How about electing a community manager?

I posted this in a thread.
It may not make any list but I just thought it may be of interest.
Link to thread.

It is glaringly obvious that the Devs/programmers supporting and using Nem have no home base.

1 Like

I created this google form. Anybody can write feedback and ideas. It’s anonymous (if you want to put a nickname or email it’s up to you). Thanks @Jaguar0625 for the idea.
https://goo.gl/forms/WKk6MN6Al5DDj20o1

Thanks

2 Likes

Let’s make NEM great again :wink:
I like the idea of the Google Form @Trikar_Blockchain @Jaguar0625

2 Likes

I’m sure at least 80% of the feedback will be total nonsense when I read the stuff in Nemberia. A list is the least appropriate way to communicate. But well, what the hell.

Then why did you recently post a new topic with links to the list?

Because sometimes you have to take in life what you are given and you have to make the best out of it. And this list is better than nothing. That’s what I basically summarized in “what the hell”. think and connect

1 Like

What is an alternative to the list?
Quite frankly I really do not feel the need for anonominity myself to make suggestions as suggestions are only suggestions.
I can make them here, yet some people may need this anonominity for some reasons, I guess depending on their public profile.

Also what if someone or a group spammed the list with their own interests?
Who would discern what is legitimate and what is some sock puppet stuff?

So this list goes to the Foundation… do you think sock puppets could arise and fill the list with one sided objectives?

Rather risky when we do not get to see the content and it is guaranteed to go to the foundation.

Annonymity is up to you. The point of the list is not about WHO, is about HOW and WHAT NEM can improve.
Anyway All the feedback is already here, but it’s easy and faster read that in a list. This forum is open and anybody can write any ideas, feedback and criticism.

No this does not address sock puppets.
This is cyrpto and we are all well aware of shills and sock puppets.
There is no valid respond or argument here.
You are just reiterating what you posted hours ago.

I’m happy to see a dev in here responding and the google form is not that bad of an idea - I’m not sure what you think may happen if someone uses a socket puppet to spam a certain idea. I would imagine the Foundation won’t take action on the idea if they believe it is a bad use of resources or would have a negative impact on the NEM community.

Maybe you could give some examples as I’m struggling to see a really bad outcome, maybe some issues getting overlooked? But I hope they will take all the feedback seriously.

Also want to say I really enjoyed the two NEM in Action videos this week, especially the last one. This is the kind of stuff I was talking about in regards to more YouTube content, I know some thought it wasn’t a big deal (and it’s not huge) but I think 150 videos a year will bring a lot more people to NEM than 25-30.

1 Like

You did not reply to anyone, yet you asked for examples, well the Binance Nexus vote is one.

Don’t be combative we should be constructive here. I didn’t dismiss your point, I just didn’t entirely understand it.

I don’t know much about the Binance Nexus vote, but I don’t see how a Binance coin listing vote (I’m guessing that is what it was) is relevant to a feedback form. It won’t be a vote where the problem with the most feedback gets solved and the rest are ignored.

We should try it this way, the foundation should come back with us with what they got from the process, give us a general plan as to how they will take action and we can continue the discussion from there.

I am a little bit sad. Community started with the idea of creating community manager. We started discussing it, with interruptions about marketing stuff which is totally out of topic stuff. Then Trkar, NEM Foundation employee came here stating we don’t need community manager as NEM has few public figures that are fitting in the role. (No bad feelings @Trikar_Blockchain, you are one of the hardest working NEM employees)
Then in the topic in which we discuss the lack of community manager and community interaction you guys posted a google form asking what community lacks. I think it’s funny.

5 Likes

So did this thread die? Or is there any constructive feedback / progress?

I think the idea of having community managers (probably per region) is a good one. It is probably best for them to be independent of the foundation. But, they might be more likely to succeed with support from the foundation. So, if there are current hinderances/roadblocks, they would be good to identify and remove.

4 Likes

I added a suggestion to the Google form.
It is very easy to use, as for discussion here I will keep quiet for a while and let other discuss issues, as I do often confuse things a bit.
Thanks for Bumping the topic.

Cheers

Dead? No! But your comment has dampened the interaction. The proposal with the list was understood as a solution, for the topic discussed here.

I’m glad you rated the thing with the Community Management in a similar way.
For this, one could consider different models.
I would be very happy if the conversation would continue in this direction.

A short question would I have left? Did you actually receive the list?

Perhaps a small note to @all. It would be nice if you advertise for the forum as a whole platform. There is a lot in Telegram and Twitter posted and spoken, the forum comes here too short. Anyway, we have the problem that the community has shrunk. And now comes that you are so scattered across all the channels.

i have not received the list, that is why i bumped this thread.

So the form has been created by @Trikar_Blockchain and he shared link for it. I think he maby has the results. I asked @mizunashi to share it in Japan. He was so nice and shared it via Twitter.

NEM COMMUNITY MANAGER
                  (Purely speculative ideas, just for the discussion)

Maybe:

1. Community chooses it from within its own ranks and the Foundation works with them.

2.The Foundation nominates itself.

Function:

• Connection between community and foundation.
  • Collect and evaluate community ideas and suggestions.
  • Moderator in different channels.
  • Advertise and issue community bounties such as Youtube or Nem101
  • Organization of community events in the respective region.
  • Organization and development of strucktur within the respective community.

As?:

-Each continent gets a community GM.
-The GM are looking for and appointing about 4 community managers and dividing their region.

Hurdles:

1. Creation of an ability list for the candidates.
    2.The opinion and cooperation of the foundation.