Cryptopia is not stealing our XEM [SOLVED]

I hope you’re right. It’s not great, but it’s better than some of the alternatives.

I have same problem, waiting over 1 week for my confirmed xem deposit which shows in my deposit history but has not beed credited to my balance. No reply to support ticket.

Actually not the only Cryptopia hangs with XEM. Huobi started that approx since mid feb. I think there even much more stuck people than on Cryptopia. The bad thing is that to my opinion all this done with NEM team together. Cause no one comments it including NEM. Both Cryptopia and Huobi didn’t stop their wallets for maintenance or smth. They are still opened and gathering tokens from users and holding. Terribly unfair.
NEM should comment that in media.

2 Likes

I think they should reward with some compensation… I could wait 1 day for some exceptionall issue? Yes. But more its not acceptable. Starting to loose money.

same problem with cryptopia since February 23, if we expect the prices to equalize we will lose a lot of money because it will not stop going down in the other exchange

Guys use social media to vent your frustration. That’s the best place for it. Facebook/twitter/exchange forum.

We don’t want to “vent our frustration”, we want our money back. As the exchange is unwilling to repay us, it’s reasonable to approach the NEM foundation, or no?

UPDATE: here is Cryptopia Facebook support’s explanation:

Yes apparently Bitrex is doing a similar thing with xem purchases.
Can anyone confirm if they successfully purchased and received and xem from Bitrex to their nano wallet in the last week.
I will not be depositing anything with them until this clears.
Is it possible they bought their xem at well over .35c and are now unwilling to sell at .35c, due to the 40% price dump after the hack?

Cheers

It helps to read the news https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/News Expecially the earlier posts mid February explaining that: “We have made a number of changes to the way we are processing deposits which has significantly improved performance. These changes are being tested initially on a few selected coins before going into widespread use, however these changes have already solved most of the deposit delays we were experiencing. We are now working on similar improvements for withdrawals. These will take a bit longer than deposits but we expect to have them operational within 2 weeks.
In the interim, please be aware that processing times on deposits or withdrawals may exceed 30 hours, although in most cases are likely to be less than this. Please don’t submit support tickets relating to processing delays as we are unable to expedite these manually - our focus is on quickly resolving the issue for everyone.”

I’m sorry but it’s inexcusable that their CoinInfo page still says the wallet is “OK”. It should say “under maintenance” and depositors should be warned that their funds will be inaccessible.

My funds remain frozen while they are “verified”, whatever that means.

It seems like several exchanges have frozen XEM trading: https://cryptovest.com/news/nem-xem-price-slides-on-exchange-lockdowns-but-optimism-for-2018-remains/

I think what’s really going on with XEM is that all deposits are frozen and manually checked to see if any of them relate to to the Coincheck heist. Cryptopia is staying silent about this because they don’t want to scare off their user base

Bittrex, Cryptopia and much more exchanges “health check” can be found here: http://nemermind.be/nempublic.html
Please look at last withdraw column. You can see that Bittrex has no problems (never had) and Cryptopia last success withdraw was yesterday.

EDIT: As far as I know Cryptopia team is trying now fix this problems with deposits/withdraws processing.

My xem was already acredited :D. And sold :P. How about you guys?

The status has changed from “3” to “confirmed” now at least but balance still shows 0

Me too same. Howmany counts yours?

Yep. Confirmed but still ZERO.
HODL even if you don’t want to. Cryptopia, Huobi etc …

They’ve finally decided to investigate the issues with the wallet :slight_smile:

I again demanded the return of my XEM and they again said deposits are being “verified”. Is it really possible that they are unable to repay the XEM?