NEM Beta 0.5.19

haha yes, you guys rock. let's see if i can write issues faster than you can fix em  8)

I am not sure it is good to have no unit behind the number. People will start asking what the number means. And if not, the most probably association is that this is the number of block he thinks he will harvest per day.

Hm really? You think people don't understand what a "score" value is? Of course we could still add a tooltip (on mouse hover) which explains: "The higher your importance score, the more blocks you will harvest. The maximum score level is: xyz".

Edit: Anyway, I am pretty sure peple will understand very fast what the importance score is. It is a central feature of NEM and people will figure it out VERY fast if they don't understand it immediately.

I thought. As variant we may to display the value for example 2.25 ‱ as in a calculator 2.25e-4. It is more familiar to most people than basic point. If it need it will easy to make 2.25e-5 etc.

[center]

[/center]

We could start a discussion now if people are more familiar with scientific notation or 0.00025, but I personally think
A) we should not have different ways to display it, because this leads to confusion and people can't compare their values
B) should not use 0.00025 nor 2.25e-4 nor  2.25 ‱, but simple score values with a higher maximum (e.g. 100,000,000 ^= 100 %)

Has a bug(?) in the NCC, it closes when i try to start it previously configured to access a temote NIS, which no longer exists.

i tried it but it works for me (showing NIS is not avilable). What are the exact steps to reproduce this bug?

Has a bug(?) in the NCC, it closes when i try to start it previously configured to access a temote NIS, which no longer exists.

i tried it but it works for me (showing NIS is not avilable). What are the exact steps to reproduce this bug?

Maybe it's because i used a domain name instead of an IP and it had expired.

I like andme's solution

Another great outcome of a telegram discussion (at least I think so  :stuck_out_tongue: ):

We should hide "Vested Balance" and "Importance Score" by default. With a little arrow below "Current Balance" you can expand it, so these 2 values will be displayed. This way average users don't get confused by all these different numbers, but advanced users can look at it, if they like.

And: Just scale the importance score to the total amount! 100 % ≙ 8,999,999,999. (There is enough space, if you move the importance score below the current balance, just like "Vested Balance".) That way everybody can easily "read" the score: If you have a smaller impotance score than your balance, you are not transacting a lot, if it is higher than your balance etc…

:smiley: love it! People will always try and push their importance higher than their balance and it's very easy to k ow how much importance you have gained/lost

+1  8)

I think most of the users will be just interessted in the XEM amount and even the average user should understand the meaning of %.  ;D

I did a mock up to play around with the idea. 

Looks good jabo38s!

But I think we should only have one importance score… :wink:

right, just playing around trying to get feedback.  this is not a "priority" for launch in my opinion either

Not sure where to mention it, but I think on http://bob.nem.ninja/installer/ at the very bottom it says, "For linux version take a look at standalone," where I think it should say, "For 32 bit operating systems or Linux versions take a look at standalone."

We have to move the downloads to nem.io anyway!

Installed the beta client (using the OS X installer) on a new computer to follow the suggestion of a last check that the keys are ok before launch - NIS and NCC don't start automatically after starting the wallet executable, and clicking on "Start NIS" or "Start NCC" in the top menu doesn't do anything visible. Trying to open some of the jar files in the nem folder installed in Applications produces an error message that says the file could not be launched.

Any suggestions about what to do to fix this/gather more information?

OS X 10.9.5, Java 8 Update 40, default browser Google Chrome Version 41.0.2272.101

Same problem as etoNem over here:

Error when launching NEM (Nis or Ncc) on OSX 10
Console says:
21/03/15 08:51:41,829 DisplayLinkManager[72]: CGSConnectionByID: 0 is not a valid connection ID.
seems to crash everytime…

When it crashes a popup says:
To view this web content, you need to install the Java Runtime Environment.
For the record, all security settings are set to minimum and last version of JRE is installed

OS X 10.10.3, Java 8 Update 40, default browser Google Chrome Version 41.0.2272.101 (64bit). Safari same story.

Possible background info: http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=63570

Edit: background info probably nothing to do with this issue.

Installed the beta client (using the OS X installer) on a new computer to follow the suggestion of a last check that the keys are ok before launch - NIS and NCC don't start automatically after starting the wallet executable, and clicking on "Start NIS" or "Start NCC" in the top menu doesn't do anything visible. Trying to open some of the jar files in the nem folder installed in Applications produces an error message that says the file could not be launched.

Any suggestions about what to do to fix this/gather more information?

OS X 10.9.5, Java 8 Update 40, default browser Google Chrome Version 41.0.2272.101

I just tested this on my Mac and NCC won't start automatically after installation. However, it seems to work fine when booting from launchpad. I can then start/stop nis/ncc from the monitor at will.

Same problem as etoNem over here:

Error when launching NEM (Nis or Ncc) on OSX 10
Console says:
21/03/15 08:51:41,829 DisplayLinkManager[72]: CGSConnectionByID: 0 is not a valid connection ID.
seems to crash everytime..

When it crashes a popup says:
To view this web content, you need to install the Java Runtime Environment.
For the record, all security settings are set to minimum and last version of JRE is installed

OS X 10.10.3, Java 8 Update 40, default browser Google Chrome Version 41.0.2272.101 (64bit). Safari same story.

Possible background info: http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=63570

Edit: background info probably nothing to do with this issue.

as Makoto said, after you install, you then have to go to launch bad to click on the NEM logo

that should start it. 

If you are running the stand alone, you have to type in the terminal.

http://nem.ghost.io/mac-installation-guide/

Thanks jabo and makoto.

I followed the manual you provided (http://nem.ghost.io/mac-installation-guide/), when I fired it on the terminal:

rainbow:package johan$ ./nix.runNis.sh
No Java runtime present, requesting install.
And then a popup rised, saying that i needed JDK  :-<br />
When I installed JDK 8 I could start it from the terminal AND frontend. 
Question is: Makoto and Jabo, are you guys running JDK?

Booting NIS… (at block 42033)  This is what I got when I opened my wallet. I tried opening new wallet and got same message…its not synching