NEM Beta 0.4.30

<br /><br />&nbsp; &nbsp; <b><b>Beta 0.4.30 is here!</b></b><br />&nbsp; &nbsp;  <br />&nbsp; &nbsp; This is a mandatory release. Nodes running 0.4.28 or less are stuck and will not be able to synchronize with 0.4.30 nodes.<br />&nbsp; &nbsp;  <br />&nbsp; &nbsp; [hr]<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; Changes:<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; <ol><br />&nbsp; &nbsp; [li]<b>We fixed a bug in the calculation of the vested balance which prevented harvesters from creating new blocks</b>[/li]<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; </ul><br />&nbsp; &nbsp; [hr]<br />&nbsp; &nbsp;  <br />&nbsp; &nbsp; **NEM requires Java 8**<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; You can start NCC and NIS with the following link:<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; http://bob.nem.ninja/webstart/nem-monitor.jnlp<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; Alternatively, you could just shutdown and restart NEM monitor by double-clicking the NEM icon on the desktop.<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; Standalone version: http://bob.nem.ninja/<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; [hr]<br />&nbsp; &nbsp;  <br />&nbsp; &nbsp; Usual Troubleshooting Guide:<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; <ol><br />&nbsp; &nbsp; [li]<b>Standalone</b> - shouldn&#039;t have issues with this release.[/li]<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; [li]<b>Webstart</b>, <ol><br />&nbsp; &nbsp; [li]kill any running jawa/jawaws processes[/li]<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; [li]Go to <b>java control panel</b>, and hit &quot;View...&quot; (can be run with javaws -viewer)<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; <ol><br />&nbsp; &nbsp; [li]from &quot;applications&quot; remove both NCC and NIS[/li]<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; [li]to be sure check resources and clean them all (this will cause redownload of everything, which might take a bit, but should help with most of the problems)[/li]<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; </ul><br />&nbsp; &nbsp; There is a detailed post on how to remove the NEM software prior to installing the new version in the ournem forum:<br />https://forum.ournem.com/index.php?topic=2635.msg8834#msg8834<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; [/li]<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; [li]If you end up on a fork, go to c:\users\<i>&lt;username&gt;</i>\nem\nis and delete data subdirectory[/li]<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; </ul>[/li]<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; </ul><br /><br />&nbsp; &nbsp; Enjoy the new version :) <br /><br />

Blockexplorer got stucked at 36977  :cry:

My linux version got bugged tre DB again.

File corruypted while reading record " 85311 of 84223"

Later I can send the DB and logs

Edit: Windows version running smooth.

What has been the problem? Is it very crypto specific or general coding matter ?
Just curious : is the corrected code public? :slight_smile:

Blockexplorer got stucked at 36977  :'(

Pat didn't upgrade yet.

My linux version got bugged tre DB again.

Sorry to hear that. But that had nothing to so with the bug/upgrade.

Working good here. NIS is synchronized at block 37152

What has been the problem? Is it very crypto specific or general coding matter ?
Just curious : is the corrected code public? :)

General coding bug. The vested balance was calculated incorrectly in rare situations. Such a situation happened today and made it impossible to generate new valid blocks.
The irony is that it was me who made the transaction that caused the bug to cause trouble  :D

Just curious : is the corrected code public? :)

General coding bug. The vested balance was calculated incorrectly in rare situations. Such a situation happened today and made it impossible to generate new valid blocks.
The irony is that it was me who made the transaction that caused the bug to cause trouble  :D

Maybe there is some inner intelligence and the "own dog" recognizes, who to bite :)

Have there been any reviews?
In NXT there was those bug hunting contests ... are NEM codes so bug-free that such contests are needless :)

There is no bug free code that is that complex :wink:
But we coded a lot of tests so I guess it contains less bugs than nxt in the beginning.
Once we open source, we will give bounties to the people who find bugs.
Rigel already found a fatal bug and will get a bounty :slight_smile:

Thanks for the work guys.  :slight_smile:

just as statistics:

My linux DB got synced whith 35 minutes using a @30 MB internet speed.

This was faster than the previons versions.

Good work guys!!!

Edit: @BloodyRookie: The DB got bug, probably cause the Bot. The bot made a lot of transactions after the blockchain got stucked.

And always need to restart computer to be able to run the Nis, or it crashes I have no idea why.

;D

0.4.30 works fine.
My weak laptope underwent last 60 tx/block tests successfully. It waits 120  :slight_smile:
I don't see nis-ncc-0.4.30.tgz.sig file [url=http://bob.nem.ninja/]on the download page.

@andme : gimre will supply the sig a bit later.

0.4.30 works fine.
My weak laptope underwent last 60 tx/block tests successfully. It waits 120  :)
I don't see nis-ncc-0.4.30.tgz.sig file [url=http://bob.nem.ninja/]on the download page.

Also here 0.4.30 seems to be in a good shape :)
NCC shows "(at block 38198)".

