NEM Beta 0.5.19

@nembit, as usual, without the NIS log it is impossible to locate the problem. 42033 is quite a bit behind, was the node offline or was it harvesting on its own fork for days? The latter could mean the fork is already too deep to be resolvable.

Thanks for the pointers!

I followed the install guide for the standalone (the hint about the file to download being the largest one doesn't work anymore, btw), saw an error trying to run the nis complaining about the Java version, and then realized that updating Java via System Preferences wasn't updating the version used by the terminal. Downloading a recent version of the JDK did update this version in the terminal.

I did verify the real account address and it was all ok.

However, then I noticed that I don't have a backup of the wallet I previously used in the beta in my other computer, which was used to generate this real account address. Was freaked out by this for a bit, but it seems like it should be possible to add the address using "Add an Existing Account"…

Thanks for the pointers!

I followed the install guide for the standalone (the hint about the file to download being the largest one doesn't work anymore, btw), saw an error trying to run the nis complaining about the Java version, and then realized that updating Java via System Preferences wasn't updating the version used by the terminal. Downloading a recent version of the JDK did update this version in the terminal.

I did verify the real account address and it was all ok.

However, then I noticed that I don't have a backup of the wallet I previously used in the beta in my other computer, which was used to generate this real account address. Was freaked out by this for a bit, but it seems like it should be possible to add the address using "Add an Existing Account"...

The account generator is just a standalone tool to create a real NEM address including public and private keys. It's got nothing to do with your "old" wallet.
I hope you wrote down, or kept the keys in a safe place like Keepass?

Anyway, about the OSX issue: JDK is needed to run NEM on OSX.

@nembit, as usual, without the NIS log it is impossible to locate the problem. 42033 is quite a bit behind, was the node offline or was it harvesting on its own fork for days? The latter could mean the fork is already too deep to be resolvable.

He used the latest db from bob.nem.ninja, db was fully loaded to the latest block in the db, then it says in the NCC status bar "booting nis". But nothing happens. NCC restart didnt help either, it keeps saying "booting nis". Auto-boot at wallet login is enabled. He is using the NEM monitor.

@nembit86: there is no error in the NIS log. I see that NIS was booted from the local NCC:

2015-03-21 17:35:48.665 INFORMAZIONI entering /node/boot [127.0.0.1] (org.nem.nis.controller.interceptors.AuditInterceptor preHandle)
2015-03-21 17:35:50.651 INFORMAZIONI exiting /node/boot [127.0.0.1] (org.nem.nis.controller.interceptors.AuditInterceptor afterCompletion)

So maybe there was a problem on the ncc side. Can you provide the log for ncc as well?

@nembit86: there is no error in the NIS log. I see that NIS was booted from the local NCC:

2015-03-21 17:35:48.665 INFORMAZIONI entering /node/boot [127.0.0.1] (org.nem.nis.controller.interceptors.AuditInterceptor preHandle)
2015-03-21 17:35:50.651 INFORMAZIONI exiting /node/boot [127.0.0.1] (org.nem.nis.controller.interceptors.AuditInterceptor afterCompletion)

So maybe there was a problem on the ncc side. Can you provide the log for ncc as well?

The account generator is just a standalone tool to create a real NEM address including public and private keys. It's got nothing to do with your "old" wallet.
I hope you wrote down, or kept the keys in a safe place like Keepass?

Yeah, got the keys in a safe place, glad to see that's all that's needed to have access to the real account later!

Please consider dropping the milipercent or just make it an option buried deep in advanced settings :)  Its confusing, and makes it look better than it is, which is fine, but should be default normal. 

I thought. As variant we may to display the value for example 2.25 ‱ as in a calculator 2.25e-4. It is more familiar to most people than basic point. If it need it will easy to make 2.25e-5 etc.

[center][img width=718 height=74]http://i.imgur.com/w8IA4Rn.png[/img][/center]

Why not show your importance as a percentile rank with a minimum score of 1.00% and max of 100.00%?

