NEM Beta 0.5.11 / 0.5.12 / 0.5.13

on Windows 8.1 when I try to install NEM with the installer it says this.  I even tried to click "run as admin" and it doesn't work.

on Windows 8.1 when I try to install NEM with the installer it says this.  I even tried to click "run as admin" and it doesn't work.

[img width=800 height=231]http://s25.postimg.org/ifkj8vl1r/can_t_install.png[/img]

you have to rightclick the file and choose properties from the context menu. At the bottom of the context menu there should be an option to allow execution (don't know the exact term as I have a german OS version).

Will everybody on win 8(.1) see that? If so, how can we avoid it? Thats pretty bad for user adoption.

This what I am looking at.  I am still not sure what to do. 

I got the installer working fine on the Mac and the stand alone on Windows, but I want to try the installer on Windows too.  So far I have been rejected on 7 because it was 32 bit and on 8.1 because of this error.

This what I am looking at.  I am still not sure what to do. 

I got the installer working fine on the Mac and the stand alone on Windows, but I want to try the installer on Windows too.  So far I have been rejected on 7 because it was 32 bit and on 8.1 because of this error.

Try using the entry "Troubleshoot compatibility" from the conext menu.
Or even better disable smart-screen.

I guess we're gonna need to sign the software with an official certificate to avoid that.

@jabo38: interesting, i have a different property dialog displayed for the installer. Looks like

Translation:
Security: This file comes from another computer. The access was evetually blocked due to security reasons.
(Button on right side has label 'Allow')

strange… I don't seem to have that option under attributes. 

I also turned off smartscreen and that didn't work.  I still got the same error.

strange..... I don't seem to have that option under attributes. 

I also turned off smartscreen and that didn't work.  I still got the same error.

Prob need to reboot first.

I tried to reboot after turning it off.  There was a longer pause, but still the same error. 

Troubleshooting doesn't do anything either. 

ok…downloaded java8 64bit…installer seemed to work…created new wallet ok…but opened on block 4734…and it isnt synching…asks to boot…so i select boot and then it says its already booted…

IM STUCK…AGAIN…!!!

I don't know… Maybe I will just try to reload windows.

ok.....downloaded java8 64bit.......installer seemed to work........created new wallet ok.......but opened on block 4734.....and it isnt synching.....asks to boot...so i select boot and then it says its already booted........

IM STUCK.........AGAIN....!!!!!!!
did u use this file?  http://bob.nem.ninja/nis5.h2.zip There is a problem with the db early on

no I didnt…do I have to unzip it and where to I put it ?

no I didnt...do I have to unzip it and where to I put it ?
unzip it and in the folder that has your nis database (delete the old one first then put it the one you downloaded). The folder should be something like nis/data

unzip it and in the folder that has your nis database (delete the old one first then put it the one you downloaded). The folder should be something like nis/data

ok...thanks a lot.

well...there was that file there...but I couldnt delete it along with the lock file. Anyway I unzipped the file to the data folder. Now the file is icreasing in number...started around 19KBs and now its 171KBs........is it updating ?....still on block 1 in the wallet

[img width=800 height=231]http://s25.postimg.org/ifkj8vl1r/can_t_install.png[/img]

Hi Jabo.  It looks like something is blocking the path.  Can you disable the virusscanner on your system and try it again?  Do you have by any chance Kapersky?

It is interesting. I have two accounts that started at 50M with 6.5 score. Now they are both at about 30M. One has a score of 6.6 it and the other has a score of 4.7

They both have spammed out millions.
The only difference is that higher one has more deposits from other people.

i have now installed it on a computer that has never run any version of nem and i have the same problem

@Bonz: having different importance for different accounts is not a problem, it's a feature :slight_smile:
As jadedjack stated the account with higher importance has received nem from more accounts.

ok.....downloaded java8 64bit.......installer seemed to work........created new wallet ok.......but opened on block 4734.....and it isnt synching.....asks to boot...so i select boot and then it says its already booted........

IM STUCK.........AGAIN....!!!!!!!

Can you supply the NIS logs via pm?