I am pretty confident we are the new wealthy elite*

After seeing this thread on BTT i am having the same feeling. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=12156.0

1NEM= 1USD in next 5 years, possible?

After seeing this thread on BTT i am having the same feeling. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=12156.0

no one thought 1 btc > 1 ounce of gold in < 5 years so i dont see why not.. 1 nem = 1 usd isnt even a higher cap than btc.

no one thought 1 btc > 1 ounce of gold in < 5 years so i dont see why not.. 1 nem = 1 usd isnt even a higher cap than btc.

hopefully it will be "wealthy", not "filthy"  ;)

That can be possible, if the NEM system starts working...
AND there will be NEM spenders.

Our tech is a lot better than bitcoin. If we can make it easy for the avg person to use, we will be unstoppable.

Our tech is a lot better than bitcoin. If we can make it easy for the avg person to use, we will be unstoppable.
once nem can do 80k-90k of transactions a day then you can say that about the tech.

NEM could be really big, it depends on us.

once nem can do 80k-90k of transactions a day then you can say that about the tech.

Write a spam bot to try it out.

Would love to but the devs don't want us to spam before the fork.

Would love to but the devs don't want us to spam before the fork.

It is a matter of time though to see the truth.

In this context  8)

https://forum.emunie.com/threads/treeless-blockless-say-what.2015/

I guess NEM and EMUNIE features together… wow package!

Emunie's is a very interesting project but its delays don't inspire confidence at all.  It was suppose to have its open beta 1.5 years ago.  They supposedly keep on having "very successful closed betas" but so have lots of other coins that actually completely flopped later. 

While NEM has had some delays too as many people originally talked about it being released in summer, we have had an open beta for quite sometime now and could have gone live, but the devs are waiting to do it right.

At this rate in 1.5 years NEM could have already become a real world token of value and Emunie will just be finishing there open beta. 

If the dev of Emunie can pull off what he is trying to do, it will be quite impressive, but there is just one main dev. In comparison there are a handful of core devs in NEM that keep each other in check.  I am sure the behind the scenes conversations can get quite stressful at times, but they are doing a really great job of balancing each other out.  The proof is in the beta.  We have one, and they don't despite the fact that they started writing code a year before us.  He is just one guy and there isn't really a balance to check him. 

So I do think that NEM will go on to be worth a lot of money and see it easily becoming the main proof-of-x platform that will compete with Bitcoin.  The momentum is here and there are a lot of great ideas being discussed.  One thing that I find interesting about NEM is when great ideas are being discussed, it isn't just a pump, they are actually coming true. 

In this context  8)

https://forum.emunie.com/threads/treeless-blockless-say-what.2015/

I guess NEM and EMUNIE features together... wow package!

Emunie still exist hmmm  :P i know it takes time to develop a coin but they really took too much time. People kind of lost interest in emunie.

i hope this is the start :neutral_face:

I would do two things for gain mass adoption if i were the dev team.

1.- Open a Decentrilized market place inside the NEM wallet. or decentralized assets exchange

2.- Anonymous transactions, Anonymous transactions is a tendency.

Road to 1 usd per XEM. :slight_smile:

Now 0.10 to 1 Dollar, its not impossible

I think because of the economics of POI, we really have a chance to just keep on going up.

In POW, people have to mine and dump, but in NEM, people don’t have to dump. That means no forced sell pressure, just a natural growing community but limited supply.

Bitcoin miners dump $1m each day. Think what would happen to NEM’s marketcap if $1m in new money came in each day and ate up buy walls.

Bitcoin mining is expensive, but when there is value, the cost is simply a line item. Bitcoin and Ripple will continue to go up in value, because people use them and rely on them. In order for NEM to see a similar rise in value, it must be built upon, and needed by the masses. This is what makes Facebook and YouTube so valuable. Even if NEM has the best blockchain infrastructure, without valuable applications running on the blockchain, the value will not rise.

I’m not pretty confident we are the new wealthy elite. The true wealthy have more than us, and they will be able utilize blockchain technology to become even wealthier. Ripple is backed by Google and Apple, and lots of banks. Bankers aren’t as dumb as they look, and they’re not going to let this blockchain bonanza pass them by.

Do you have any idea what could be build on that ?!
Land registry , luxtag and apostille are really good user cases for the NEM blockchain.

Also this thing like public DB for drugs and medicines to avoid counterfeit could be build on that.
The EU has such project but does not involve blockchain technology.

I’m still thinking in what other industies or sectors could the blockchain be used to improve or disrupt the current business model and to help common people not only corporations.

Unfortunately nothing comes to my mind yet :confused:
I hope i will get some idea soon so that i could implement this and start my own business using NEM blockchain.

Hello everybody,

seems as if the title of the thread actually became reality. So congrats to all of you who kept their stakes. Although I don’t know much about altcoins I was also part of NEM from the very beginning (a friend talked me into it) but due to a “good advice” to sell in 2015, I missed out on the happy end. I’ll probably regret this for the rest of my life…

Enjoy the time to come!