Lost my Nem? Please help

This doesn’t look good :frowning:
Maybe continue with private message s.

1 Like

hello can you pm me?. my new nick got max replies per day.

hello can you pm my nick?

invited you

I unlcoked your original account, you should be able to make more replies in 24 hours now.

Thanks so much, do you have any idea for my situation? i dont believe i lost Nem :frowning:

Sorry I don’t know how to help you. It is most likely a user error. I locked myself out an encrypted wallet before, still have no clue why. Since then I always make multiple backups, and check I can gain access to my encrypted wallets BEFORE I have any crypto in them.

My guess is that you had multiple .wlt files, and the wrong one was backed up.

It sounds like @BloodyRookie is helping you out via private chat. You have a lot of XEM, it might be worth it to you to hire someone to help you troubleshoot further (someone reputable obviously).

Yes, maybe i backed up the wrong files. Can i prove that my Nem is mine, Can Nem Admin back this to another account?
If not, i will lost much money :frowning: that is all my capital :frowning:

You said you re-installed your Windows, did you do an upgrade or re-install or format the drives? Have you tried doing a search on your whole hard drive for *.wlt. The other way is probably use some kind of data recovery tool to find the wlt files.

Another thing (just a shot in the dark), is to try re-installing the old version of NCC (the one where your wallet worked), and import it into there?

can you find the old version of NCC for me? i did but dont find anymore

How should that help? The accounts live in the wallet.

Thanks, do you have any idea for me. Now i am so disappointed :(.

I know this has probably been mentioned, but you need to make sure you are connected to a node. I was scared for a while not seeing my XEM and then I clicked up by that little red button I saw in the upper right hand side and chose an active node… the light turned green and my balance showed up. They should probably pin a thread telling people to make sure their node is active.

@dissident: he doesn’t have problems because he is not connected to a node, we are talking about a lost account (lost in the sense that he neither has the private key nor a wallet that caontains the account).

Got ya… yeah I lost a stake that way. I still have the address and the old wallet password, but never saved the private key and lost the wallet. That’s a “you’re screwed” right there. If it makes you feel better OP, here’s the address of my lost stake.

http://chain.nem.ninja/#/search/NBVJRKLWYVLAHDQGIJWX7BUVPFGQAXHGFHIMI4IO

I still do have one stake (yeah I cheated to get a second one back then) … just to make it interesting… 500,000 XEM reward from this address if you can get me it back (which I know nobody can, lol) I spent hours digging through deleted files using recovery software looking for that wallet, and that was in 2016 when the stake was only worth $30K. Unfortunately the solid state drive I purposely used to increase security might have worked to keep me from recovering that wallet. These drives use the TRIM command which basically removes the data and that’s it… gone.

I was very upset at the time, but with the technology we have here and the remaining stake I do have, I can’t complain. This tech is the best out there right now. Bring on Catapult.

Reading this forum lately: looks like broad distribution of initial stakes caused significant amount of XEM got lost. Maybe this is the reason for price being so high. Core “believers” are holding forever and noobs can’t sell because they don’t have access to their stakes any more…

I think you’re right rajc re: noobs and original “believers”. Also, If the “noobs” original stakes are unrecoverable (which may be hard to prove), perhaps the XEM from these accounts should be trimmed from the 8,999,999,999 supply(with some kind of notice period to the account holders beforehand on the forums) not sure if it’s possible trim, or use those XEM towards development/marketing…

@matnemroi

• What was the names of the wallets and address book files you saved from C:\Users<your computername>\nem\ncc\ (was it the same as the name of the wallet you viewed in your old NCC?)
  • Where did you save it to, e.g. USB stick, then was the same named wallet file restored on your new system?
  • Can you still see addresses from your address book file on the new NCC?
    Apologies if my questions are invalid, just trying to help.

No different than any other crypto… the easy way in which accounts can be lost is why cryptos will never be mainstream among the general population, rather the technology will be adopted by businesses who will then present it to the end user in a way they can manage it without mistakes.

I’m sure half the bitcoins in circulation are likely lost as well. Half of any major crypto that trades. In that case XEM is no different than any of the other big coins… they all have large amounts of lost coin.

See for yourself

The number one dormant bitcoin account in this post has 79,000 BTC. That’s about the same as 460 stakes of XEM, or $138,000,000 in USD, and that’s just one address.

lol
like hearing myself :smiley: