Exchange Support. Lost XEM at an exchange? Post here! [MOVED]

I am an ordinary person who does not have any authority over NEM, so I can not take any action from me.

Especially, questions with missing information, obscene questions, will be postponed immediately.
There is a tendency to give priority to easily questionable questions.

When there is no reply for a certain period, there is an example that it was processed immediately immediately after asking again.

I recommend you to ask again with a necessary matter.

thanks

hi thanks for the reply. i did not put in the message code. is there a way
i can retrieve my funds? all i put was the address

Please tell Bittrex’s support that you want to reflect the deposit with the following contents.

· http://chain.nem.ninja/#/transfer/5d79f39f766d74ade24e40a745aed7344bff39dec55952613f7aa4b4cc15dd8f

· (Message displayed on Bittrex’s deposit screen)

thanks

hi suport i meke one mistake about one transaction , i send only mesage to changellly i dont se where to put adress , what i need to do now ? for cancell tsis transaction ?
this is like mesake only not adress !thanks

I send 770 XEM from address NBZMQO7ZPBYNBDUR7F75MAKA2S3DHDCIFG775N3D message 08c0c4e0d3f1e835 to address ND2JRPQIWXHKAA26INVGA7SREEUMX5QAI6VU7HNR message 390d6f0b2c0e4005a45. Txid: 224adbe9235c8b95b4d9e0071ce54ccd6b1b89ec6697dbf49e07355ee0f71582. But I don’t see this transaction. What shall I do??

I clicked on the URL and Poloniex’s status for transaction is “complete”.

Why?

To withdraw Poloniex, clicking on the URL of the mail is compulsory.

Did you receive your coins or not yet?

I didn´t receive my XEM. I don´t know, it seems they have a lot of trouble (support). In nine days over 15273 new support tickets… .

I need XEM transaction tech support. I made a simple transfer of what I thought was 1500 XEM to BITTREX through the Changelly exchange. The amount of XEM to send subsequently turned out to be in excess of 13000 XEM. The history of the exchange attempt is listed on my Changelly user history. The seven attempts didn’t transfer to Bittrex but the 13000 XEM were transacted nonetheless. Rather the XEM were NOT returned to my wallet; they were sent to a European BTC site. This site MAY be the orginal source of the XEM, which were acquired on Poloniex during the springtime, which were acquired/exchanged from my Gemini Trust account.

The crucial detail is that as a New York resident, my Poloniex account was frozen. (Poloniex doesn’t state on its website masthead or anywhere else that NY residents are restricted from trading on Poloniex.) Poloniex support transferred my XEM to my XEM mobile wallet, which I downloaded from the NEM.io site. My total XEM amount was in excess of 23,000 XEM.
I’ve made more than 27 email requests for help by Changelly. They have referered me back to NEM. I have been unable to find a support contact offered by NEM with the exception of this forum.
I’m not in a good mood over this.
I believe that the coins and their transaction location are known. I have screen shots of all that I speak of. My NEM wallet shows the orginal balance, but the NEM subsection wallet location where the 13,000+ XEM were located states "0"
To repeat, I have screenshots showing where the XEM is. I have screen shots of my NEM wallet showing the complete list of coins and their associated messages and timestamps. I’m requesting that NEM assist in locating and retrieving my XEM from wherever they are. I’m not a developer nor a programmer just a simple investor. This has been a harrowing experience given the amounts of XEM involved. I’m fully available to communicate in order to retrieve the XEM.
I am confused by much of this and am reaching out in the hopes that someone at NEM technically proficient with the XEM wallet can retrieve my XEM and restore them to my XEM wallet. I would also like this matter resolved in a private manner rather than this forum for obvious privacy reasons.
Thank you,
MS
1 LikeReply

I don’t respond to emails, I can respond to you here.

You are not giving me enough info, I assume you are not giving enough info to Changelly, and that is why they are not helping you.
What is your address, is 13,000 the exact amount you sent? Changelly will want your transaction hash, and the message they asked you to include. If you sent them multiple XEM transactions, you will need EACH transaction hash. If you give me your address, I can find you your transaction hashes.

I can’t speak about your issues with Poloniex, while Poloniex allows accounts in most states, I can’t speak for NY.

I attempted to make a withdrawal from Poloniex to a freshly created NEM nanowallet last night at 2246. Now 13 hours later it is still saying that it is still processing. Fortunately the withdrawal was only for a few XEM as a test before I sent more. I cut and pasted the whole address of my Nanowallet, but did not include and other message or ID as wasn’t given one or asked for one either by Nanowallet or Poloniex. Please advise.

Processing XEM 19.00000000
2017-08-17 22:46:31
Address: f1c3212ccbbd4e32e62f736aa388026c49dab7e525a44cea2d2eab524c69326e

The format of the NanoWallet’s address will be something like this.

NCLT5G-RRTWIO-HXE2NG-XLAXLT-U24OSM-7YZXBD-BEZR

Is the destination address entered in Poloniex a publoc key?
Please confirm it is.

thanks

OK. I realise what I’ve done now. I’ve used my private key rather than my wallet address. Which means that in the previous message I just posted my private key online on an open forum. Whoops! Fortunately it has nothing in it. So the next thing I’ve got to do is delete this wallet and start a fresh one. And then learn from the that mistake the difference between an address and a private key. Better to learn that lesson with an empty wallet!! Guess I just have to start anew with a fresh username / wallet name etc.

2 Likes

Wow… we can wait for about 2 more months then… but no worries. Once we
get them back each XEM will be $1.50+ lol

Hi please help me, I lost my nem XEM tokens when sending from my nem wallet to Bittrex because I forgot to add message is there anything you can do to help ?

Create support ticket and include the tx

I have the tx but how do I create support ticket ?

Do I create support ticket including tx with Bittrex or NEM

This is my tx any chance you could help me out ?

Block 1246944

Hash 692cf244cefe5636938c60a60c68339a3cd55f6dccd1c648f898891e90f3d9c7