo

7 Likes

Thanks for the response.
very informative, I feel LuxTag has a positive future.
Dan

4 Likes

Dan, I would also add that many of our clients are very excited that LuxTag does NOT have a pump and dump token associated with it. Our clients, which are real by the way, just want to use blockchain, not be involved in having to have their clients collect many different tokens just to use the products. In fact, so far we have made a 0 bar to entry for all of the users/customers of our clients. Users just download the app and scan. And that is the way it should be. Our clients interested in blockchain’s real utility don’t want to be bothered with their clients having to go to exchanges and trade tokens just to scan something. That is stupid.

7 Likes

Hello
Are you using the public or private NEM blockchain for your business?!

Hi @freigeist
We’re using both mutations for LuxTag.
For example our customers DeFeet (Fashion/Apparel) and Poesy Liang(Artist) are on the NEM public chain. The Malaysian e-scroll university graduation certificate system runs on a private NEM Catapult chain.
We’re working on the chain anchoring solution to hook the private chain(s) to the public mainnet chain.
Rene, LuxTag.io

1 Like

Hi Rene.
I have a question.
I understand that there is notarization efficacy if it is a public chain.
Why does a private chain hash have a notarization efficacy?
Do you use cross-chain swap?

Hello my friend,
The core features (immutable over time, timestamped events saved in blocks) required for notarizing are available in a private chain same as they are in a public chain.
But - one has to trust the operator of the private chain. In order to enhance trust in “data not being tampered with”, it helps to create a link from the private chain to the public chain.
For example, we could simply send every X-th block hash to the public chain in order to show the public that this is the block which was signed in the private environment.
Or, we could use more sophisticated ways of chain-anchoring, which I don’t want to describe in detail publicly here yet :wink:
Rene

1 Like

Hello NEM Community:

We are excited to announce that LuxTag received its fourth and final milestone payout this week, crowning a very successful period for our startup! :clap:

Read LuxTag CEO’s official announcement here:

4 Likes

LuxTag’s CEO, Rene Bernard, and CFO, Faeez M Noor are featured in the latest issue of Malaysian Business Magazine. Find their exclusive interview in the " Blockchain Prospects and Challenges" article!

4 Likes

Hi everybody,
we have great news! LuxTag received the “Most Engaged PRIDE Company 2018” Award by MDec (Malaysian Digital Economy Corporation)!
Read more here: https://luxtag.io/luxtag-wins-most-engaged-pride-company-2018-award/

5 Likes

Congratulations, fantastic update! The Malaysian government is working very hard on developing a digital economy and wonderful to see LuxTag being recognised for this. Well done to the team!

1 Like

Hi everybody!
We have good news! LuxTag partners with Dagang Net, a reputable IT services provider, to offer blockchain-based eServices.
Read our press release here:

3 Likes

http://dailyasianage.com/ep/2019/03/09/index.php?page=6
LuxTag / NEM / DagangNet in the Bangladesh English Daily “The Asian Age” :hugs:

dailyasianage 9mar2019.pdf (883.5 KB)

2 Likes

Hi everybody!

We’re all about serious work but it doesn’t mean we can’t have a little fun after the day finishes! Authenticity enforcement doesn’t need to be boring!
Check out LuxTag’s Official Rap Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z80eA98aRb0
Hope you like it!

1 Like

LuxTag has good news: we’ve been featured as one of the 10 top blockchain startups in Southeast Asia 2019!
Check out the article by CIO Asean Magazine here: https://www.cio.com/article/3293259/innovative-blockchain-startups-in-southeast-asia.html

4 Likes

Am proud to share that one of NEM’s prime industrial projects, LuxTag, is featured over there!
Good job @Higashi @jabo38 :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

Hi LuxTag team.

Are there more products available for LuxTag?
Are there any products other than socks and watches available?

1 Like

Hi GodTanu,

LuxTag has different products for different industries. Some of the industries we serve:

• Luxury items (watches, jewellery, handbags, etc…)
  • Documents, we secure valuable documents such as( university degrees or diplomas, etc…)
  • Fashion (socks, apparel, etc…)
  • Art (art paintings, collectables, etc…)

If you would like more information, please give me your email and I’d be happy to send you more details. Meanwhile, you can check our website https://luxtag.io/solution/ or join our telegram channel for a quicker response https://t.me/LuxTag_Official

Best,
LuxTag Team,

1 Like