Error 306 NIS: Unexpected Error

Hi BloodyRookie, i am having the stupid 306 error appear again, whether or not i try booting locally on localhost or boot on your alice server, ive been currently connecting to your alice6 server and its been fine all this time other than once or twice when ive had to reconnect.
Anyway, its trying to synchronise NIS, when i have it connected remotley, it should not even try to do this i thought?
I am going to send you my public key for harvesting, if you able to check on your server if im still harvesting with this, key im keen to know :slightly_smiling:
Thanks

alice6 is in australia, so it is probably not a good remote server for your location. Pick one that is near you. Check the ping time to the remote server.

Im in New Zealand, is that not close enough to Australia? lol I dont think there are any major servers in New Zealand currently.

But why am i still getting the error even if switching to boot a local node?

It does not appear to be saving this setting either, as if i shut everything down and restart it, its goes back to remote server, but at the same time its trying to sync
NIS.

Anyway let me know if you got my PM with the public key for harvesting.

Ah, I forgot you are down there ^^. Maybe you can try using Alice8 (27.100.36.70) or Alice9 (27.100.36.83).
Tell me what the ping to those servers is and if you are still getting any 306 errors when using one of those as host in the settings.

Alice 8 is giving me a transmit failed error, but pinging alice9 give me a response.

Pinging 27.100.36.83 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 27.100.36.83: bytes=32 time=53ms TTL=50
Reply from 27.100.36.83: bytes=32 time=129ms TTL=5
Reply from 27.100.36.83: bytes=32 time=67ms TTL=50
Reply from 27.100.36.83: bytes=32 time=44ms TTL=50

I will try connecting to alice9 and see hot it works.

Something else i notice, is that none of my harvested XEM show up as a transaction, i can only see these if i click on harvested blocks.

Is this normal? As i saw on a tutorial a screenshot showing the harvested XEM appearing as a transaction.

The reason you had problems with Alice6 was that the vps was out of disk space :confused:
I cleaned up and now it is running well again.

Yes it is normal that the harvested XEM don’t show up as transaction, they are directly transferred to your harvesting account.

OK, all is good, its working on Alice9 anyway.
Did you get my harvesting key for future?

I answered to your private message. You gave me the wrong key.

That is strange, they both should be in the same data center.

Sorry, i never saw the message, ill check for it now.
Thats weird, thats the key its telling me. Will look into it.

Hi, I have same error this is my log can you pease tell me what is wrong? thanks!!! Im using a iMac
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6whd7im0darfyux/nis-0.log?dl=0 NISLOGS
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bxpupk9hkp97uqp/nccLogs.zip?dl=0 NCC LOGS