Nevermind, no decimals, at first, just make it a whole number.  What's the highest POI anyone would normally ever have?  Maybe 10%?  Some uber exchange or billionaire?  So if you make the higest POI a set number, say 100,000, and then just go down from there.  If we get over 100,000 wallets running, all of them having different amounts, then it will look really smooth.  Now, as the total number of wallets open to the network, we can start adding decimal places, so say the 101,000 wallets comes online and its the lowers POI, then its POI would be 0.9.  No percentages needed.  POI Score, kind of like a credit score.  Its an arbitrary ruler of numbers that don't mean anything.  In the states we have a test called the SAT, just writing your name on the test and not answering even ONE question, gives you a score of 400, 200 on verbal and 200 on math.  We could do the same with POI.  The perfect SAT score is 1600 and only kids home schooled ever score that, but I digress.  Having a minimum score, or score range, would allow for comparison at the bottom of the foodchain and still allow single digit differences for comparison higher up on the food chain. 

Anyway, I don't have time to read all of the comments on the thread, so sorry if I am repeating stuff.  I only got through the first page. 

Cheers!  :slight_smile:

Shawn

and no one commented on closed issues....

Thats a very good work Devs.

I'm starting to translate the Our Nem webpage too. This is a little bit harder than to do the Nem client translation.

https://github.com/NewEconomyMovement/nem-homepage/tree/master/locales

See ya! (Yikes! lol)

8)

I struck at block 71805
I started the NIS several times without success. And for some reason the log file does not open on my PC, it is attached.
I have enough memory, the NEM settings are default and the node come of an account with practically no transactions.

I struck at block 71805
I started the NIS several times without success. And for some reason the log file does not open on my PC, it is attached.
I have enough memory, the NEM settings are default and the node come of an account with practically no transactions.

Seems whole network was stuck in 71803-71810 block range. My last harvested block was 71803, 10 hours ago. Now seems everything goes well, new blocks every 1 min.

I struck at block 71805

Seems whole network was stuck in 71803-71810 block range. My last harvested block was 71803, 10 hours ago. Now seems everything goes well, new blocks every 1 min.

yes, mine too, working here now, after i deleted all logs and sync from new nis.db file.

[table][tr][td]Block #71859[/td] [td]Mar 24, 2015 10:33:34[/td] [td]10.00%[/td] [td]0.00[/td][/tr][tr][td]Block #71841[/td] [td]Mar 24, 2015 10:28:23[/td] [td]16.30%[/td] [td]0.00[/td][/tr][tr][td]Block #71802[/td] [td]Mar 24, 2015 00:14:22[/td] [td]98.16%[/td] [td]26.02[/td][/tr][tr][td]Block #71799[/td] [td]Mar 24, 2015 00:11:58[/td] [td]105.46%[/td] [td]806.84[/td][/tr][/table]

I struck at block 71805

yes, mine too, working here now, after i deleted all logs and sync from new nis.db file.

[table][tr][td]Block #71859[/td] [td]Mar 24, 2015 10:33:34[/td] [td]10.00%[/td] [td]0.00[/td][/tr][tr][td]Block #71841[/td] [td]Mar 24, 2015 10:28:23[/td] [td]16.30%[/td] [td]0.00[/td][/tr][tr][td]Block #71802[/td] [td]Mar 24, 2015 00:14:22[/td] [td]98.16%[/td] [td]26.02[/td][/tr][tr][td]Block #71799[/td] [td]Mar 24, 2015 00:11:58[/td] [td]105.46%[/td] [td]806.84[/td][/tr][/table]

I did nothing, it just started working. Very strange. Devs? What happened?

I struck at block 71805

Jaguar played a little prank :P

There was a problem last night. I fixed it after I woke up. Nothing to worry about.

There was a problem last night. I fixed it after I woke up. Nothing to worry about.
so then changes can be made to a live network? What kind of problem was it?

@averagejoe: not sure what changes you mean.

so then changes can be made to a live network? What kind of problem was it?

If I understand what you mean - no that's not possible.

To keep it short - 0.5.19 has half of required changes needed to get things going (the other half is ready for some time, but will be released at launch).
J was playing some experiments. Effects you could watch today ^^.

As BR said, nothing to actually worry about.