Cryptopia is not stealing our XEM [SOLVED]

[UPDATE] @alfgordon figured a workaround for getting your XEM out of Cryptopia. I confirm that it works. He says:

“i found a solution , buy a tiny amount of nem , and the your coins are updated i just did and im leaving cryptopia forever”

Thousands of XEM owners are panicking because Cryptopia is not processing deposits, and not allowing people to trade with deposits which have been received.

Cryptopia is not responding to support requests.

Just look at the latest posts: https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Forum

Also, have a look at the complaints on Twitter: search for Cryptopia_NZ XEM

Is there anything the NEM.io foundation can do to help XEM owners?

Can you comment on whether this is linked to the Coincheck theft? I refer to media reports that stolen XEM ended up at Cryptopia: http://www.asahi.com/ajw/articles/AJ201802090039.html

I am considering launching court proceedings in New Zealand to get my XEM back. Would the NEM foundation like to participate in these proceedings?

4 Likes

Same problem here, 10 days and counting…

1 Like

Mine held for a day but I hadn’t been counting or waiting for confirmations with XEM before. XEM was always fast.
Cryptopia with that behaviour significantly damages NEM’s reputation.
If they got problems they should disable wallets for a time to solve.

2 Likes

Same issue with me. Xem always worked fast before.

1 Like

I’ve sent an email to one of the Devs here at NEM stating my concerns with Cryptopia and the way they are handling or not handling the XEM coin for its users. Hopefully this team is way more professional and replies with some answers. Unlike the craptopia team. Will keep you posted.

1 Like

So did yours finally get deposited to your wallet or are they still in "status 3 " mode?

1 Like

Still status 3.

1 Like

I have threatened to sue Cryptopia if they do not return my XEM. They have not replied. I have reached out to attorneys to force them to respond. I’ll update you on any further developments.

1 Like

Cryptopia for sure had in last week problems with wallet. Now it looks like working.
One of NEM Foundation member is asking again for possibility to speak about XEM integration in Cryptopia because they have very often this problem.
About status 3 I don’t know. Maybe they doing manual deposits verification? I don’t know.

1 Like

still “status 3”

1 Like

status 3 happened to me, :frowning:

I too have the same status 3 issue. Don’t know the exact reason in Cryptopia. If there any maintenance is in progress, they can announce it at least all customer get some relief. Without any information, how can we take it is… frustrating.

All the hallmarks of another MT GOX. The only communication is to ask for time (“we’ll get back to you in 30 days”). I anticipate a liquidation.

But I believe the problems will be resolved soon. Don’t lose our hope. There might be some problems on their side which will resolve soon.

Nah… 90% of the other coins don’t have any issues deposit or withdrawing. My opinion is this: we all were trying to arb trade for the easy 30%, cryptopia bots have a large inventory/holding over 3K sats and will lose a ton if they open XEM deposits for trading. They did same thing with ARK and TRX too… altho it wasn’t status 3 for those, it was “unconfirmed” until the price equaled out …“coincidentally”

that’s mean we are just waiting the price XEM on cryptopia same with other exchange ya?

1 Like

Thats my take on it… when the 'topia wallets were under maintenance and trading was halted, the XEM price dropped on all other exchanges for market reasons… I could be wrong but I bet we see the deposits go thru when prices equal out.

Who or what are cryptopia bots? Positions held by crytopia owners?

No… they are trading bots run by the site. You can see their bids/asks (ability to control price movement) in the ‘sell orders and ask orders’ box. Under the “Total BTC” column is retail bids/asks - (you and I) and under the "SUM BTC column (go down a couple bids) and you’ll notice there’s alot more to offer, these are the exchange bots stacking the bids…

So what I’m saying is… when the wallets were down last month, the bots supported the price and absorbed alot of selling pressure, (took in alot of inventory of XEM) they then halted the trading. When trading resumed, there was a huge, 30% ish, price difference between exchanges.
I could be way off on my theory, but like I said, I saw it happen with ARK, TRX and PVIX on cryptopia, but never seen the Status 3 thing.