NEM Beta 0.5.4

Beta 0.5.4 is here!

[hr]
Everyone who is actively following, probably knows this, but here it goes.
Changes:

[li]Address book[/li]
    [li]Multisig[/li]
    [li]experimental anti-spam[/li]
    [li]LOTS of internal changes[/li]

Bump in minor version means that hosts using 0.5 won't talk with previous nodes.

Before proceeding you should drop previous database
    Under windows you can drop whole [tt]c:\users<i><username>\nem\nis[/tt]

The old accounts will be empty, so you might want to drop ncc too
    Under windows you can drop whole [tt]c:\users<i><username>\nem\ncc[/tt]

Or to be sure you can drop whole [tt]c:\users<i><username>\nem[/tt]

There is small bug with display of multisig transactions:
    http://i.imgur.com/9oFA9w3.png
    Please forgive us this tiny imperfection, webstart was giving us hell lot of problems.

Actually it got us so frustrated, we're considering getting rid of it, and providing an installer…

btw, there's a good reason to try standalone instead of webstart - it starts a lot faster

Some hints for multi-sig
    If you convert an account into a multi-sig account that account will from that point on only act as a "storage". You can't issue tx from that account directly anymore - only from it's cosignatories.

DO NOT set the multisig account as cosignatory of itself. Since multisig account can't issue any transactions it will also NOT be able to cosign any transactions, therefore will yield the funds UNTOUCHABLE.

Quick Example (via pat):

You have a lot of NEM and you're afraid your girl is spending all your NEM on shoes again. So you want to set up a multi-sig account so that you will have to sign every tx your girlfriend makes.
    For this purpose you create a new account A and convert it to a multi-sig account. As co-signatories you set an account controlled by you (B) and your girlfriends account ©.
    When that process is completed B and C will be able to spend NEMs from A but only when the other party also signs the tx.

Remember this is just the first iteration of multi-sig so more flexibility will be added in the future. For example right now all keys are needed to sign a tx. In the future we might have multi-sig accounts that only require a subset of all co-signatories to sign. 

[hr]

NEM requires Java 8
    You can start NCC and NIS with the following link:
    http://bob.nem.ninja/webstart/
    Alternatively, you could just shutdown and restart NEM monitor by double-clicking the NEM icon on the desktop.
    Standalone version: http://bob.nem.ninja/
    [hr]

Usual Troubleshooting Guide:

[li]Standalone - shouldn't have issues with this release.[/li]
      [li]Webstart,

[li]kill any running jawa/jawaws processes[/li]
        [li]Go to java control panel, and hit "View…" (can be run with javaws -viewer)

[li]from "applications" remove both NCC and NIS[/li]
          [li]to be sure check resources and clean them all (this will cause redownload of everything, which might take a bit,
          but should help with most of the problems)[/li]
          [/li]
          [li]There is a detailed post on how to remove the NEM software prior to installing the new version in the ournem forum:
          https://forum.ournem.com/index.php?topic=2635.msg8834#msg8834[/li]
          [li]If you end up on a fork, go to c:\users<i><username>\nem\nis and delete data subdirectory[/li]
          [/li]

As most of you know, this is probably last testnem release.

Enjoy the new version :slight_smile:

I can't import the private key you sent me:
ERROR 121
The address book file does not exist.

nis and ncc running, infrastructure server ready to serve, so to is NCC, but im getting "{"timeStamp":86999,"error":"Not Found","message":null,"status":404}" when i go to localhost:7890

log: http://pastebin.com/cuUaMgck

edit: scratch that… all working :slight_smile:

ERROR 121

I deleted the old .wlt and now it works.

Be sure to delete your old wallets, otherwise you cannot expect this to work ^^

ERROR 121

I deleted the old .wlt and now it works.

Deleted the old wallet and created a new one but still getting ERROR 121.

