Elections 2021/2022

I am totally agree with Jeff, been a leader is not that easy. it requires dedication and courage. I only joined Nem for a short period of time, but what i can tell is that both Alex and Laura has done a fantastic job.
We appreciate the support from our community and we are open for any advice, however, i wish people can be rational about their comments, some are inappropriate and lack of truth. it’s unfair to Nem foundation & community
Let’s work together and make Nem bigger and better

5 Likes

Heads down and nose to the grindstone. It’s why I haven’t popped up lately - there is just so much to do to prepare for launch.
I appreciate everyone’s kind words, and actionable criticisms! I take everything onboard to try and improve more and more.

8 Likes

While I respect your opinion and you have every right to it, I would second Alex in clearing up a definite misunderstanding around ‘Alex bringing on Laura because they were friends’.
I was originally hired by Nelson in 2018 - approved by Stephen Chia as Regional Head of SEA, In Thailand we have a very solid partner who actually invested (apologies to Alex for the correction) $4 million USD in super nodes. We have two co-working spaces, a really close relationship with Rangsit University, and the current Thai Government. Even though I moved to a global role for comms and as Secretary and so had to cut extensively back on Thai activities, we were recently invited to a roundtable meeting with the Thai Ministry of Education to discuss putting blockchain into the public curriculum.

Did Thailand go the way I had hoped? No, I wanted to do so much more, but for a myriad of reasons, that didn’t happen.

My role for the past year has been markedly different and I liaise with almost every vertical in NEM. I love my work, have great ideas that I want to implement, and hope I get to continue this journey with Symbol.

7 Likes

I know that she came thanks to Nelson (You forgot Stephan Chia and Emerson because they have bad reputation here and you dont want her to be linked with those people ? :)"

I just mean “she is in the council thanks to you because we didnt vote for her”

Her job was to “help awareness in thailand” yes. And since I know thailand a lot, the locals and the crypto fans there, NOBODY knows NEM in Thailand.

No thai company use NEM and even no thai exchanges listed XEM so locals couldnt even buy it if they knew it.

Even herself, while she is actually defending herself, she said “Did Thailand go the way I had hoped? No”

So yeah, she failed as Head of NEM Thailand.

Now, all the NEM FOUNDATION come to say “Laura is the best”. Ofc you work together, I’ve never seen people from the same company saying "my collegue is useless (or something like this) so the conversation has no point now.

We will wait election and community will decide.

NOTE: I spoke about Laura but I can speak about many people in the foundation. Hope it will change soon and we will get people with a big background (Ex employes of big companies etc…) instead of looking like a small startup.

Have a good day all.

I would encourage you to try yoga @issou. I think you would benefit from it greatly.

3 Likes

???

I’m perfectly calm when I post my message.

So you mean that if we agree with NF, we are calm and if we dont agree, we should do yoga ??

It is what you do since you are president. You just try to ridicule the ones who give legit argument that dont go your way, by saying thing like:

• You are a troll
  • You must do yoga

Looks like the kind of answers we can find on a random thread of twitter.
So profesionnal for a president.

1 Like

sad write in the twitter this… kindergarten fight https://twitter.com/Inside_NEM/status/1235812201312575489?s=20

1 Like

Not at all, the harassment has been going on for OVER a year, legally a statement needed to be made. This is the Foundation’s legal stance.

3 Likes

there are more important topics of discussion for the community, if you have something with former members of the Foundation, they can solve it in a court, but the members want to know important things, not this kind of discussions and accusations between new and old members of the council. I personally don’t care about Lon and company’s old tyranny mandate, I am interested in Symbol’s future, I as an entrepreneur know that when the company has internal discussions it impacts on customers, investors and partners (i.e. members and the whole Nem ecosystem) I think we are fed up and tired of being in the news because of dirty business, economic rescues and hacking.
Let’s hope that Symbol leaves behind the bad reputation that Nem has earned over the past two years. I´m NOT ACCUSING ANYONE( I LIKE ALEX AND HIS ADVISORS, I SUPPORT AND I VOTED FOR ALEX AND ESPECIALLY PEDRO GUTIERREZ)

4 Likes

For context, the NEM Foundation lawyers are the ones that advised having us post the statement due to continuous cyber libel, defamation, and harassment toward many team members for over a year. It’s not just the community that doesn’t want this situation. Nobody in the NEM Foundations wants to deal with the distraction of this during the launch of Symbol and what it means to the future of the ecosystem. Nobody wants to have NEM Foundation funding go to a lawsuit. It should go to supporting the devs, products and future for Symbol and NIS1. The only way to move forward is for the behavior to stop. I hope this helps focus the energy of some toward building the future, instead of doing the opposite.

Thanks for your feedback, Eddy.

4 Likes

I like the current squad. They work well together.
One most also remember it take time for a team to form and get to know each other.
All the big companies try their best to get a well formed team going, build momentum and then consistently kick **s. You may have brilliant individuals but if they cannot work as a team, then they will fail. Hardest part is to get people to get to know each other, get use to the processes/governance, get a velocity going and maintaining stable speed of delivery. One of the biggest factors are time, to get this done. Best would be to try and maintain the same team.

2 Likes

jaguar for president

1 Like

Why? He’s a developer, not an Bussinesman

1 Like

Thanks @joseng62, it takes time for the team to be high performing and a lof or work as Laura mentioned, is unseen. As @tresto mentioned, what is important is the result and as we work towards working on Symbol and manage all the changes, we hope the results will show.

4 Likes

Hi Jason. I have a question. Do regular members of the Foundation have the right to request removal of directors?

2 Likes

I think that should be seen in the Foundation’s bylaws. I think that a majority group of members would be logical if we could decide by vote to move or dismiss the board members

1 Like

With the coronavirus crisis I imagine it will be a perfect excuse to delay the launch of symbol. But no. Teleworking won’t stop the launch this Q2 quarter, will it?

I answered this on Twitter but wanted to answer here too. We are a fully distributed and decentralized global team. NEM Foundation mostly works remotely. Those that work in an office have been asked to work from home and not go into the office due to Coronavirus concerns. Progress updates will continue to come from the Tech team as the platform progresses. Timelines should be considered fluid and not locked in stone.

2 Likes

Q3 still launch symbol?

Alexandra Tinsman has done a really good job forming and leading the new NEM Foundation thus far. I would vote for her again just because the current mother ship is already heading to the right direction and it needs to be set on full-throttle ahead—I’m afraid that forming a totally new team would mean idle-time period and/or slow build-up of the speed going forward.

If there’s any points of improvement, I’d say that the transparency and the frequency of communication towards the community (and vice-verse) can be improved. Uncertainties and built-up tensions among community members in the past could have been dissolved much quicker, in my opinion.

Again, hat off to the her and all of the team members. Their hard works—tirelessly, and literally, around the clock—should be appreciated much often.

3 Likes