Lost nem, is it gone forever?

I claimed a stake around september of 2015 and thought that my password was the same as nxts system, where the password was the private key. I reinstalled nem and seemed to have no way of getting the old account back. I assume it’s gone forever?

You should have the private key to your account even if you lost the password to your wallet. That would be enough to recover your xem.

If you have the private key, just make a new wallet and use the private key to add an account to you wallet.

I don’t think i have the private key, just the password

I’m afraid that if you lost your wallet files and don’t have the private key, you won’t be able to get access to you account. :cold_sweat:

were are the wallet files stored in the older version?

In windows it’s probably something like C:\Users"YOUR_USER_NAME"\nem\ncc

thank god, found it in the recycle bin. 5.5 mil almost gone if i emptied it, haha

1 Like

Good for you !
Man that would have sucked !

Now make sure you backup your private keys. But you figured that one out already I suppose :smile:

Nice, close one ! :smiley:

Hello, i dont remember the password or the private key but i have the NEM files in the USERS folder? can i recover my account with that?

Was this problem solved, logart?

I lost my password too… all that I have is my .wlt and .adb files. Can I recover my NEM account? Anyone could help me with this issue?

And you also have no private key for the account?
Did you every backup your wallet?

I backup my wallet and I have two files .wlt and .adb in the zip, but I lost my password to the wallet. Only I have are those files. the private key is in that file .wlt??

i have sent you a pm

1 Like

Hey!
I have the same problem now.
Did you got an answer?
Have you got the fix for this problem?

No, the problem could not be solved.
So what’s your situation, any backup of your wallet available and if, from what time?

Ahh that’s such a bummer.
It’s as Paulerzst says.
I have the zip file, the name of the wallet and the password for that wallet.

Too bad I don’t have the private key stored.
My computer crashed and I thought that the backup zip file was enough to recover the coins

Edit: The backup file is about 5 months old, I’ll check it for sure if it makes a difference.

PS: thanks for the fast reply

If you have the zip file and the wallet’s password, where is the problem?