NEM Beta 0.4.17

Next time there are a lot of transactions look at the block explorer and you will see that transactions block numbers get mixed up for example transactions with a high block number get thrown in with lower block numbers and lower block numbers get thrown in with higher blocks. When there are more then 60 transactions in block it gets messed up.

Forget what blockexplorer is telling you. You can't trust those informations.
We wanted to have superfast response time which is why we put redis between the API and NIS. Unfortunately this behaves very weirdly because of rewrites that happen naturally.
Until further notice don't trust the blockexplorer.

Ok thanks for the information but its hard to know which are bugs and which arent due to misleading information and incomplete network features.

thats not me sending money doing 60 transactions / block

:slight_smile:

Im spamming but not at a fast rate the problem is when blocks take over 3 min then a backlog of transactions happen. This is something that will happen when NEM goes live.

Im spamming but not at a fast rate the problem is when blocks take over 3 min then a backlog of transactions happen. This is something that will happen when NEM goes live.

I think its valid as I think the firsts transactions wil be near 60 transactions + some transactions from exchange.

I noticed when there is a 60tx block, the notebook heats up more then conventional, and I'm able to hear the coller getting faster..

;)

During the last night NIS has stopped.
Today NCC said: "NIS is not available".

When closed the wallet and the NCC tab from the browser,
NEM-icon in Task bar said: "NIS is starting, NCC is stopped"

waited 15 minutes…
  still "NIS is starting, NCC is stopped".

Exit and shutdown.
Started NEM monitor again.

NEM-icon in Task bar: "NIS is starting, NCC is running"   

waited 15 minutes…
    still "NIS is starting, NCC is stopped".

Is the reason again in the "automatic update of webstart"?

After the last 0.4.17 installation there was not any desktop icon created.
So, the NOM must(?) be started from the webstart page.
Now there in http://bob.nem.ninja/webstart/ was a new version behind the link
and 0.4.20 was ( "secretly" :slight_smile: ) tried to be installed.
It was running a day or two quite well …  until the last night.

@nxkoil my windows machine also stopped About 10 hours ago. My linux machine was working very well. Windows installed the version 0.4.20 for both NIS and NCC now. [emoji13]

You had problems with 0.4.17 probably because last night (early moning here in europe) there was heavy traffic in the network.

You had problems with 0.4.17 probably because last night (early moning here in europe) there was heavy traffic in the network.

You meant Parana ... ?

My "NIS is starting" note remains after few restarts, never getting to "NIS is running". Possibly the reason is again such that all the data of the previous installation must be removed.
This is the downside of the webstart: the user does not know, if there is a new version and then he does not make the required operations...

You meant Parana ... ?
My "NIS is starting" note remains after few restarts, never getting to "NIS is running". Possibly the reason is again such that all the data of the previous installation must be removed.
This is the downside of the webstart: the user does not know, if there is a new version and then he does not make the required operations...

I just clicked the nem-monitor.jnlp . Just take about 3 minutes to start the Nem Monitor and + 2 for the Nis Booting.

I did not needed delete anything this time. I think it was a little slow at start, but worked very well here, and still working.

@ BloodyRookie: i really dont like so much the size of DB: Its about 160 MB for 35 K blocks. I'm thinking run Nem on my Pi whith a SD card as HD.

I know the bots make a mass with the size, but it could be more "7zipped"

=)

May I suggest putting some kind of a user interface notification in the NCC while the NIS is loading? I was looking at the log files as NIS was taking several minutes to load and noticed it was doing things like verifying blocks, initializing, etc. Some sort of visual notification to the user that this is going on (with a progress bar based on the total number of blocks to analyze even) would greatly enhance the user experience.

In the times when I have had a NIS process running for whatever reason in the background which cause my db file to be locked, I got no kind of notification of this in the client and therefore was waiting around forever until I realized that the db was locked. Instead of dumping all error messages into a log, a visual notification in the client in addition to dumping to a log would be preferred I think.

Unrelated to my previous post, but I also noticed that if you attempt to view client info while NIS is in the process of booting once you get into the client, you will get the following error message:

ERROR 600
NCC requires NIS server to be booted for sending and receiving transactions from the NEM cloud. Please use the NCC menu entry for booting the local node.

I don't think this error is relevant to viewing the client info and might be a bug.

EDIT: I should note that I am running 0.4.20, not 0.4.17. Just in case that matters.

EDIT 2: I assume this error is being thrown because NIS info is also shown in this info dialog. I think it would be better to just have text such as "NIS local node not booted." for the NIS info instead of throwing up a fairly unrelated and confusing error message if this is the case.

Unrelated to my previous post, but I also noticed that if you attempt to view client info while NIS is in the process of booting once you get into the client, you will get the following error message:

ERROR 600
NCC requires NIS server to be booted for sending and receiving transactions from the NEM cloud. Please use the NCC menu entry for booting the local node.

I don't think this error is relevant to viewing the client info and might be a bug.

EDIT: I should note that I am running 0.4.20, not 0.4.17. Just in case that matters.

EDIT 2: I assume this error is being thrown because NIS info is also shown in this info dialog. I think it would be better to just have text such as "NIS local node not booted." for the NIS info instead of throwing up a fairly unrelated and confusing error message if this is the case.

My NCC is also getting Error 305  - NIS is not available, when Client Info command is given.

Client Info  would show also NIS info, but it is not geting so far. Only NCC version is got: 0.4.20-BETA.

NCC says that "NIS is synchronized", but the block level was far away from the highest block that was in BlockchainExplorer.
Now NCC is still saying that "NIS is synchronized", though it is not reached...
the last confirmed transaction, which the NCC shows is "Nov 10, 2014 23:19:10".
Performance problems?  ... busy NEM network?

This is the situation, though 0.4.20 was installed with the long procedure.

Edit:
nis-0.log:
INFO: Time synchronization: found 0 nodes to synchronize with.
WARNING: no suitable peers found to sync with

ncc-0.log:
WARNING: Timer TIME SYNCHRONIZATION raised exception: org.nem.core.connect.FatalPeerException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: no further information

Edit2:
installed 0.4.28-BETA but the result is quite the same
The last transaction is "Nov 10, 2014 23:19:10",
NCC is "(at block 31601)", and it says that "NIS is synhronized",
though BlockChainExplorer's last block is 34517.

Now this starts being interesting ...  :(

When pressing "Client Info", comes an error:
"ERROR 500
An error occurred that the development team did not have foreseen. Apologies for this, maybe a retry might help. Otherwise, please open up an issue within the NEM NIS/NCC community."

Edit:
shutdown and restarted NEM Mon...
It started synchronizing from that last block ... seems to go better now ...
...now in Nov 11, 2014 19:32:49 ...
  and reached  (at block 34557) = BlockChainExplorer's last block.
Maybe everything is now well ... x
                                                    \o

May I suggest putting some kind of a user interface notification in the NCC while the NIS is loading? I was looking at the log files as NIS was taking several minutes to load and noticed it was doing things like verifying blocks, initializing, etc. Some sort of visual notification to the user that this is going on (with a progress bar based on the total number of blocks to analyze even) would greatly enhance the user experience.

[...]

+10

run Nem client and come here:

http://chain.nem.ninja/checknis/

It should show you : "We have successfully reached your node! "

If its not shown, there are some problem with the network configuration.

:slight_smile: