NEM Beta 0.6.28

[center]

[/center]

[center]0.6.28 is here![/center]

[hr]

Changes:

[li]Reduced high cpu usage. This should also solve some problems related to not harvesting constantly. - Eigentrust++ recalculation was done more times than needed, which caused slowdown when refreshing nodes.[/li]
    [li]In standalone AUTOHARVESTING has been set to OFF as default - this caused problems, when most newcomers booted with key unknown to network.[/li]
    [li]Updated docs http://bob.nem.ninja/docs/ for details (v1.11).[/li]
    [li]No github issues closed this time, we were concentrating on something else (details coming soon)[/li]
    [li]
    This version offers an additional feature which you can switch on in your config.properties: historical account data
    When you enable this feature your node can supply historical account information like balance / importance / page rank for any block height!
    The API request is

http://<your node>:7890/account/historical/get?address=<address>&startHeight=<startHeight>&endHeight=<endHeight>&increment=<increment>

where

<your node> is the ip address of your node
    <address> is a valid address
    <startHeight> is the height from which on you want to get the data
    <endHeight> is the height up to which you want to get data
    <increment> is the value used to increment the height between subsequent data points.
    So a valid request would be for example

[tt]
    [url=http://bigalice3.nem.ninja:7890/account/historical/get?address=NALICELGU3IVY4DPJKHYLSSVYFFWYS5QPLYEZDJJ&amp;startHeight=1&amp;endHeight=24000&amp;increment=359]http://bigalice3.nem.ninja:7890/account/historical/get
    ?address=NALICELGU3IVY4DPJKHYLSSVYFFWYS5QPLYEZDJJ
    &startHeight=1
    &endHeight=24000
    &increment=359
    [/tt]

For more info read bob.nem.ninja/docs/index.html#retrieving-historical-account-data

To turn on the feature just change the entry
    nis.optionalFeatures = TRANSACTION_HASH_LOOKUP
    to
    nis.optionalFeatures = TRANSACTION_HASH_LOOKUP|HISTORICAL_ACCOUNT_DATA
    in the file config.properties.
    The feature is [B]not turned on by default because it relies on caching more data which is more memory intensive.
    Only turn on the feature if your node has enough memory for the java process.[/li]

[hr]

NEM requires Java 8
    Remember installer requires 64-bit java
    You can download java from official page: http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

You can start NCC and NIS with an installer from the following link:
    http://bob.nem.ninja/installer/
    Standalone version: http://bob.nem.ninja/

Nice  :slight_smile: Thanks!

Nice. Will install it today.

I just found a slight issue - the package name has changed from

org.nem.core.deploy.CommonStarter

to
org.nem.deploy.CommonStarter

Please announce this the next time - breaks couple of scripts

@mrpj: ok, will do that next time. Sorry we didn't think about the scripts.

I just found a slight issue - the package name has changed from

[code]org.nem.core.deploy.CommonStarter[/code]

to
[code]org.nem.deploy.CommonStarter[/code]

Please announce this the next time - breaks couple of scripts

Sorry about it, at a time of writing the ann, I knew we forgot about something

Updated my NIS :wink:

Looks like log file format has changed too.

Can I assume NIS is properly started when I see "Registering annotated classes: [class org.nem.specific.deploy.d]" ?

@rigel: what kind of format is it now? (the format itself should not have changed)

Good Work!! Loads much faster! Less than 30s

@rigel: what kind of format is it now? (the format itself should not have changed)

Used to be plain text:
[code]
2015-04-15 16:28:55.180 INFO NEM logging has been bootstrapped! (org.nem.core.deploy.g f)
2015-04-15 16:28:55.183 INFO Acquiring exclusive lock to lock file: /opt/nem/nis/work/nis.lock (org.nem.core.deploy.CommonStarter a)
2015-04-15 16:28:55.195 INFO Analyzing meta data in <nem-infrastructure-server__V0.6.26-BETA.jar> (org.nem.core.metadata.JarFacade <init>)
2015-04-15 16:28:55.214 INFO Meta data title <NEM Infrastructure Server>, version <0.6.26-BETA> (org.nem.core.metadata.JarFacade <init>)
2015-04-15 16:28:55.222 INFO Starting embedded Jetty Server. (org.nem.core.deploy.CommonStarter main)
[/code]