But one thing I must say/admit/apologize: 
I have used the late confusion for my own benefit ...  - and
... got ...
over ...
4000 ...
NEMs from harvesting  :-[

Edit:
(at block 38553)  = same as BlockChainExplorer's last block
  ...  and 13000 NEMs harvested :)
Ok...  I think that the POI is not so good for harvesters https://forum.ournem.com/index.php?topic=2618.15  ::)

Download and upgraded.
Sadly still having too many problems.
High mem (RAM) consumption, easy fix, tweak in bat file.
Reduced default value by 50% -> mem usage dropped by 50%.
Seems to have no impact on page file usage.

System becomes slow non responsive, HDD led constant on.
What are min system requirement ?

I got this error so I didn't know what to do.  I went to Java Control Panel (on Windows 8.1 search for "Configure Java".  And then I added http://bob.nem.ninja/webstart/nem-monitor.jnlp to the exceptions site list under security.  After doing so, so far NEM is working well. 

I got this error so I didn't know what to do.  I went to Java Control Panel (on Windows 8.1 search for "Configure Java".  And then I added http://bob.nem.ninja/webstart/nem-monitor.jnlp to the exceptions site list under security.  After doing so, so far NEM is working well. 

was there some "details" button?
this sometimes happen, when one of the jar is unsigned, but
all the jars are signed, so there shouldn't be any problems

was there some "details" button?
this sometimes happen, when one of the jar is unsigned, but
all the jars are signed, so there shouldn't be any problems

I had this error with windows 8 machine. I just closed the window and double clicked nem-monitor. Worked very well on the second time.

Hello.

I have problems accessing NIS due to memory issue.
I 'm running the latest standalone version.
I started the NIS with the following command (i have changed the settings) :
<br />java -Xms256M -Xmx384M -cp &quot;.:./*:../libs/*&quot; org.nem.core.deploy.CommonStarter<br />

It was working fine for some time I mean is still trying so fully synchronize the blocks
with the rest of the network. After some time about half hour I have got the message "NIS is not available" in NCC
but then it started again to synchronize.

And now after 45 minutes I have this message again and is still show for some time already.
The message in the console from NIS was:
<br />2014-11-16 11:59:35.133:WARN:oeji.SelectorManager:qtp29322945-19-selector-ServerConnectorManager@1fd1263/1: <br />java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded<br />

I have 32 intel core duo processor
3GB or RAM
10 GB swap partition

I don't get how the hell Makoto is running NIS,NCC, and NXT on a 512Mb Ubuntu 14.04 vps?
On my computer NIS (0.4.28) required 1.15 GB of memory  without changes of the start file.
NCC (0.4.28) required 350Mb

Now with changed setting NIS (0.4.30) went to 520 mb but is blocked. :frowning:
NCC (0.4.30) required 350Mb

What can i do to limit memory usage but not blocking NIS from from functioning normally?

EDIT:

I had to kill the NIS process could not stop it any more.
I have chengd again the settings of the star file to highr values but it seems
when i killed the proces something went wrong (corrupted)

Not have this error in the console:
<br />stu 16, 2014 12:48:12 PM org.nem.core.connect.ErrorResponse &lt;init&gt;<br />SEVERE: Http Status Code 500: network has not been booted yet<br />stu 16, 2014 12:48:17 PM org.nem.core.connect.ErrorResponse &lt;init&gt;<br />SEVERE: Http Status Code 500: network has not been booted yet<br />stu 16, 2014 12:48:21 PM org.nem.core.connect.ErrorResponse &lt;init&gt;<br />SEVERE: Http Status Code 500: network has not been booted yet<br />stu 16, 2014 12:48:21 PM org.nem.core.connect.ErrorResponse &lt;init&gt;<br />SEVERE: Http Status Code 500: network has not been booted yet<br />stu 16, 2014 12:48:26 PM org.nem.core.connect.ErrorResponse &lt;init&gt;<br />SEVERE: Http Status Code 500: network has not been booted yet<br />stu 16, 2014 12:48:26 PM org.nem.core.connect.ErrorResponse &lt;init&gt;<br />SEVERE: Http Status Code 500: network has not been booted yet<br />stu 16, 2014 12:48:27 PM org.nem.core.connect.ErrorResponse &lt;init&gt;<br />SEVERE: Http Status Code 500: network has not been booted yet<br />

And NIS can not boot.
I will try to delete the database and see if this works.

2nd EDIT:
removing db did not help
i tried to reinstall the whole nis-ncc package but this also did not help
then i started NCC and NIS started to work properly.

Now finally it sinchronized.
i have started nis with the following command (different settings):
<br />java -Xms384M -Xmx512M -cp &quot;.:./*:../libs/*&quot; org.nem.core.deploy.CommonStarter<br />

it seems stable now.
NIS java process has about: 640Mb of memory
NCC java process has about: 380Mb of memory

Hello.

I have problems accessing NIS due to memory issue.
I 'm running the latest standalone version.
I started the NIS with the following command (i have changed the settings) :
[code]
java -Xms256M -Xmx328M -cp ".:./*:../libs/*" org.nem.core.deploy.CommonStarter
[/code]

I am experiencing something very similar with the newest version. I'm running on a RPi B+ with the latest version of NIS. All was working pretty well and the last few updates have improved performance significantly with my RPi almost up to date. However, NIS keeps terminating with memory issues. Will try and be more specific on the next failure

KC

For those who are running the standalone version. Maybe the db settings in db.properties cause a memory problem. You can downscale the cache size if you need.