NEM Beta 0.4.17

Hi nxkoil,

thanks for your comprehensive description. Good work :slight_smile:
Glad you could synchronize.

Bloody Rookie

I am getting lots of weird confirmations in my client from the spam.  They should go in order with a correlation of time and block in most cases, but these are not. 

Here are the screen shots.  I can save my database too if you want, just let me know. https://www.dropbox.com/s/oszc3mlzlhq6idj/screenshot%2C%20strange%20confirmations.7z?dl=0

Zip version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o8kiraa5rv7v0ia/screenshot%2C%20strange%20confirmations.zip?dl=0

The last time this happened, the data in the client just rearranged itself automatically in the right order, but then later on there was a fork in the network too. 

I am getting lots of weird confirmations in my client from the spam.  They should go in order with a correlation of time and block in most cases, but these are not. 

Here are the screen shots.  I can save my database too if you want, just let me know. https://www.dropbox.com/s/oszc3mlzlhq6idj/screenshot%2C%20strange%20confirmations.7z?dl=0

Zip version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o8kiraa5rv7v0ia/screenshot%2C%20strange%20confirmations.zip?dl=0

The last time this happened, the data in the client just rearranged itself automatically in the right order, but then later on there was a fork in the network too.

And it seems to just have fixed itself.  Not sure why. https://www.dropbox.com/s/mdjuqoq1l3pwbo8/screeshot%20strange%20comfrim%20fixed.zip?dl=0

I guess that is a good thing.

@jabo: I added your address on my bot to send you money.

sometimes you'll get some nems =)

@jabo: I added your address on my bot to send you money.

sometimes you'll get some nems =)

sounds good  8)  spam away

@jabo38s: next time you see the confimations inconsistent, could you write down the exact time and give me the log? I have the feeling the inconsistent diplay comes from your node syncing at that moment. Just a feeling though.

With this scripts running beta 0.4.17 need mach computer power and wen NXT and NEM Wallets running together NIS stuck and try restarting - web version
My system is Intel Core™Duo CPU E7200 @2.53GHz Ram 4GB(3.24)-3.24GB in use 800MHz
And OS is Windows 7 32bit Ultimate

With this scripts running beta 0.4.17 need mach computer power and wen NXT and NEM Wallets running together NIS stuck and try restarting - web version
My system is Intel Core(TM)Duo CPU E7200 @2.53GHz Ram 4GB(3.24)-3.24GB in use 800MHz
And OS is Windows 7 32bit Ultimate

Scripts put pressure on NIS/NICC. But we are trying to optimize more stuff. Hope it helps.
When I put anything but a NEM address in the recipient's account under "send NEM". I get "An error occurred that the development team did not have foreseen."
Btw. although I'm not that good with English and I'm not certain about this at all. Shouldn't it be "...that the development team did not foresee."?

You should add a warning if you're trying to send a higher fee than necessary, it's pretty easy to put on one 0 to much.

You should make an option in NCC to not list transactions under a choose limit. A rich person would likely not want to see his main account be filled with 1 NEM transactions.

In the future you should probably be able to blacklist an address or something (if someone sends 100s of transactions to you with 0 nem in them). Like now, my whole transaction page is filled with transactions from "Parana's 2nd bot".

Another problem is that the current balance doesn't update instantly when you press send NEM.

I know the reason for this is that "...because it is not clear at that point if the transaction gets included in a harvested block.". But if we want NEM to become main stream it's more important that it works like stuff people are used to. That explanation doesn't make the average person feel any better about it. Say that you bought something for $500 with your credit card. How strange wouldn't it be if the credit cards balance didn't update until like a minute after you made the purchase. It is way way better if it changes instantly to the user, and if it for some reason wouldn't get included in a block the balance should be updated again to display the correct balance.

You should really consider changing/fixing these things. Especially the last "problem", I can't stress it enough.

When I put anything but a NEM address in the recipient's account under "send NEM". I get "An error occurred that the development team did not have foreseen."
Btw. although I'm not that good with English and I'm not certain about this at all. Shouldn't it be "...that the development team did not foresee."?

Right, we already found that wrong translation. I wonder why we didn't fix it ^^

You should add a warning if you're trying to send a higher fee than necessary, it's pretty easy to put on one 0 to much.

We will include a checkbox "use minimum fee" which is initially checked. Unchecking will give the user the responsibility to check if the fee is ok.

You should make an option in NCC to not list transactions under a choose limit. A rich person would likely not want to see his main account be filled with 1 NEM transactions.

In the future you should probably be able to blacklist an address or something (if someone sends 100s of transactions to you with 0 nem in them). Like now, my whole transaction page is filled with transactions from "Parana's 2nd bot"

Hmm... I will talk to our GUI developer about this.

Another problem is that the current balance doesn't update instantly when you press send NEM.
I know the reason for this is that "...because it is not clear at that point if the transaction gets included in a harvested block.". But if we want NEM to become main stream it's more important that it works like stuff people are used to. That explanation doesn't make the average person feel any better about it. Say that you bought something for $500 with your credit card. How strange wouldn't it be if the credit cards balance didn't update until like a minute after you made the purchase. It is way way better if it changes instantly to the user, and if it for some reason wouldn't get included in a block the balance should be updated again to display the correct balance.

You should really consider changing/fixing these things. Especially the last "problem", I can't stress it enough.

I guess we need to show a confirmed balance like we do right now and add something like "(debit of x NEM pending)"
I am pretty sure that when you make a credit card transaction, your balance is still showing the old amount while the transaction is processed. Processing in the world of cryto currencies takes a bit longer that's why the confirmed balance shows the old amount for longer.

Bloody Rookie

A little update at the bot (first page of this OP) to spam nem over network

Pls, tell me when to make more or less transactions and bigger  values.

:smiley:

In the future you should probably be able to blacklist an address or something (if someone sends 100s of transactions to you with 0 nem in them). Like now, my whole transaction page is filled with transactions from "Parana's 2nd bot"

Hmm... I will talk to our GUI developer about this.

There is a github issue which includes this: https://github.com/NewEconomyMovement/NemCommunityClient/issues/187
But I think the priority is not the "amount" filter but the "time" filter.
Think about online banking. Does anybody know an online banking web interface where you can chose to not display transactions below XY

A little update at the bot (first page of this OP) to spam nem over network

Pls, tell me when to make more or less transactions and bigger  values.

:D

In principle you can run your bot and create transaction up to the limit of 60 tx/block. But keep in mind that for new users syncing takes longer if we have a lot of transactions.

@jabo38s: next time you see the confimations inconsistent, could you write down the exact time and give me the log? I have the feeling the inconsistent diplay comes from your node syncing at that moment. Just a feeling though.

I've been watching but haven't gotten it yet.  It has only happened twice but when it does, I will let you know.

As of right now two bots (one from Parana) have been spamming me often and it has been going well. 

@jabo38s: I think I have identified the problem. I dont know if the fix will make it into the next release, let's hope so.

@jabo38s: I think I have identified the problem. I dont know if the fix will make it into the next release, let's hope so.

It is happening again right now.

All transactions right now are okay, but transactions from about 21 hours ago to 9 hours ago have a weird pattern.

I have copied the whole NEM folder and am taking more screen shots to send to you.

It is 11/9/2014 at 3:30 PM my time here right now as I took those screen shots and made a copy of the NEM folder.  Not sure the time where you are at.  Here is all the information I collected.  https://www.dropbox.com/s/hdi3pqu365pda3s/jabo%20to%20BR.zip?dl=0

Edit: I have just now closed down Chrome and reopened NCC and all the confirmations are in order now, just like they should be. 

Next time there are a lot of transactions look at the block explorer and you will see that transactions block numbers get mixed up for example transactions with a high block number get thrown in with lower block numbers and lower block numbers get thrown in with higher blocks. When there are more then 60 transactions in block it gets messed up.

Next time there are a lot of transactions look at the block explorer and you will see that transactions block numbers get mixed up for example transactions with a high block number get thrown in with lower block numbers and lower block numbers get thrown in with higher blocks. When there are more then 60 transactions in block it gets messed up.

I didn't check the blockchain explorer this time but I did before and my client differed.  I thought the same thing as you, but that case really only applies when the blocks are full, once a couple blocks pass by that were under 60, it shouldn't be a problem.  The case with my client thought was showing much more serious differences.  I'm talking like over many hours and hundreds of blocks being skipped and processed later than they should have been.  (the funny thing is the blockchain explorer confirms them in the correct order, just my client doesn't.)

And then with a lot of clicking within the NEM client or closing down chrome and starting it right back up a second later then all of a sudden all the transactions and blocks are nice and in order matching the blockchain explorer. 

I leave my computer on 24/7 often and NEM is harvesting while this is happening but it might be kind of half asleep or something and that is why it is happening.  That is my best guess anyway.  Basically, that I leave my computer on for like 12 hours doing nothing but running NEM while I sleep. 

That is strange, i haven't looked at my wallets that close but i will take a look the next time im spamming .