How about electing a community manager?

Lon and Jeff had an amazing ability to cross cultural borders.
Marketing or not, we are high and dry at present.
Do not flog a dead horse.
Nem need new leaders and in reality a leader that makes positive business movements.
To employ from the backbench is redundant.

Personally we will see a lag effect of Lon and Jeff leaving in time…
Guaranteed.
In the words of the Joker “aggressive expansion”…
Can Nem compete?

1 Like

I partly agree with what Tony says. NEM lacks communication enormously and that is what makes its weak point. A lot of people are available to do community manager.

1 Like

I have to disagree with the youtube issue. Alex is covering very well every week the most important news and interviews all important projects and community proposals like travelbybit, choice, greenox, Besides we have influencers like Tony and others uploading content on Youtube as well.

And yeah, more video can be great but I don’t think this is the big deal.
NEM is focus in enterprise and we working on that. To achieve that we are launching a COE in Europe, NEM BC in KL is going to be a big hub for developers and blockcain projects in Asia. There are some job offers on the website.
No news it doesn’t mean that there are no work or things happening. A lot of things are happening but will be announced when are ready.

Where is a lack of communication? Which project or news or update were not covered by NEM?
Thanks

Sorry but the CM is one thing, and NEM exchange is another issue with no relation.
NEM was not in the top 10 before Lon or Jeff left. Market is sentimental, nobody cares about the technology, only speculation and hype, that’s the reason there are some shit in the top10 with only promises and 0 development.
Besides, Jeff and Lon are still with us. Changes are usually for better and takes time to see the new changes. Be patient.
As I said, we have at least 4 different channels on youtube (inside nem, tony, Cryptoclass, NEM latam) covering mostly everything.

Unless you are a bank you can’t do such a thing with Ripple. Bitcoin Cash, just check the supporters, they are like soccer hooligans… Time will put everybody in their position.

It’s not really the lack, but the way the communication is done.
I think we should not have the same business approach in the Asian and European markets, which are two different cultures with different approaches. For Youtube I’m nothing to say, Alex and Tony’s videos are perfect !

Specifically,
What is the CM doing?

Currently, many Japanese act voluntarily and create various applications.
But the world’s NEM community does not know what the Japanese made.

In Japan there are blogs that can only be viewed by those who own the mosaic.

There is also a service that logs in with a service that connects NEM addresses and e-mail addresses
https://nem-login.com/login

But there is a language barrier.
Many Japanese are incompatible with English. I am also a Google translation.
It is sad that the Japanese NEM application is not evaluated in the world.

2 Likes

Why has NEM seemingly ceded North America? Why all this talk about European and Asian hubs when what NEM really needs to do is hook up with some big North American partners? The fact is it is NEM vs. ETH - why let ETH have all the oxygen? If NEM is so business-focused how is it that everyone who counts is partnered with ETH in EEA? How did NEM allow this to happen? Why aren’t they competing when they are more than technically capable of doing so?

Maybe the supposed task of the CM woulbe like shown below:

And i agree with your opinion about the situation of NEM in japan and the world.
NEM developping seems really popular in japan but the world does not have the method to know it…

the task of the CM proposed in a comment which is above of this thread/このスレッドの上のほうに書いてある提案者の意見

4 Likes

Monitoring discussion… hmmm

I have to say that I agree 100% with GodTanu about the Japanese community. Is one or the most active doing a lot of projects and cool stuff but because is on Japanese language not so many people outside Japan knows about those things.
For example the Latam community is being proactive and launched a youtube channel and also are translating everything in Spanish because not everybody speak english.
I met Ninja, Coffee and Hinata in the Nem Bar. It would be nice if somebody of the community help to translate this projects or at least some of them in english.
I’ll ask about this to NEM marketing.

2 Likes

NEM is doing stuff in USA as well. Next week is the consensus in NYC, Nem is going to have a huge presence there. Stay tuned with updates and news!!

1 Like

I agree with you that Asian and Western markets are different, but we are talking about a CM, who is usually the person who manage the social media, channels and communication. Most of the Nem team speak english so everybody can manage the regional teams and communication in local languages and then use english to general channels.

Anyway I’m taking notes about this thread and I’ll make a report to Nem Marketing in order to improve our communication in all levels.

Hey Trikar
I noticed you mentioned Greeox above.
What exactly made you support this project?

I know it is a little off topic yet you are a rep in Australia and you did mention Greeox as being a project of Nem (Even though votes have only been open for a few days).
I feel it would be interesting to hear, especially like you and me we come from a country that has millions of acres of productive farm land
No I am not being a smart ass, I am genuinely perplexed at present.

