NEM Beta 0.4.39

It has stopped harvesting too. Have restarted numerous times now. Showing "Deactivating remote harvesting" from yesterday night even after I restart my laptop several times.
My last block harvested was 71655 and now it's 73590. Guess my chances for the POI competition are severely hindered now. I am at .12% importance score.

The same with me. It is known bug. Are we going to the stage, where nobody will harvest regarding existing bug?

Bug is already fixed since yesterday. The fix will be released soon. For now a simple restart should fix it.

Yes. I restarted at about 12:00 GMT yesterday when I found that it got hung just after the 71K fork. Since then everything is steady as she goes.

Is it normal that i cannot boot a local node? Autoboot is enabled but in the menue "Boot local node" is grey and not clickable. Sorry but i am not able now to check the wohle forum cause i'm at work and just was watching onto my vps.

Wallet adress is TAH5BW-3DSJUP-YHV7TH-ALFIHR-HMPNA3-YFS5BG-VRHC

ty :slight_smile:

Is it normal that i cannot boot a local node? Autoboot is enabled but in the menue "Boot local node" is grey and not clickable. Sorry but i am not able now to check the wohle forum cause i'm at work and just was watching onto my vps.

[img width=265 height=324]http://i.imgur.com/fNFpfQH.jpg[/img]

ty :)

If you have auto-boot activated it should already be booted and therefore you can't boot it again :)

[img width=265 height=324]http://i.imgur.com/fNFpfQH.jpg[/img]

ty :)

ok thx :) would be nice if we can get a small hint in the taskbar icon or somewhere else that the local node is booted and running :)

If you have auto-boot activated it should already be booted and therefore you can't boot it again :)

am I still being blacklisted?

When I harvest a block its just have zero fee.

node info
{"metaData":{"application":"NIS","version":"0.4.39-BETA","platform":"Oracle Corporation (1.8.0_25) on Windows 8"},"endpoint":{"protocol":"http","port":7890,"host":"191.177.202.223"},"identity":{"name":"TANNN5TZNR","public-key":"949583a20ebdfdcb58277eb42fef3e66e9e6bbfc47304d8741a82c68f7c53a22"}}

(`;

0 fees mean there were no transactions in the block.

exactly like makoto said, 0 fees most probably means it was empty block (comparing with NXT, where I think block time was 10 min, in NEM empty blocks can happen, well in NXT too ofc)

(nxt has 1 minute block time)

im wondering why he only gets the blocks which have 0 tx. around these blocks are blocks with transactions, only the one he harvested have 0. i saw that before, i think it was when the port wasnt open. could that be?

Parana can't include his own transactions (from his bot). So maybe that is the reason.

Parana can't include his own transactions (from his bot). So maybe that is the reason.

thats it.

those blocks have transactions and most of tyhem or all of them are mine.

So i paid taxes to send them via BOT.

unless i cant won mine own transaction's fees, there is sometig weird on this.

:P

0.4.39 only. After a few hours (3 … 30) may turn off harvesting, importance of account falls to 0 later. After restarting NIS the harvesting works, but then again switched off. Etc.

0.4.39 only. When typing the address Ctrl+V does not work, I apply Right Click > Paste.

My laptop has a 2 GB of RAM. When it working java.exe uses > 3/4 of the memory + weak processor = laptop to its limits. Maybe I should increase the memory up to 8 GB?

0.4.39 only. After a few hours (3 ... 30) may turn off harvesting, importance of account falls to 0 later. After restarting NIS the harvesting works, but then again switched off. Etc.

In 0.4.39 nodes may lose the ability to harvest when the networks gets spammed hard. Will hopefully be fixed in upcoming release on weekend. I have not seen the importance falling to 0, is it in the gui or when you query the account info in the browser?

0.4.39 only. When typing the address Ctrl+V does not work, I apply Right Click > Paste.

That is a known bug and already fixed for the next release.

My laptop has a 2 GB of RAM. When it working java.exe uses > 3/4 of the memory + weak processor = laptop to its limits. Maybe I should increase the memory up to 8 GB?

You can try limiting the java VM to 768MB of even 512MB RAM if you are using the standalone version.

@ Andme: Here on windows 8 + Firefox 34 ( ithink) does not work too. You need right click + paste to write down the address.

0.4.39 only. After a few hours (3 ... 30) may turn off harvesting, importance of account falls to 0 later. After restarting NIS the harvesting works, but then again switched off. Etc.

... I have not seen the importance falling to 0, is it in the gui or when you query the account info in the browser?

I have seen it only once. It was the last time in the GUI:
http://i.imgur.com/hpPfxY8.png
At other times there was not zero.

You can try limiting the java VM to 768MB of even 512MB RAM if you are using the standalone version.

How do it, prompt please

How do it, prompt please

In runNIS.bat file
[code]
pushd nis
java -Xms256M -Xmx512M -cp ".;./*;../libs/*" org.nem.core.deploy.CommonStarter
popd[/code]

instead of
[code]
pushd nis
java -Xms512M -Xmx1G -cp ".;./*;../libs/*" org.nem.core.deploy.CommonStarter
popd[/code]

Right?

When I do 'Create New Account', Error 500 appears, after which the node status becomes 'Unknown status'. The green bar will change to yellow: 'NIS is synchronizing. At block…' Blocks cease to be incremented. And in this state NCC remains constantly. Restart of NIS helps only.

When I do 'Create New Account', Error 500 appears, after which the node status becomes 'Unknown status'. The green bar will change to yellow: 'NIS is synchronizing. At block...' Blocks cease to be incremented. And in this state NCC remains constantly. Restart of NIS helps only.

I have the same problem with standalon version and when I try to restart just NCC with old wallet NIS still  stack so there is bug in this version. Also sometime when I open wallet in standalon version row "Start local harvesting" missing and I have to restart NCC.

for some reason, since i updated, all the labels of accounts in my wallets have vanished. :confused:

also is the regular appearance of "error 500" a known bug? seems to happen randomly.

nis seems to take a long time to start as well.

just moved to a different machine with different internet connection so if it happens again now il post logs.

for some reason, since i updated, all the labels of accounts in my wallets have vanished. :/

also is the regular appearance of "error 500" a known bug? seems to happen randomly.

nis seems to take a long time to start as well.

just moved to a different machine with different internet connection so if it happens again now il post logs.

If you dont keep your old wallet you cant start with this version and have to wait new release.