Cryptopia is not stealing our XEM [SOLVED]

I don’t work for Cryptopia and never have. Jerry is a common name. If that is the level of proof you have to offer. God help your clients. That is about the level of proof you have offered in your entire diatribe.

@mdccxxii want comment so I allow for this and reopen this topic.
CC: @Saul, @BloodyRookie (some admin should look at conversation here).

If you plan to use Clive Cousins - be aware of this: http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/3370949/CMT-sues-lawyer-over-9m-loan-involving-property-developer
and this: http://www.parkerandassociates.co.nz/assets/pdf/results/heslopsoe.pdf

Some of his clients were unhappy with his conduct so sued him.

You use a satire website in you argument ? I’ll send a link to Cryptopia via a support ticket so they can comment. (sarcasm)

satire - the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people’s stupidity or vices

sarcasm - the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.

When you started using profanities towards me is the time when you lost the whole argument. I’ve screenshotted it and saved the chat log and it has been sent to the Cape bar with a complaint. Congratulations for defaming me, insulting me and swearing at me on a public forum while conducting and advertising yourself as a lawyer. Is that the standard of conduct expected of South African Silk ?

As per reasonable notice - they have to receive the notice and delivery times have to be taken into account. I’m assuming you sent a letter requesting the return of the property and didn’t rely on a support ticket that clearly states it won’t be answered for 20+ days ? Or do you serve your notices via social media on third party sites?

Key words - “reasonable notice”.

It is also reasonable to look at a legal contractual term called “performance”. When a company is experiencing technical difficulties “performance” may not be possible.

Let me simplify it for you - key word - Manually. Show me a post where they said that it is manually checked.

Every exchange has been caught up in the hack. There is even a site that publicly tracks it. The public record does not support some of the claims in the Japanese article.

So at a time of technical problems you are advocating that they change their secure website to display a bold colorful warning without taking months for penetration testing to make sure that the changes are safe ?

“So at a time of technical problems you are advocating that they change their secure website to display a bold colorful warning without taking months for penetration testing to make sure that the changes are safe ?”

Are you telling me they can’t put a text disclaimer on the wallet page? That this would require “months for penetration testing”?

Or what about a warning to new registrants? This would somehow make the system vulnerable to a hack?

“As per reasonable notice - they have to receive the notice and delivery times have to be taken into account. I’m assuming you sent a letter requesting the return of the property and didn’t rely on a support ticket that clearly states it won’t be answered for 20+ days ? Or do you serve your notices via social media on third party sites?”

Yes I sent a letter.

“Key words - “reasonable notice”.”

Are you trying to tell a lawyer what “reasonable notice” means? What constitutes reasonable notice in your opinion?

“It is also reasonable to look at a legal contractual term called “performance”. When a company is experiencing technical difficulties “performance” may not be possible.”

If the company is experiencing technical difficulties it should a) stop accepting new depositors and/or b) warn new depositors that it is experiencing technical difficulties.

“I don’t work for Cryptopia and never have. Jerry is a common name. If that is the level of proof you have to offer. God help your clients. That is about the level of proof you have offered in your entire diatribe.”

Then why are you so staunchly defending them?

Yes or no: it’s fine that so many depositors cannot access their funds. They should not be angry or upset that they are losing money. They must just chill out. (this seems to be what you’re saying)

“When you started using profanities towards me is the time when you lost the whole argument. I’ve screenshotted it and saved the chat log and it has been sent to the Cape bar with a complaint. Congratulations for defaming me, insulting me and swearing at me on a public forum while conducting and advertising yourself as a lawyer. Is that the standard of conduct expected of South African Silk ?”

Yes, I also saved the chat log as it seems they are subject to moderation.

Jerry, you deserved the insult. Look at the history of this conversation. You’ve done nothing but hurl baseless criticisms at my attempts to get my crypto back.

I’m not a Silk, but thanks for thinking that.

As for defamation, how does one defame an anonymous Internet troll?

I feel like we are going in circles here. There is probably no point in speaking to each other further, as it will only generate further enmity.

I propose that we cease interacting with each other.

“Christchurch crypto exchange has huge deluge of complaints”

Here is a recent article about the problems at Cryptopia. Unfortunately it’s behind a paywall:

@cypher @mdccxxii did you finished this conversation? Can I close this topic?

Ok, So I’m closing this one.