NEM Beta 0.5.11 / 0.5.12 / 0.5.13

ok.....downloaded java8 64bit.......installer seemed to work........created new wallet ok.......but opened on block 4734.....and it isnt synching.....asks to boot...so i select boot and then it says its already booted........

IM STUCK.........AGAIN....!!!!!!!

Can you supply the NIS logs via pm?

sorry BR... I have not long ago deleted everything NEM related to start again...... :(

@Bonz: having different importance for different accounts is not a problem, it's a feature :)
As jadedjack stated the account with higher importance has received nem from more accounts.

woops i clicked on the wrong quote

Mac OS wouldn't let me install it because it was from an "unknown publisher". 

to help anyone else with this problem just right click and click open then it will ass of your sure you want to open

so for me when the installer is done is askes if i want a shortcut and if i want to open the program.  Neither thing happened on my computer.  So i wen into applications and launched the wallet but now neither NIS nor NCC will start.  at the top i just have a grey nem logo and have tried going in and telling it to start ncc and nis but nothing happens

should i be deleting things from when i used webstart?

now i have installed it on a mac that has never had nem on it and i am having the exact same problem NIS and NCC not starting

@Bonz: I am not a mac user. Maybe you have to use the standalone version on mac.

@Bonz: I am not a mac user. Maybe you have to use the standalone version on mac.

i had assumed not as there is a mac installer and mac users have reported it working but that doesn't necessarily mean anything=D

@bloodyrookie    Nis seems to be synchronising ok now. I just deleted evrything NEM related and unzipped Gimres database file and opened a new wallet.

@nembit86: with 0.5.13 it should snychronize from scratch without problems. If you have time try it. My node needed about 40 minutes.

@Bonz: Maybe Jaguar0625 can help, he got a mac.

yes…synched…any luverly nemsters got some xem for little old me ?

TDYJOQ-FQJBIZ-4IR437-ZWS6Y2-MTXXZO-52F36T-OC26

In nembex many nodes down (like mine). What is causing this?

I managed to synchronize the client, it was with the last synchronized block, but then just down.

Now i try to download blocks from scratch
Here the log of that period.
https://drive.bitcasa.com/send/qE7QAV37W_hl013fKKzggdPSpCCjOQlsNF6UnknG7CYm

Hi Icharles123,

I checked the log and your node did not survive the spamming last night.
The current version puts high cpu load on the nodes while serious spamming is in progress. Therefore nodes eventually die during those spam phases.
The next version, which will be out either today or tomorrow, will solve that problem.

Bloody Rookie
Ok, working properly.
I continue to spaming the net. :)

on Windows 8.1 when I try to install NEM with the installer it says this.  I even tried to click "run as admin" and it doesn't work.

[img width=800 height=231]http://s25.postimg.org/ifkj8vl1r/can_t_install.png[/img]

Hi Jabo.  It looks like something is blocking the path.  Can you disable the virusscanner on your system and try it again?  Do you have by any chance Kapersky?

Thanks boestin!

That was it.  Avast wasn't playing nicely with NEM.  I had to "add an exclusion" in Avast and now it works fine. :-)

The problem was that Avast earlier on was giving me pop-up after pop up saying the NEM url is malware.  (I reported that before.)  So the only way to make that stop was to put Avast in Silent mode, which I guess it had been for the last month.  So the problem with the silent mode is that the pop-up to add NEM as an exclusion wouldn't pop up because it had been silenced.   

When I click on "more details" this is what pops up. 

http://postimg.org/image/ul2st4l6z/

I added that to Github :-)

Mac OS wouldn't let me install it because it was from an "unknown publisher". 

to help anyone else with this problem just right click and click open then it will ass of your sure you want to open

so for me when the installer is done is askes if i want a shortcut and if i want to open the program.  Neither thing happened on my computer.  So i wen into applications and launched the wallet but now neither NIS nor NCC will start.  at the top i just have a grey nem logo and have tried going in and telling it to start ncc and nis but nothing happens

should i be deleting things from when i used webstart?

now i have installed it on a mac that has never had nem on it and i am having the exact same problem NIS and NCC not starting

It is interesting that the NEM icon at the top doesn't at least turn orange or green in some of its parts.  It should do that after a while.

