Harvesting is profitable?

I not move my stake, in harvested blocks is shown a 1050 XEM = 0,00105 BTC (@100) from last 25 blocks, this gives 8 days:

0,00105*(30/8) = 0,0039375BTC @220 = $0,866/month

VPS cost= 19/12 = $1,583/month

Profit= -$0,717

Well… waiting for node/NSC bounties. >:(

I not move my stake, in harvested blocks is shown a 1050 XEM = 0,00105 BTC (@100) from last 25 blocks, this gives 8 days:

0,00105*(30/8) = 0,0039375BTC @220 = $0,866/month

VPS cost= 19/12 = $1,583/month

Profit= -$0,717

Well... waiting for node/NSC bounties. >:(

I had the luck to harvest more in 1 block than you harvest in total. Earnings will always vary and only rise with volume.

Hi Icharles123,
I have 4.5m xem vested and you have 3 times the harvested blocks that I do.
If you want to try to increase your POI send another message in the 'spread the xem' thread (I think there's still a free slot) or let me know and we can bounce some xem back and forth to see if it increases the POI %

best regards
esc

ps. pat, what was the block you got? Are we talking a Neil Young 'Harvest'? :slight_smile:

'Harvest Moon' in case anyone wondered wtf I was talking about :slight_smile:

Hi Icharles123,
I have 4.5m xem vested and you have 3 times the harvested blocks that I do.
If you want to try to increase your POI send another message in the 'spread the xem' thread (I think there's still a free slot) or let me know and we can bounce some xem back and forth to see if it increases the POI %

best regards
esc

ps. pat, what was the block you got? Are we talking a Neil Young 'Harvest'? :)

Yes, i posted there. Thanks.

By now the top 50 harvesters have harvested about 16000 blocks (58% of all blocks), gaining ~612600 XEM, which at the current exchange rate is about $100. So judge by yourself.

I don't think it is profitable atm. But guess I have been lucky when compared to others because I have harvested around 8800 XEM, courtesy of some good blocks  ;D

There isn't a crypto out there that is profitable to stake or mine, AFAIK.  :slight_smile:

By now the top 50 harvesters have harvested about 16000 blocks (58% of all blocks), gaining ~612600 XEM, which at the current exchange rate is about $100. So judge by yourself.

The network is very small, there are only 120 nodes.
We do not know how it behaves with a thousand and more.

I don't think it is profitable atm. But guess I have been lucky when compared to others because I have harvested around 8800 XEM, courtesy of some good blocks  ;D

Luck! In the testnet i was luckier. And now it's over .... used the luck at the wrong time.  :-\
Maybe my IP is not well seen, from where i am, the connection with it is unstable.
I'll switch to less expensive servers and post the result here.

There isn't a crypto out there that is profitable to stake or mine, AFAIK.  :)

Not exactly, the Darkcoin [url=https://dashtalk.org/threads/simple-masternode-reward-calculator-openoffice-spreadsheet.3030/]yields a good amount now. But not last long. :)

There isn't a crypto out there that is profitable to stake or mine, AFAIK.  :)

Peercoin-like cryptos are profitable for stakers because you don't need to leave your computer running at all. Not any other remote machine either. At some point your eligible for your interest and then you stake for like 1 minute or so which will produce one block and then you can shut down again.
Of course such systems need POW as well since staking alone would never be able to run the network.

By my experience its not profitable  :frowning:

I think it's far too early to be expecting profit from a coin that has much wider ambitions. As NEM grows in scope and user base, it's only going to get more profitable.

In the meantime; I harvest (Banana PI), and what little i do harvest i distribute as donations to various people who contribute to NEM, something of which i will maintain to do so. The last donation i made was to the creator of the Paper NEM wallet, of which i will be sending further "donations" until another project comes along that takes a share of it.

Not only do i expect this to increase my importance, but i'm also further distributing the coin and contributing to the development in a small way. Very happy with this as i never joined with the immediate expectation of turning over profit – if i did, i would've dumped my stake immediately. I'm in it for the long haul.

If everyone harvesting did the same, it would help tremendously imo.

By my experience its not profitable  :(

I do not understand what you mean. You can set up a free node and harvest 24/7
or use a public node for free. how can that not be profitable?

I understand you but in last 5 days i harvest 250 XEM.

So how much is that profitable ? Yes it is free and you earn something but for now it is nothing.

Yes, but the availability to harvest is little, is hard to find nodes with empty slots.

I updated the calculation:
So considering that I get 5 blocks/day with 4M and ~300 XEM every 5 days:

(300*0.00000050)6 = ~0.001
0.001 @380 = $0.38

This NAT VPS (https://www.myserverplanet.com/virtual.php) has plans of $ 0.31/m (256 RAM) and $0.43/m (512 RAM)

I have put in 256MB and has 2 days it’s working, do not know whether it will continue for a long time, in this case:
$0.38 - 0.31 = +$0.08

Now the 512 is safer that should not crash due to lack of memory, then:
$0,43 - 0,31 = -$0,12

So considering the now, we’re not losing anything if you rent it for a server setup the NIS. ;D

i think u all dont understand the point that the newwork is nearly unused so the fees we see now are just a tiny shard of the amount u can expect when first services that heavy utilize NEM blockchain go live

even 100x the fees we see now is easy possible

the useage of the NEM blockchain and the fees can raise

the amount of XEM will never raise

so its time to set ur claim now and to earn later

harvesting this days isnt much more than a prove of concept that POI can run a network

its not a income source as long as NEM isnt a used blockchain

I did these calculations for some reference, it is not a serious thing but is good to know. :sweat_smile:

how do you mining this altoin ? any pool which address???

how you mining this altcoin ? does it have a pool mining?> please guide…thanks

no mining this coin.
This is POI which is upgraded POS - you need coins to get more coins

but there are no rewards for staking, only harvesting fees, so returns are really low

you need to get a wallet and have 10 000 xem vested (it takes some days, if you get 100 K xem, 10 K will turn vested in one day.

In the last two months i have get 261 xem with 100 K, so
261 xem * 0.00002000 = 0.00522 BTC
0.00522 BTC * 1300 USD = 6,78 USD / 2 months

this is more than i pay for the VPS ( $1.5 / month , tip https://www.alpharacks.com/Easter2017 ) :wink: