NEM Beta 0.5.11 / 0.5.12 / 0.5.13

ok 2 nodes updated and blockchain downloaded from fresh which took 48.5 mins and 50 mins respectively. no forks no restarts… :smiley: going to do the third now and see how that one goes… the last time i did this it was somewhat of a nightmare. problem seems to have been fixed. great job devs. :smiley:

edit: didnt realise i set the third syncing too. it also was fully synced when i checked it after the other two so all 3 synced fully in ~50 mins with not forks. not bad… :smiley:

@Kodtycoon, are you running each of those through a different router or the same?

@Kodtycoon, are you running each of those through a different router or the same?

3 different servers so different I think. They are all in Chicago so they well be behind the same router

When upgrading to from 0.5.11 to 0.5.13, I left the old version open on purpose.  First thing I noticed that I had to choose a installation folder, which isn't a bad thing of course, but, since I played the newbie here  :), I was confused.  I chose to install it in the 0.5.11 folder by clicking through the folders. 
As expected the installation ran some errors, but surprisingly the .jar and other files were copied without errors.  The message that I got, was : "unexpected error".  So I closed the NIS in the taskbar and restarted.  As expected 0.5.11 ran again and 0.5.13 was not installed. 

Having said that, does it cost a lot of effort to make the installer slightly "smarter"?    So, for instance, if the NEM client or NIS is running the installer and sees that there is an instance running, there comes a warning  and perhaps an option to close the  old version automatically.

When I closed the old client and installed the new one on a different folder, the installation went fine and without problems.  Up and running in about 10 minutes!

installed 0.5.13…

it didn't put an icon on the desktop

it didn't open either.

Had to dig into the file folder to find 'wallet' icon.

Clicked this, the monitor is up and says that NIS is running (local node not booted)  but the NCC says it's running, but it just brings up a 'This page can't be displayed' page message when it tries to open…

@wirralnick: without logs it is terrible hard to guess what went wrong. Can you supply the NIS/NCC logs?

when i try sing multysig tx i get:

"ERROR 306

An error occurred that the development team did not have foreseen. Apologies for this, maybe a retry might help. Otherwise, please open up an issue within the NEM NIS/NCC community."

Can you supply the ncc/nis logs?
What are the exact steps you took to produce the error?
Did it only happens one time or is that problem reproducable?

it was during heavy spamming with high fees (all my tx wit min fee were pending for several blocks) and it was too late so i was not in the mood for extensive testing :D

my accs were
s1  TBB6TK-KLKLNK-J4X44Z-OO5YTT-PCQQLX-U7QC66-XINT
s2 TDALR2-EVKCUF-XVC6PS-L52T4Z-QRBE4P-HKH2CR-OHBP
ms TCJGA3-SOEOOX-RAWPVJ-VXDJBX-N4OHN3-SV36YD-4T4F

at first i tried to send some ms txs with nickel and some bash scrypt i found here. But i forgot to convert "ms acc" to multysign (2015-02-20 21:08)
later ... i opened ncc
i initiaded ms tx with s1 with min fee, the I tried to cosign it with s2 (also min fee) and i got message, that tx cashe is too full. I tryed it again with high fee a few times and I got unexpected error. Then I waited a bit and tried it again with the same result (first cashe too full, then unexpected error a few times) (2015-02-21 01-02)

After a while it just went through with min fee.

logs:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/75miz1ib0o6kqij/AACpgAOsffBqdSY3kV4CmkIwa?dl=0

After a multisig transaction a part of the dashboard inside of the browser is twice. Browser problem ???

Firefox 35.0 linux

After a multisig transaction a part of the dashboard inside of the browser is twice. Browser problem ???

Firefox 35.0 linux

without a screenshot and/or proper english it's going to be impossible to know what you're talking about  :(

@wirralnick: without logs it is terrible hard to guess what went wrong. Can you supply the NIS/NCC logs?

I don't have any...?

If I delete everything nem and start again, will that effect the real life nem when it goes live?  I've got all keys etc saved elsewhere...

Hi,
sorry for my amiss english.  :frowning:

The screenshot: 

I think I came across a bug. Or maybe its intended?

I have been setting my multisig account to "Activate Remote Harvesting" prior to setting it to a multisig account.

Ever since multisig came out I used to be able to "Remote Harvest" while having it set as a multisig. My wallet is still known(I am able to log in and send /receive XEM). Now, however I come across an error when I updated to the newer updates:

"The account is unknown. An account needs to be part of at least one transaction (sender or recipient) to be known to the network."
(it now has a vested balance of 0.00 atm as a result of changing my multisig to a different account but it occurred when it did have a vested balance prior to sending my XEM to a different account. Could vested balance be an issue?)

I can still send and receive XEM from the multisig account. Just can't harvest with it anymore. I created this wallet after the multisig client came out (along with 2 others) and this is the only wallet of the 3 that can't be used for harvesting.

This is an account with 10+ transactions and have tested it with a spam script.

I even set up a new multisig account to test to see if I could still remote harvest even though its a multisig and I harvested a few hundred XEM after a couple hours. So I don't believe that's a problem.

@wakasaki808
A multisig account is not able to send out transactions (only cosigners can).
But the activation of remote harvesting (secure harvesting is the better term in my opinion) technically goes with a transaction…

@wakasaki808
A multisig account is not able to send out transactions (only cosigners can).
But the activation of remote harvesting (secure harvesting is the better term in my opinion) technically goes with a transaction...

[s]I understand that a multisig account cannot send a transaction (at least without a co-signer). This is what I do..

[Create a New Account] -> [Activate Remote Harvesting] ->[Convert to Multisig]->[Wait A Day and Do "Start Remote Harvesting" on Multisig Account]

I tried the vice-versa and arrived at your above reasoning (cannot create a remote harvest account if its already multisig without having remote harvesting already activated because of transaction required)

This seems to work every time for me other than the one account that I am having trouble with..You can test it for yourself if you wish :)

TDENVG-QHERSL-QKPB3V-YOPSJQ-UBLIMI-QZ4HYR-3PGG is the multisig account that I am having trouble with. It was able to remote harvest as a multisig until one of the more recent updates.

If I found an unintended exploit of some sort yay :P

ps: If nothing can be done I am just going to create a new multisig account and regular account that I know the private key too as I didn't write down the private key for the cosigner of the new multisig account :P. I finally got the multisig spambot to work...  :)[/s]

edit: oops...didn't set my new multisig account to multisig yet  ::)...I thought I did  :'(

Will test again :P... pretty much just need to keep track of if the harvest of blocks over 4 is changed...

(still can set it as "Remote Harvesting" will see if it can harvest anything)

An idea for the installer
[quote author=Qwitnix https://nxtforum.org/alternative-clients/(windows)-nrs-installer/]

- It also installs the Java Runtime files in that location (that's why the installer is a bit bigger than the .zip). A seperate Java installation is not needed.

@BR/@Gimre Can we use networks in CIDR notation for nis.allowedHarvesterAddresses  in the config.properties for NIS? If not, it would be good if we implement it so that we don't have to type in all the 256 addresses within an internal network as they are normally DHCP and keep changing.

I am not sure how it will handle a wallet that is harvesting and then the next day, it has changed address. Will this be a problem?

@BR/@Gimre Can we use networks in CIDR notation for nis.allowedHarvesterAddresses  in the config.properties for NIS? If not, it would be good if we implement it so that we don't have to type in all the 256 addresses within an internal network as they are normally DHCP and keep changing.

I am not sure how it will handle a wallet that is harvesting and then the next day, it has changed address. Will this be a problem?

Good idea.

It would also be nice if it was possible to set the amount of allowed harvesters with an external IP separate. (Not just the total amount.)

Good idea.

It would also be nice if it was possible to set the amount of allowed harvesters with an external IP separate. (Not just the total amount.)

The addresses are NEM addresses.

I just synced the database from scratch on a Ubuntu usb drive.  It took 45 minutes.  :-)  That makes maybe my 5th database sync across three systems, each one went smoothly.  Great job devs on getting the database to sync so well. 

Good idea.

The addresses are NEM addresses.

Yeah...  8)
Thx