I didn't ever get a desktop icon, but I did get an icon in the applications page.  It seems to work fine for me on Mac.

The one thing and really only thing that was tricky on installation was that I had to go into Settings -> Security and Privacy and then there was a little pop-up for me to add NEM as an exclusion.  Once I did that the rest worked fine.  Were you able to add an exclusion for NEM?

I ask because I just had a problem with Avast on Windows and I had to add an exclusion for installing and for running it.  On Mac I only had to add an exclusion for installing, but maybe your set up is different somehow. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9i1hqokw6xp4gfv/Screenshot%202015-02-20%2010.24.39.png?dl=0

In this pic you can see the button called "open anyway"

I updated to 0.5.13 on both Windows and Mac using the installer.  Both worked well.  (after I add exclusions in Mac settings or Windows Avast)

No problems with the v0.5.13 Windows installer. With a clean install, NIS took 39 minutes to download all blocks.

I running Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit and Installer don't work because my system is not 64 bit - when Installer will be working in 32 Windows ?

New 0.5.12 Installer also don't work with Windows 32 bit so I make issue on github https://github.com/NewEconomyMovement/NemCommunityClient/issues/280

I am running window vista 32 bit, and cannot participate in NEM Beta testing any more.
I'm just waiting for 32 bit version or NEM mobile app to receive my NEM coin at launching time.

I am running window vista 32 bit, and cannot participate in NEM Beta testing any more.
I'm just waiting for 32 bit version or NEM mobile app to receive my NEM coin at launching time.

You should be able to run the stand alone version:
https://forum.ournem.com/tutorials/running-the-client-using-the-stand-alone-version-how-to-guide/

It is interesting that the NEM icon at the top doesn't at least turn orange or green in some of its parts.  It should do that after a while.

I didn't ever get a desktop icon, but I did get an icon in the applications page.  It seems to work fine for me on Mac.

The one thing and really only thing that was tricky on installation was that I had to go into Settings -> Security and Privacy and then there was a little pop-up for me to add NEM as an exclusion.  Once I did that the rest worked fine.  Were you able to add an exclusion for NEM?

I ask because I just had a problem with Avast on Windows and I had to add an exclusion for installing and for running it.  On Mac I only had to add an exclusion for installing, but maybe your set up is different somehow. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9i1hqokw6xp4gfv/Screenshot%202015-02-20%2010.24.39.png?dl=0

In this pic you can see the button called "open anyway"

as seen in your picture my setting is set to anywhere so i don't get those popups or security warnings does the newest version have a webstart?  that allways worked for me

@Bonz: We abandomed webstart completely due to problems with it. We won't return to the webstart technology.

0.5.13 is supposed to be a very stable version with which you should never end up on a fork.

Please report if you have problems synchronizing with that version or experience other trouble with your node.

when i try sing multysig tx i get:

"ERROR 306

An error occurred that the development team did not have foreseen. Apologies for this, maybe a retry might help. Otherwise, please open up an issue within the NEM NIS/NCC community."

0.5.13 is supposed to be a very stable version with which you should never end up on a fork.

Please report if you have problems synchronizing with that version or experience other trouble with your node.

I deleted the NEM folder on Windows when updating to 0.5.13 and was really surprised by how fast it synced.  I don't know the exact time but it was well under an hour. 

I have also deleted the NEM folder on Mac and resynced.  It took 1:45 but my computer was asleep for a good part of that time, so I am not sure how long it really took but my guess is about an hour. 

when i try sing multysig tx i get:

"ERROR 306

An error occurred that the development team did not have foreseen. Apologies for this, maybe a retry might help. Otherwise, please open up an issue within the NEM NIS/NCC community."

Can you supply the ncc/nis logs?
What are the exact steps you took to produce the error?
Did it only happens one time or is that problem reproducable?