It means little yet to a few more it might give some indication of where this intends to go.
In the real world you do not make money easy.
None/nil of your daily food comes from shipping containers, some may come from hydroponic setups, like lettuces, so what is the market.

Hi mate, for clarify I’m from Spain (Actually now I;m in Bilbao my home town) but yeah I’m from the Nem Aussie team. Next week move to HK work for NEM there.
I mention Greeox but I;m not supporting or against it. My personal opinion is that they need to separate the community proposal from the ICO.
In Australia I was in touch with some agriX startups, they were interested in NEM apostille for certificates and messsaging for traceability and record information. Greeox is from Vietnam. In Spain agriculture is huge as well but so far they are not using a lot tech, IOT or blockchain.

If you enter into the thread we can discuss better than here

Yes wrong thread, sorry.

Thank you for the many and valuable contributions.

I apologize in advance for the huge block of text that comes now. I will try to create small paragraphs so that the Google Translator can be used.

1. As mentioned above several times, this is not about Nem’s Youtube appear.
    I do not see any need for action there.

2. The Community Manager should have more tasks than this position has normal.
    What I mean, I can show you using the example of @GodTanu @Julico .

So we have a vibrant, creative community in Japan with high output. Most of the things that are created there remain in the dark for most Western observers. How could the CM help now?

• he / she is / are the representation officially chosen by the community there.

• Now collect material and projects in Japan, evaluate them and work on translations. For this, someone who is capable of translating from the community would have to be looked up and recruited locally.

• After he knows the language and understands the traditions, it is easy for him to get the necessary information from the respective project participants.

• In the last step, the translated, data with pictures and short keynotes would be transmitted to the Foundation. These could be integrated into nem.io. For this, the extra part NEM IN JAPAN would have to be created as an onepager.

• Or the community, with the help of the Foundation, creates its own page presenting its projects to the world. Which in my opinion would be great.

But all this work requires an organizer in the community. This is just one example of a bit of a structure in which the community could help everyone.

P.S. With Projects, i do not mean the Project Proposal processes

3 Likes

i translated into japanese, which is useful even if u using google translater…
必要ない方もいらっしゃるかとは存じますがざっくりと翻訳です。
あとここの機能がまだうまく使いこなせてなくてすみません、、、箇条書きとかむずかしい💦

多くのご意見感謝いたします。

グーグル翻訳を使用できるよう、小分けにして書こうと思いますが、
ここから長文になります、お許しください。

1.上で何度か触れられているように、この提案はNEMがYoutubeにもっと投稿するとかいう話ではありません、わたしはそこでアクションをとる必要を感じていません。

2.コミュニティー・マネージャーというのは、我々のような通常のコミュニティメンバーよりももっと多くのタスクをする必要があると考えています。
[@GodTanu]や [@Julico] が述べているような例だったりします。

密度が濃くて、活気ある創造的なコミュニティが日本にあって、そこで作られたもののほとんどは、西洋の目に入りません。
そこで、CMがいれば、何ができるでしょう?

・その人は、公式にそこのコミュニティによって代表者として選ばれた人(たち)となります。

・その地域の資料やプロジェクトを収集し、評価し、翻訳作業を行います。この作業のため、翻訳者は、その地域から探して採用しなくてはいけません。

・言語や伝統を理解している人たちなら、それぞれのプロジェクト参加者から必要な情報を簡単に入手することができます。

・そして翻訳された画像と簡潔な要点を含むデータを財団に送ります。これらはnem.ioのサイトに統合することができます。このため、NEM日本の余っている部分に進捗管理表を作る必要があります。

・それか、(日本の)コミュニティは、財団の助けを借りて、世界に日本のプロジェクトを示す独自サイトを作ったらよいのではないでしょうか、私の考えではすばらしいものになるかと思います。

このすべての作業には、コミュニティの主催者が必要です。これはコミュニティがみんなのことを助けることができる組織化の、ちょっとした一例に過ぎません。

P.S.「プロジェクト」といっていますが、プロジェクト提案プロセスそのものを意味していません。

3 Likes

I’m sure that helps, thanks

1 Like

In this discussion, it sounds like there is some dissatisfaction with the foundation from the community (e.g. slow moving). It would be helpful if the community could put together a list of things that the foundation could be doing better or should be doing that it is not.

If you put together such a list, I’ll make sure the foundation sees it.

5 Likes