Now it is XML:
[code]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="US-ASCII" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE log SYSTEM "logger.dtd">
<log>
<record>
  <date>2015-04-16T12:05:04</date>
  <millis>1429178704296</millis>
  <sequence>0</sequence>
  <logger>org.nem.deploy.g</logger>
  <level>INFO</level>
  <class>org.nem.deploy.g</class>
  <method>b</method>
  <thread>1</thread>
  <message>NEM logging has been bootstrapped!</message>
</record>
<record>
  <millis>1429178704452</millis>
  <sequence>1</sequence>
  <logger>org.nem.deploy.CommonStarter</logger>
  <level>INFO</level>
  <class>org.nem.deploy.CommonStarter</class>
  <method>tryAcquireLock</method>
  <thread>1</thread>
  <message>Acquiring exclusive lock to lock file: /opt/nem/nis/work/nis.lock</message>
</record>
<record>
  <millis>1429178704465</millis>
  <sequence>2</sequence>
  <logger>org.nem.core.metadata.CodeSourceFacade</logger>
  <level>WARNING</level>
  <class>org.nem.core.metadata.CodeSourceFacade</class>
  <method>&lt;init&gt;</method>
  <thread>1</thread>
  <message>no certificate found for (file:/opt/nem/nis/nem-deploy-0.6.28-BETA.jar &lt;no signer certificates&gt;)</message>
</record>
[/code]

My startup script was waiting for "NEM Infrastructure Server is ready to serve" line that never appeared.

Or is the update to Java 1.8.0_45 that did the joke?

Edit: Found it
My old nis/logalpha.properties contains a class name no longer valid:
[code]
java.util.logging.FileHandler.formatter = org.nem.core.deploy.j
[/code]

Yes, definitely less cpu usage. Good job devs :slight_smile: Is the block difficulty in the harvesting section meant to be greater than 200% or is it a bug?

@iaminitnow06: the difficulty shown in the gui is a factor 2 too high right now. But even if you divide it by 2 it can be higher than 100%. 100% just means that you need a certain amount of xem to achieve a 60 second block time on average. If less xem are harvesting then the difficulty will drop and if more xem are harvesting the difficulty will rise.

Edit: Found it
My old nis/logalpha.properties contains a class name no longer valid:
[code]
java.util.logging.FileHandler.formatter = org.nem.core.deploy.j
[/code]

Aww! Right, sorry about that...

So I just did the new Mac OS X update… Then I installed the new NEM software. My NIS Server will not boot. It loads blocks 0-24000 and then says: "NIS not available" [in the red bar/strip at the top of the screen].

Is anyone else having issues with the NIS server today?

Sent from my iPhone iOS via TapaTalk App
Twitter: @creiddouthat

I had similar issues.
I had to restart everything, return the localhost under settings (instead of remote node I was using until the update), then the NIS redownloaded the blockchain and at the end I was able to turn on the remote node for delegated harvesting back.
I didn't send the tx to stop remote harvesting, just entered localhost and then after everything put remote note address back in…

@Reidcoin: hard to tell what#s wrong without any logs. Can you supply them?

Sure I can. Where do I find them? In the /nem folder? Or are they somewhere else.
Also; what's the best NODE to boot from I've been using Alice2.nem.ninja is there possibly a problem with my NODE?

Sure I can. Where do I find them? In the /nem folder? Or are they somewhere else.
Also; what's the best NODE to boot from I've been using Alice2.nem.ninja is there possibly a problem with my NODE?

I believe they are all in nem/nis/logs folder but there are a bunch of them and I don't know which one needs to be sent.
I was using CarolMarcus.nemtrader.com prior and I am using it now, after the upgrade... Had same symptomps you have...

So enter the localhost, wait until everything is synchronized and then change to remote node...

Ok; I found the logs and there are quite a few. So if someone can help specify which is best for a diagnosis please let me know.
Tompa- So mine loads the database up to 24000 and then stops. I set my NODE to the one you just sent me. Could you outline what you had to do to reset all the settings that got yours working. I'm kinda confused on what settings you set back to default.

I'll tell you what I don't understand: I've been using this NEM client and the ones from 4-5 months ago with the beta test. Even with the Beta software and the old server I've never had such issues.