KC

This might mean, that only wallet has been created without corresponding address book file.
(you should see files like <name>.wlt and <name>.adb in NEM\ncc directory)

Please try removing the wallet once again and creating new one. Sorry for the inconvenience, we'll try to fix it.

HAHA It's cool!

This might mean, that only wallet has been created without corresponding address book file.

Please try removing the wallet once again and creating new one. Sorry for the inconvenience, we'll try to fix it.

when creating a new account from within the NEM client the label is not associated with the new account

When I try to change the label I get this error.
ERROR 127
Address book does not contain this address.

If I send NEM to the new account, I can click on view transaction details, click on recipient, add to addressbook, and set a a label for that account

Same here.

Deleted the old v0.4.48 in folder c:\Users\x\nem and I am running the new v0.5.4 standalone.
The .adb and .wlt files are present in the nem\ncc directory.

When creating a new account, I get an ERROR 127 Address book does not contain this address.
The label I defined does not show up, they all display "No label".

Not sure if this is a bug.
When setting an account to Primary, the text under the account number in the popup box shows: "<span class="null">&lt;No label&gt;</span>"

when creating a new account from within the NEM client the label is not associated with the new account

When I try to change the label I get this error.
ERROR 127
Address book does not contain this address.

If I send NEM to the new account, I can click on view transaction details, click on recipient, add to addressbook, and set a a label for that account

Same here.

Deleted the old v0.4.48 in folder c:\Users\x\nem and I am running the new v0.5.4 standalone.
The .adb and .wlt files are present in the nem\ncc directory.

When creating a new account, I get an ERROR 127 Address book does not contain this address.
The label I defined does not show up, they all display "No label".

I had a similar problem.  I got around it by adding another account, send some XEM to that account and then going into the 2nd account and when seeing the account number of the first account I clicked to add it to my address book.  Once I did that, the label automatically changed.  So it appears that the secret is to manually add the account number to the address book first.  I hope later versions can make it a bit easier.

The easiest way is to go to address book and click add new account, then paste into the address book the account your want to label. 

Installed and ran WITHOUT a single hiccup. Little beauty! Please send me a zillion! Thanks.

TCBJ3J-DCM5NW-E4H5ED-PCCEMG-ESD32D-PUVQTO-OKAL

see here: https://forum.ournem.com/general-discussion/multisig-support-in-0-5-x-(imgs)/

No problems here. Fantastic work.

Reading the OP though, this alarmed me a tad:

DO NOT set the multisig account as cosignatory of itself. Since multisig account can't issue any transactions it will also NOT be able to cosign any transactions, therefore will yield the funds UNTOUCHABLE.

I think in later versions the client really needs to have multiple prompts if it detects the user has done this. It's a massive problem if people could potentially lose their NEM's to such an error - after all, we are trying to make the client as user-friendly as possible and i suspect those who don't have a clue what multisig is might start experimenting in ways such as this which could see the loss of their funds. It's gotta be fool proof.

It would be pretty good if the NEM client had tooltips or something - some sort of explanation of each feature; say if the user hovers their mouse over the "multisig" option. Or perhaps a clickable "?" to take them to a relevant webpage (Say, a page on the official NEM site)

deleted logs and old NEM…started beautifully…can someone send me some XEM ?

TAKX3U-QW4PGR-H7DES5-WEYUJR-ZN4XIZ-CVOPUV-IPLK

+1 perhaps a big warning should come up when "convert to multisig" is clicked? 2 people already gave me full control of an account cos they assumed they were automatically made a signatory. That's a mistake I can see a lot of people making.

Also, how do you start remote harvesting for a multisig account?

why has 'paste your address ' been locked ?

@nembit86: probably it has been locked so people don't send to old addresses. Anyway, I have sent some coins to the address you supplied above.

@nembit86: probably it has been locked so people don't send to old addresses. Anyway, I have sent some coins to the address you supplied above.

HI BR...yeah...got your xem but I cant send any.....IM missing something obviously